Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan wars/Alliance wars

Just as the title says i know that once upon a time warframe had this feature but was taken away. 
I think it would be an amazing thing to have this feature again as players can fight each other (excluding conclave) for territory/rewards and maybe wreck each others clan dojo.

I am really curious as to what other players think about the whole idea of this.

• Like 9

Used to be clans had real cohesion due to the existence and later promise of dark sector's return. Building clans and alliances and maintaining them weren't an issue because there was prestige attached to joining a clan/alliance. Nowadays people join for the researches and drydock and don't interact and/or leave after they've gotten what they wanted. I used to run dojo pvp tournaments back in 2015 and they were the S#&$. People from other clans and alliances would join to compete and the dojo was a place with life. Now I'm here with an alliance built with love and care that's mostly empty cause after hitting a certain hour/mr mark, people leave the game and they have nothing to come back to. From what I've seen newbies and old dead clans slowly get merged with the super large ones since it's just convenient to. - Sorry that was a rant but oh god yes, let clans wreck each other in some sort of arena.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, ImagineWhales said:

wreck each others clan dojo.

HELL TO THE NO

I don't want my dojo that i've spent literal years working on to be wrecked by some clan full of meta slave no lifers who abuse game mechanics to become literally unbeatable (aka what happened with dark sectors)

• Like 9

Interesting this got brought up as it's own topic. I mention this in the "Can PvP Be Successful?" thread (I did not post the thread but am linking a my relevant reply). To be clear, I would not advocate for Dark Sectors (though I do wish I had a chance to try them) but rather direct clan v. clan team annihilation style combat. There's absolutely zero reason to be in a clan except for the mastery from research bps. I have no reason to leave my solo clan or join an alliance. I had been approaching this from a PvP/prestige perspective but this could indeed make group (as opposed to solo) clans relevant again. 

Warframe is not a sandbox mmo, where things were made to be the way you want, OP

Another thing: too many casuals who, in the remote case your dream is implemented, will be VOCAL about reversion to the current way.

Thanks, but no, thanks. Oh, i heard EVE online is a game where pvp like this happens all the time. Why don't you check?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Nope, turns out the larger clans liked going down the slippery slope of Shenanigan Mountain and ruined it so much so for the future that DE had to armistice the whole lot of them. 

What happened? Tell us a war story grandpa lol.

• Like 2

5 часов назад, (PS4)FriendSharkey сказал:

Nope, turns out the larger clans liked going down the slippery slope of Shenanigan Mountain and ruined it so much so for the future that DE had to armistice the whole lot of them. 

Oh so DE decided to just delete an entire game mode instead of actually bothering to fix it? Now where have I seen that already? Oh yeah, raids. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

HELL TO THE NO

I don't want my dojo that i've spent literal years working on to be wrecked by some clan full of meta slave no lifers who abuse game mechanics to become literally unbeatable (aka what happened with dark sectors)

While I agree with this post in general, I now curious what it would have looked like if we could "trash the set". Where you can load your dojo as an actual level (Pvp? PvE?) and blow stuff up as enemies run around. Obivously the damage would only be limited to this temporary instance while the dojo's decorations are stored server-side, so no worries about griefers doing anything permanent

• Like 3

Solar rail wars got shut down by the time i got into the game proper but everyone i talked to in the clan at the time was glad it was gone. The toxicity and "Clanism" was getting out of hand.

Eve does it well , cause their whole concept revolves around defeating other players and using their ashes as soup garnish.

Warframe has time and again shown it is not capable of a balanced PVP environment , it might get better , but is unlikely.

The only kind of clan competition currently permitted is showing who can make the prettiest dojos.

I like pretty Dojos , ours is pretty.

But any kind of competition which might result in a sense of in game loss? yeah dont think people used to the power fantasy will be able to cope with it..

• Like 4

10 hours ago, shadowstormr said:

Used to be clans had real cohesion due to the existence and later promise of dark sector's return. Building clans and alliances and maintaining them weren't an issue because there was prestige attached to joining a clan/alliance. Nowadays people join for the researches and drydock and don't interact and/or leave after they've gotten what they wanted. I used to run dojo pvp tournaments back in 2015 and they were the S#&$. People from other clans and alliances would join to compete and the dojo was a place with life. Now I'm here with an alliance built with love and care that's mostly empty cause after hitting a certain hour/mr mark, people leave the game and they have nothing to come back to. From what I've seen newbies and old dead clans slowly get merged with the super large ones since it's just convenient to. - Sorry that was a rant but oh god yes, let clans wreck each other in some sort of arena.

