The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave creds now useless

Waterzzz

Il y a 2 heures, Waterzzz a dit :

I do really think it's horrible you have no chance for us to spend it and get our much needed nitain extract.

You might have miss the announcement, why not, there is no problem with that. I just don't understand why, if nitains are such a big deal, you did not buy them sooner? 

You need 207 total nitain to craft everything involving nitains in the current version of the game. Don't wait to need them, just make a stock pile for the amount you still need during the next nightwave and do not wait until it's too late 🙂

Edited by HexOmega111x

*yawn*  I don't follow the news and the streams are always when I can't watch them.  But even I knew about this.

And the same was stated for the previous Night Wave.  Use or lose.

So if you don't want them in your inventory, sell them.  That was the direction.  May have to wait for the next one to start to sell, I don't know.

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

there's a #&@&* flashing blue text on your ship to your right everytime you login. does it need to be accompanied a tornado siren and a npc to notice?  I went to double check and the news console is literally in your view when you login and the flashing text doesn't go away till you walk up to it and interact with it.  Saying you have "no warning" is bs

I'm playing devil's advocate here so no need to get mad at me. I lost some credits on my very first Nightwave and I learned the lesson. I see the news just fine these days.

I didn't say you have no warning. I said nothing of the kind. I'm saying there is a singular place the information could be placed that would resolve the issue for new people. Everyone who does Nightwave uses the Nightwave console. It is a no-brainer that the info should be right there. You open the console to see what Nightwave content you have left to complete today and BAM, right there is says "22 hours and 8 minutes until Nightwave ends". It is considerate of them to put the info in 15 other places, but all those places are 2nd best.

Someone else already brought up the fact that inside the Nightwave console the normal weekly countdown timer keeps running as normal, despite the fact that it will never reach the end of the countdown.  That is a mechanism that does the exact opposite of what it needs to do in the final week by informing new people who don't know any better (yet) that they have time remaining and maybe even a reset coming at the end of the week.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jim22 said:

why would you be pissed its your own fault, you should've spent the credits before the nightwave II was gone.

To be fair...he has only had about 7 months or so to do  so........🙄

Best let the next one run a full year so people can spend creds before NW ends "surprisingly" after several warnings  😄

40 minutes ago, MorradiX said:

To be fair...he has only had about 7 months or so to do  so........🙄

Best let the next one run a full year so people can spend creds before NW ends "surprisingly" after several warnings  😄

and then imma make a topic complaining about it ending after one year. it is like tradition, it must be continued.

4 hours ago, Uan91 said:

You are complaining because you didn't spent creds in time before the nightwave ending: 

They announced the date two weeks in advance on: 
-Website

-Ingame

-App notification

-Every single third part website

-Every fan warframe discord server

-Official warframe discord server

-In forum

-Steam.

Are you * serious?

It was not posted in the official Warframe Discord. News post was never copied by Ordis into any channel.

Congrats you just found out DE doesn't use all the methods at their disposal to inform players wow. Honestly it probably said it somewhere in game and you probably didn't read it like most people but what ever it honestly isn't a big deal.

Just another weird DEsign choice sadly. 

How hard would it be to have a week (or until next NW starts) with only the basic things like Nitain, Orokin Reactor and Catalyst at the very minimum, one can buy with whatever credit remains..?

No new store items, no item rotations, no new challenges and credits. 

• Like 1

So we are just going to ignore the scummy fomo practice that creds creates because some people didnt read the fine print?

You people are why EA/Activision/Blizzard/Bethesda gets away with the crap they do.

And no, i only had 5 creds left over as i did use what i had. I still wont excuse these disgusting F2P practices when i see them.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

So we are just going to ignore the scummy fomo practice that creds creates because some people didnt read the fine print?

You people are why EA/Activision/Blizzard/Bethesda gets away with the crap they do.

And no, i only had 5 creds left over as i did use what i had. I still wont excuse these disgusting F2P practices when i see them.

