Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_n.s_02

Will Warframe ever end?

Recommended Posts

I expect it to be sooner than anticipated, especially if the player base keeps disolving at this pace. I also wouldn't be surprised if the new "Open world" is mostly tossed aside and turned into a end game quest or something. 

A game can go to only a certain extend without frequent content updates and/or a decent end game model with high replayability. Warframe has neither and I feel like the game has long ran it's course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ended long ago when they keeps introducing new content island instead of polishing and perfecting the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A game as a service game often doesnt end unless extremely missmanaged like Warhammer Age of Reckoning and Marvel Heroes (#*!% you Dohrmann!) or if another company suddenly gets the frenchise rights and wants to make a new game as a service game, like Sony's SWG getting shut down to make way for EA's The old Republic Star Wars MMO.

33 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

A game can go to only a certain extend without frequent content updates and/or a decent end game model with high replayability. Warframe has neither and I feel like the game has long ran it's course.

Warframe has never had any real endgame and it has still increased in active players for several years and is even now well above its all-time-low (which it hit during 2018 during the constant increase), even though we've had 3 current releases that have split the community in several ways. And if the upcoming corpus expansion brings what it seems to it will be something for the whole playerbase since it is more "classic" WF content. We've had 6 months with 3 releases of questionable quality and content, that is a bump in the road that they can potentially fix. Even though the releases have had a split reception from the community it still hasnt resulted in an all-time-low, which could have been expected given the ranting and valid criticism towards the 3 releases.

I'm all ok with them releasing something from time to time that may be hit and miss for the whole community. Raids were a big hit and miss, eidolons were a big hit and miss, railjack was a big hit and miss, and liches were a big hit and miss. Liches and RJ have been fixed though. It used to be hard to find pugs for liches a few weeks after release, nowdays it is like on release day, there is always a pug, nearly always full when you sign up for public. RJ also seems alot more active, people are actually talking about the mode again in-game and on these forums. Now they just need to tie it in better with the rest of the game, most importantly with liches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope it never ends.. I've spent so much time with the game, and still get excited on new releases like a child. Especially new toys (frames and weapons)

But I'm also curious if they ever stop releasing new frames and or weapons.. and what would happen.. idk man

--

I do like the fact though that DE is one of the few devs that realized that there's no need for sequels anymore.. Ubisoft for example would've released Warframe 7 by now..

It's 2020 now.. no need for a 60+ bucks price tag for just visual enhancements and a couple new features (almost) every year.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at some point the quality of a game with drop enough to get itself a bad rep, usually it happens when in order to keep the game "fresh", the dev add more and more content making the game confusing and unbalanced.

this is the story of 80% of mmos out there, high lvl cap, new better items again and again, new more powerful bosses and mission again and again, trivializing older content

Eventually the mix of bad reputation due to the disconnection between devs and community + the chaotic amount of content lowers the interest of new players, while the veterans simply feel disconnected with the game.

Ive witnessed this in so many games, L2, Cabal, JD, MU

 

But warframe is one of the positive example, just recently their community love dropped, but it seems to be on a rise again, and i dont think the game will die anytime soon.

I see at least 4 more years of warframe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframe feels like another Unix or Windows 10 in a weird sense. It's just continually updated and changed (sometimes in big ways!) over time... and it does everything and runs on almost anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it will keep going until they decide it shut it down. The game itself is amazingly flexible in terms of gameplay and design, and the fact you can ubercustomize pretty much EVERYTHING is freaking incredible. I'm enjoying it a lot, personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

 

Warframe has never had any real endgame and it has still increased in active players for several years and is even now well above its all-time-low (which it hit during 2018 during the constant increase), even though we've had 3 current releases that have split the community in several ways. And if the upcoming corpus expansion brings what it seems to it will be something for the whole playerbase since it is more "classic" WF content. We've had 6 months with 3 releases of questionable quality and content, that is a bump in the road that they can potentially fix. Even though the releases have had a split reception from the community it still hasnt resulted in an all-time-low, which could have been expected given the ranting and valid criticism towards the 3 releases.

I'm all ok with them releasing something from time to time that may be hit and miss for the whole community. Raids were a big hit and miss, eidolons were a big hit and miss, railjack was a big hit and miss, and liches were a big hit and miss. Liches and RJ have been fixed though. It used to be hard to find pugs for liches a few weeks after release, nowdays it is like on release day, there is always a pug, nearly always full when you sign up for public. RJ also seems alot more active, people are actually talking about the mode again in-game and on these forums. Now they just need to tie it in better with the rest of the game, most importantly with liches.

WF didn't have proper end game but It got more frequent content updates and lore progression. Now we go for months without anything and years without lore progression. I've been mostly inactive in the last months, but I know the playerbase is thinning down. Not much going on to draw new players in, and not much else to keep vets around. Circulation is slowing down. Nothing noteworthy in horizon. 

Can Wf get back up ? Yeah but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few ways WARFRAME can go. 

It can be like Disney and grow and take over other things and spread its wings to expand for many types.

It can be as the Mario games where it divides and spreads from system to systems with neverending game after game.

It can be just as much a part f society as Shakespeare works or Homers guides to life. 

It can become the next Jade Empire....and not go anywhere except as a game that was played at one time in life.