The sad truth. No Endgame, No content dedicated towards clans or even true veteran players (I don't count 1-3 year players who don't know anything about the game). You'd think Warframe, the game that directly targets Casual players would attempt to cater clans and communities. Perhaps they don't because naturally people and the internet are toxic and it's best to keep us separated and unorganized. 🙃 

9 hours ago, renleech said:

Another thing: too many casuals who, in the remote case your dream is implemented, will be VOCAL about reversion to the current way.

I've also learned in the past years observing other games, the Casual player base is tremendously vocal while the competitive player base is not. Casuals veto competition out and the competitive players silently move to another game. The unfortunate cycle.

-------------

A lot of people will naturally think that anything competitive or remotely related to PvP will bring toxicity and ruin the game. First off, Casuals am I right? But they are right to think that. The previous Dark Sector system certainly had problems which are well, easily fixable. In addition, Conclave is the only thing people can base PvP off which well, Conclave is a very neglected game mode. Only for the committed players really. So everything in the past has been highly negative. What is missing in the average casual is common sense and an open mind. There is SO much that can be done to prevent all your problems. It's just easier to complain, say "No" and suffer the consequences of having no purpose to the game aside looking good and collecting everything. Bring Endgame to Warframe.

I would like to openly say that myself and several other Dark Sector players are working on a small project that is Dark Sector related. If there is anyone interested in talking or even learning about the previous Dark Sector system, the REAL problems, solutions, the politics, how we can attempt to bring them back. Please let me know. I've been a big advocate for Dark Sectors ever since its initial road map and continue to play Warframe in the hope that they return. Yea, I've been waiting for years 😞

If interested, please let me know through a forum DM where I will provide you my discord ID and we can discuss. 

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
Moving stuff around for clarity
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, ImagineWhales said:

I think it would be an amazing thing to have thi-

It's not amazing.

players can fight each other (excluding conclave) for territory/rewards

once upon a time it was taken away for a reason.

maybe wreck each others clan dojo.

You're a troll.

• Like 4

ITT: it's all about implementation. Yes the last iteration of DS was to be frank shoddy at best but that was during the early days of the game, however so were a lot of aspects. Times have changed and PvE isn't enough to satisfy everyone let alone allow for survivability of the game. Especially during the last few years. The game stats are apparent. It would be an excellent addition. If PvE were to be treated as Dark Sectors/ Clan Battles were. (i.e completely removed/neglected) it would be a firestorm. Everyone deserves to have something in this great game. It does not have to be a  bad thing. 

Automatically dismissing an idea is overall just in poor taste 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Was a fun mode ruined by people with issues with power, some kind of "mafia" and that sort of things.

So you're saying the PvP was fun?

The mafia part can be fixed. I just want to focus on the positive here and point out that someone had FUN. I too had fun but no one really cares about fun.

F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere and anytime at all

Down here in the Dark Sectors YeeeYee 🙂

Edited by -BG-StormFighter117
  • Like 2

I came here to Warframe to MOW down enemies and relax. Not getting owned or harrased by manchilds thinks he is the best player in the world and everyone should kneel down to them.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I came here to Warframe to MOW down enemies and relax. Not getting owned or harrased by manchilds thinks he is the best player in the world and everyone should kneel down to them.

Who's to say you still can't do that? That game modes were and still are completely separate

11 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

10 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Was a fun mode ruined by people with issues with power, some kind of "mafia" and that sort of things.

11 hours ago, nickelshark said:

We don't need to go through that again.

They were dark times.

It's crazy how you guys always talk about how bad it was but you never bring up any specific examples. Really makes me think.

Edited by (XB1)The Repo Man151

29 minutes ago, _Malware said:

Who's to say you still can't do that? That game modes were and still are completely separate

Old DS taxes the player who doesn’t own the node and we all know this sparks outrage because your effort is basically stolen without your consent. Not to mention some clans put ridiculous taxes if they own the node.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Old DS taxes the player who doesn’t own the node and we all know this sparks outrage because your effort is basically stolen without your consent. Not to mention some clans put ridiculous taxes if they own the node.

Correct. In my previous post I did state the old way was shoddy but dismissing a remastered system gets us nowhere. We should fix things not destroy them. 🙂

• Like 3

The dark sector conflicts (both in their pvp and pve variants) were the most fun I've had in this game. Yes it had it's issues, but they could be ironed out. I've seen plenty of players have ideas of how it could work, all DE need to do is listen.

• Like 1