EA/Activision/Blizzard/Bethesda sells $50+ base game. Adds fomo F2P stuff on top.

DE... is F2P... wants you to constantly log-on because its F2P.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

And everything eventually repeats in warframe. So, really. While its still fomo and naive to think a f2p wont use a single manipulative tactic. Its asking for your time and participation. Its not a buy in system, nor is it asking for express packs for $$ to make sure you acquire the limited timed goods which all those other battle-passes want. And they have made it easier and easier to achieve goals every reiteration of the nightwave.

Does it still suck with extended downtime and no track record of predictable timing? So far.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Diavoros said:

The typical "I didnt know when nightwave was gonna end/didnt know i had to use my credits" thread

Really? Is this typical?

I'm not surprised. The news console is almost entirely safe to ignore: contests, promotions, stuff about Twitch, etc. Why on Earth would anyone look there for a consequential deadline?

Personally, I happened to notice the NW thing by chance, but I could easily have missed it. I don't check that console regularly. There's no reason to.

The link said intermission was ending "soon." Usually, when something is a deadline, it's specific. Your car reg isn't due "soon." It's due on a certain date. With no mention of a date, I can understand how a person might assume no action is needed.

Neither was there any mention of credits. How would anyone know NW credits don't carry over? Other kinds of credits carry over (Plague Star, Scarlet Spear). Why wouldn't Nightwave work like that?

The place for this info was the Nightwave button in the nav UI. The thing you click to do Nightwave stuff. Change size, shape, & color. Add text: "NEW SEASON [date]. USE YOUR CREDITS NOW!"

@Waterzzz It's too bad about your credits, but you can get more from the new season. And you'll be able to get nitain then too.

Edited by FadeToNull
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

there's a #&@&* flashing blue text on your ship to your right everytime you login. does it need to be accompanied a tornado siren and a npc to notice?  I went to double check and the news console is literally in your view when you login and the flashing text doesn't go away till you walk up to it and interact with it.  Saying you have "no warning" is bs

Why did you need to "double check?"

If it's unmissable, why were you uncertain?

Meanwhile we have an in-game mail where Stalker send his threats, Baro his biweekly arrival information and 83786 spam mails about ghouls in PoE.

Is it really that bad to ask for, at the very least, a message some 24 or 48 hours before telling us to stop earning NW credits and start spending them asap? 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I'm not surprised. The news console is almost entirely safe to ignore: contests, promotions, stuff about Twitch, etc. Why on Earth would anyone look there for a consequential deadline?

Because there are other things in there other than deadlines. If you are into collecting freebies from DE live Twitch streams, it gets announced there. If you're into participating in contests to get prizes, it gets announced there as well. Updates and revisions gets announced there. Prime access and Vault access gets announced there. Tennogen gets announced there.

Lots of things get announced there.

Just because you are not interested in all of them doesn't mean every one in the game feels the same way. I always look out for DE live streams because I'm a sucker for freebies. So why on Earth would anyone look there? Because of all these announcements.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jemmies said:
3 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

Because there are other things in there other than deadlines. If you are into collecting freebies from DE live Twitch streams...

I think you may have slightly missed my point.

To recap:

Me (rhetorically): why look there for a deadline?
You (literally): because there are things there other than deadlines.

See the problem?

Consider this analogy...

The masses: OP is at fault for overlooking the snow shovel. It's right there in the cupboard.
Me: if DE wants us to shovel snow, they should put the shovel in the closet with the winter coats. Why should anyone be expected to find a snow shovel in the cupboard?
You: because there's a platypus in it. Just because you don't like platypi, doesn't mean no does.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you see someone shoveling snow with a platypus, call the cops.

BTW, I also enjoy prime access & vaults & appreciate those announcements. Freebies too, of course.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I think you may have slightly missed my point.

Because based on your post, the justification for not looking there is because there's nothing there and it is "safe to ignore". My point is that there are other things there which to others, may not be "safe to ignore", hence look there.

See the misunderstanding?

Hence, you may wanna reconsider your analogy.

• Like 2