Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe ever end?

the_n.s_02

Considering the amount of time i have played warframe (i.e. half a year), i still feel that i haven't even reached half the game,but the new story content is still in  making so i guess waiting is the only option i have. Warframe is since 2013 and has lived pretty long enough till now but every game has an end and its seems like DE is dragging warframe's end too far(with respect to time).i think warframe should be done now, not like its a bad game, its one of the best games i have ever played in my life, maybe DE should end this game and have a break of a year and then create Warframe 2 maybe?Or maybe it can end its main story-line quests soon and then release its side quests in periodic updates?

i feel like if you cant reach the end of a road at a destination why would you even walk on it?........for exploration ...for fun....but still how long?

i don't mean to hurt anyone's sentiment!.peace.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain it's only just begin.

From a business perspective it'd make no sense whatsoever to end the game.

From a development stand point ending Warframe to attempt to make Warframe 2: The Search for Frohd is even sillier for a studio the size of DE.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, the_n.s_02 said:

i think warframe should be done now, not like its a bad game, its one of the best games i have ever played in my life, maybe DE should end this game and have a break of a year and then create Warframe 2 maybe?

I can't find the logic in this sentence. It's like saying: "I love the country I live in, MAYBE IT SHOULD BE NUKED HUH???".

• Like 6

as long as the core mechanics of warframe function and they can keep their company going they should just keep doing warframe forever imo. other companies can make other games we can play we dont need one company to rule them all so to say

• Like 1

I suppose this is the main characteristic of an massively online game. It differs from standalone games in that there is no ending. No secret ending, no multiple endings, no best or worst endings. The objective of the game is to keep the game going on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

I can't find the logic in this sentence. It's like saying: "I love the country I live in, MAYBE IT SHOULD BE NUKED HUH???".

😂 read the 2nd last sentence that is what i meant!

Edited by the_n.s_02

6 minutes ago, the_n.s_02 said:

😂 read the 2nd last sentence that is what i meant!

This one?

1 hour ago, the_n.s_02 said:

i feel like if you cant reach the end of a road at a destination why would you even walk on it?........for exploration ...for fun....but still how long?

Is there only one destination? I don't see why a constantly updated game should have an end. Why would you want it to end? To get Warframe 2? What's the point of making Warframe 2 if they can just release another update for Warframe?

• Like 2

If it still makes money, then it will go for as long as it can. I think there's still a LOT of people willing to spend in the game. I play maybe an hour per day, not everyday though. I even stop playing for maybe a week or two then come back BUT whenever I see an interesting cosmetic in game I am willing to spend money even if I don't play the game much. I imagine a lot of older players, and veterans, do the same thing. Not to mention the amount of new players who are willing to spend. 

Warframe would eventually end but I don't see it happening for lets say, 5 years give or take. How it would end though is a different story. If a game comes along that is similar to Warframe and better, then DE would have to do better if they want to keep the game alive.

2 hours ago, the_n.s_02 said:

First an foremost: Why do YOU play Warframe? Do you play it to reach an end?
If so, then you might want to quit Warframe, as this game isn't about a finish line.
If you don't play it to reach an end, there is no need to ask for an end, is there?

2 hours ago, the_n.s_02 said:

so i guess waiting is the only option i have

Online games won't exist anymore once they died. WF is not those solo-main games where you keep your bought copy in your HDD or on steam. So wait for what? 

8 minutes ago, kyori said:

Online games won't exist anymore once they died. WF is not those solo-main games where you keep your bought copy in your HDD or on steam. So wait for what?

Next major story update.!

Story arcs and phases of the games lifespan can end even if the game itself doesn't. The latter has already happened a couple times - The Fomorians being a key example. Those were teased right up through for some time, being a full-on story arc. Starting with a first strike against the Corpus in the form of Operation Sling Stone, which the Tenno stop, cementing them as one of the primary forces of the Origin system despite their numbers. Follow up with the Ties that Bind, where the Corpus, scared silly by Sling Stone, hear of the fleet coming back with Project Tethra, and Frohd kidnaps his son, Darvo to consolidate his resources. The Tenno rescue Darvo and it's all well and good. Follow with Tethra's doom itself - the Tenno move to attack the Fomorian Cores, but are too late - the Auxiliary core diversion allows the fleet to reach completion. Now, Operation Cryotic Front - a mysterious benefactor (who turns out to be one Baro Ki'teer) offers the Tenno the base blueprints for a rediscovered Old War weapon - the Archwings. He sells it to us in exchange for Cryotic to store jellyfish with. One Tenno (the player) enacts on the Archwing quest to gather the rest of the blueprints and it is revealed that the Balor fleet is ready. With no time to lose, they spread the knowledge to the rest of the Tenno, before jumping into the conclusion of this arc - Eyes of Blight. Vey Hek, learning from sling stone, launches his attack not on the Corpus, but the Tenno - eliminating the more dangerous target first, and cowing the Corpus when their saviours of last time perish. He succeeds in destroying the majority of Relays, but eventually every last one of his Balor Fomorians is destroyed. The Tenno then take revenge on Hek in the now-defunct law of retribution raid.

Actually games that never end are some of the best because they cater to the player base. Similarly to Grand Theft Auto 5, still shows up at the top 10 games on Steam and one of the longest running. Updates and patches are all some forever games need. Same with League of Legends and many more. It just will never end unless they cannot afford to pay their employees.

If you want quick games then you have to play games like Final Fantasy 7 remake. 3 days and you beat the game.

As long as they keep improving the game and adding new content, Id love to see this game still running 30 years from now when I retire. ahahah

Edited by kwlingo

3 hours ago, the_n.s_02 said:

Considering the amount of time i have played warframe (i.e. half a year), i still feel that i haven't even reached half the game,but the new story content is still in  making so i guess waiting is the only option i have. Warframe is since 2013 and has lived pretty long enough till now but every game has an end and its seems like DE is dragging warframe's end too far(with respect to time).i think warframe should be done now, not like its a bad game, its one of the best games i have ever played in my life, maybe DE should end this game and have a break of a year and then create Warframe 2 maybe?Or maybe it can end its main story-line quests soon and then release its side quests in periodic updates?

i don't mean to hurt anyone's sentiment!.peace.

Honestly, warframe will hit the 10 year mark beyond that it's just purely speculation. They honestly might already be thinking of whats next/after warframe concept wise. There's no point in shoving the game aside and ''finishing'' it when there's still so much you can get out of it is just bad for business. Creating a ''warframe 2'' will take years them dropping warframe's development for years just to create warframe 2 will kill warframe. And then it's also the question of; is it worth the risk? dropping something thats succesfull right now just to create another version of it with the hopes that people will go and play the new version? There have been plenty of games that didn't succeed in that. I think we shouldn't look at when it's going to end it's pointless. Enjoy the journey like most people have been doing for the past 7 years.