The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate missions for Kuva Lich Nodes

There's always a mission type you don't want to run, either because you hate the mission type (defection) or because you will fail if your lich shows up (Level 5 radiation lich on a defence mission).

Which makes it harder/annoying to boot then lich off the planet so you can get some new nodes you don't hate.

So I propose being able to tackle any lich node invasion style--which is to say you have to do the node three times to get the reward for kicking the Lich out, but you don't have to do the mission type you detest. In this case, the alt missions could be put on a timer to help with match making, instead of just easily soloable missions. And perhaps each mission would have 2/3'a less thrall spawns.

However! Some fun could even be had with sort of mini heist planning.

To clarify:

Let's say a normal Lich mission we are diving into where the bulk of the Lich's people are in a node, which means their forces are gutted there once we've torn through. (And also why there's no crossfire, that's on the borders.)

But you can do a three mission heist to excise them instead. A capture to grab a person of interest, a spy going off the information provided, and then a saboutage to cripple and drive them out. Or maybe a thrall miniboss?  sort of...we tell ourselves a micro story?

I am all in for helping players but this is dumb, no offense, handholding at its best.

Watch the nodes, decide waht you do and what not and not unnecesarrly level your lich  if you fear for such outcomes, the 10x more murmurs you do with one node simply, you only safe like 5 minutes with finishing your lich, regardless what others say.

Do thralls, frist murmur unlocked try it, do thralls again for the second and repeat, gets your lich at best only to 3-4.

Still having trouble, ask friends or recruit if node not finds other players.

I do agree on real Kuva Lich missions tho, they should be more connected anyway, do spy and get murmurs from hacking, capture target, more murmurs, etc, Not just thrall hunting and objectives get ingored.

I would be fine with special missions for when you finally crack the code. A sortie like assassination mission that has a 100% chance of spawning that lich, or make him wait in a special arena. But as a tradeoff for fightning at his turf player will be either debuffed or lich will have additional spawns at higher levels or buffs or anything.

i have thought about some special, rarer and harder missions that upon finishing would grand a higher deposit of murmurs.  Maybe some random side quests during missions, like: "hey capture this dude, or crack this vault" for additional rewards

Anything to break that monotony of randomly choosing some missions in a starchart and hoping a lich will spawn.