Whatever it becomes or however long it stays around....the fans will keep it going after the servers are done. Whether it be in fan fictions or making art from weapons and costumes or cartoons of a time long ago. 

May it last long and grow strong

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people need to have an endgame?. Im enjoying it for what it is .They'll keep reworking the game trying to "improve it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Warframe has never had any real endgame and it has still increased in active players for several years and is even now well above its all-time-low (which it hit during 2018 during the constant increase), even though we've had 3 current releases that have split the community in several ways.

Interesting point...where did the data come that 2018 was its all-time-low? Would really like to read that information directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when all the non gamebreaking bugs are fixed that's when we know warframe as we know it has truly ended.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realize that whenever it does end, the Tenno will turn out to be the Bad Guys (they are space ninja pirates after all) and it will feel a lot like the ending of Lost...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframe had a "endgame" that nobody really realize it, and they removed it by putting permanent armistice at 2015 instead of fixing it, that is the only content that suppose to solve the current content drought problem along with clan and alliance being useless beside research. Warframe will "end" when you feel like is ended due to lack of contents/motivation to do anything or simply own everything you wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, White_Matter said:

WF didn't have proper end game but It got more frequent content updates and lore progression. Now we go for months without anything and years without lore progression. I've been mostly inactive in the last months, but I know the playerbase is thinning down. Not much going on to draw new players in, and not much else to keep vets around. Circulation is slowing down. Nothing noteworthy in horizon. 

Can Wf get back up ? Yeah but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

We've gotten an update each 3-4 months of some type when it comes to content, even during the low content year of 2019. Playerbase is also not thinning, it just isnt increasing like it did for years after the release. Games need to stagnate at some point when it comes to gaining numbers. The last 6 months have brought back more people than they've lost, and that is with 3 subpar releases in those 6 months. It had a 36% increase over the lich+RJ updates, lost around 20% or so during feb, then increased again with 25% or so the following month.

12 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Interesting point...where did the data come that 2018 was its all-time-low? Would really like to read that information directly.

Steamcharts show it. It shows the concurrent Steam numbers since release, so is easy to follow. Lowest point since release while it was still gaining frequent numbers was october 2018 iirc. There have been lower numbers, but that was while the playerbase was still growing, the growth for concurrents kinda capped out in Q4 of 2018, so the lowpoint of 2018 is likely the best all-time-low number to compare to. So with the game not growing like it did back then, the concurrent numbers that even the bad updates manage to bring back are quite good, and the very opposite of the "all-time-low" some people claim. Yes, liches were bad, RJ was not everybodies cup of tea and scarlet spear followed the same path, but they definently didnt make people leave the game that resulted in new all time lows or anywhere near it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Warframe ends, I’d like DE to release a paid meta version based on the best contents, high Riven dispositions, and melee 2.99 from 2017-2018 Up to around Update 24/25. Starting from Update 25, it’s going downhill fast as if it is being “undeveloped” with tons of nerfs and extremely grinding contents with layers of RNG especially after Update 26. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE only thing I wish we can have when it eventually ends is just being able to play it still.

Our data going to our PC and having an Offline Mode. The drop tables would be dilluted like hell because every relic would be there.

But that would be wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, White_Matter said:

WF didn't have proper end game but It got more frequent content updates and lore progression. Now we go for months without anything and years without lore progression. I've been mostly inactive in the last months, but I know the playerbase is thinning down. Not much going on to draw new players in, and not much else to keep vets around. Circulation is slowing down. Nothing noteworthy in horizon. 

Can Wf get back up ? Yeah but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

For at least 2 years since 2018, DE is certainly “trying” to do something hard to both keep old players and bring in new players. But all I see is that DE destroys what old players enjoy and give away everything dirty cheap to lure new players in. This is a terrible cycle. 
 

The biggest mistake DE makes is destroying what works by constant nerfing fun factors that can keep the most royal players staying. If something is fun, it works. But DE seems to have its own ideas and not listening to players. 
 

I have had over 4K hours and was an enthusiast player and always invited new friends to join and bought items with real money. With what DE is doing, it all stopped last yeast year. 
 

Now I just play it to kill time and complete new contents before moving on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy, this game has no end. (Warning : Spoiler)

   First, the storyline they chose for warframe can be a neverending story, because we're in a universe where the main protagonist has no ultimate goal whatsoever and won't have one.
 

Révélation

And being an immortal space child that's trying to solve everyone's and their mother's problem, from the origin system to Tau, doesn't really help


   Then and most importantly, they won't end it until it stopped making money. And when it happens, the best move they could do would be to do something completely different, because warframe 2 would fail for the same reason warframe "1" ended. (unless it is completely different, which would be surprising coming from DE but who knows)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends, as a game/series it has a lot of life left in it story-wise.  As a stand-alone without sequel though, hard to say. 

Benefits to continuous without sequel: less production/development cost, continuation of player/user accounts and 'characters', keeps player-base together, good stable economy (as odd as it is, it's working and stable). 

Disadvantages of continuous: Game starts to feel dated, they have done a good job at keeping things up to date though.  Spaghetti-code!  Now there is a certain amount of charm that comes with what we have, and I enjoy popping open subreddit or forums to find what new insanity the community has discovered.  But from DE's perspective there has to be temptation to take what works from the base game, wipe the slate clean of the spaghetti and re-implement in a sequel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...