Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U10 Melee Mod Broken?

Rowbut

WARNING: Lengthy Thread ahead

So there where some mods released in U10 that where meant to add a new play style focusing on melee.

Now I'm only talking about 1 mod in particular about this but its kinda of a deal breaker for me to have it equipped.

REFLECTION

dFvrjHi.jpg

"Reflects damage back at attacker while blocking"

WOW Holy Lotus! that's amazing, AND it caps out at 96%?!?!?! that's insane!

Now to my dismay it does not do what it says. I don't know if its broken or just wrong description but it does not return the listed damage.

r6QUdAK.jpg

That's the damage being done back to the Grineer. 1 Damage per bullet. now i understand yeah it lvl 1 that seems believable right?

YGHtv2F.jpg?1

Lvl 51 On Ceres

6? Seriously? You're gonna show me 6 damage is what they're doing to my shields and health?

Sorry scratch that 6 is 96% of what they're doing that makes it even better.

Now it does seem to what the % on melee damage from enemies.

ki1DuuU.jpg

But thats the thing, It says "Attackers" Not melee attackers. Now someone might say well thats what they meant right,

2bMIBE7.jpg

It clearly says "melee attacker" So clearly something went wrong here.

I'm just curious is it broken? Was it a mistake? is it a bug? Does it even matter because I've literally not met a single person to ever use it? Some one shed some light on this. pls.

/rant

/:<

Also, Reflection is supposed to be paired with Reflex Guard to make decent blocks. Now, the blocking system is broken as you still get damages. So maybe the 96% are the damages you receive while you block, and they are quite lower than the damages you receive when you don't.

And another issue here is : if you supposed to make a combination between Parry/Reflexion and Reflex Guard, how can you make a viable build with (if you have 4 abilities) only 4 slots left.

I usually use all 3 but i wanted to mess around with Contagion a bit. They don't really make a viable build unless you're not going past earth. More for fun unitl they fix/buff/get rid of it.

You have to keep in mind that the damage you're reflecting on that Grineer is going to be further mitigated because of the armor he has. So if those bullets do x amount of damage to your shields, reflecting 96% of X to enemy that has a % of damage reduction due to armor, the damage the enemy receives is going to be really low.

The mod is NOT broken. Everything is actually behaving properly. That's why against Sawmen, because they have shields and shields don't have % damage reduction, you do the full amount of the 96% of damage from his melee attack to his shields. You'd get a different value once his shields are gone.

However, there could be compatibility issues with shield and health damage calculations when using the reflective property.This is the first time reflective damage ever existed in this form. So it should be expected for damage calculation to be off.

Edited by Aspari

You have to keep in mind that the damage you're reflecting on that Grineer is going to be further mitigated because of the armor he has. So if those bullets do x amount of damage to your shields, reflecting 96% of X to enemy that has a % of damage reduction due to armor, the damage the enemy receives is going to be really low.

I understand that part is a massive impact on the damage returned. But, How do i take more damage per bullet than they do? I'm using a rank 8 Steel Fibre and Saryn already has a ton of armor to begin with, yet they tear through my health so easily.

Also i Didn't capture an image of it but the damage returned is the exact same thing when it comes to their shields, Doesn't make much sense.

I understand that part is a massive impact on the damage returned. But, How do i take more damage per bullet than they do? I'm using a rank 8 Steel Fibre and Saryn already has a ton of armor to begin with, yet they tear through my health so easily.

Also i Didn't capture an image of it but the damage returned is the exact same thing when it comes to their shields, Doesn't make much sense.

If the mitigation is still the same against their shields like it is their health then that's a compatibility issue with that mod and how damage is calculated. 

Edited by Aspari

Just went and tested it on Corpus, the grineer's armor must be a ton higher than I realized (or they just don't do as much damage) because the numbers from corpus were higher. We're talking consistent double digit+ (I think I saw a 100 something at one point). I didn't do any extensive testing though. Its not that reflection isn't working so much as it seems to just be incredibly bad. They're chewing through my shields and health faster than I can put them down. 

FYI: The only reason that enemy is as damaged as it is is because my carrier couldn't resist trying to kill everything in the area.

57RDoZt.jpg

TScxNL1.jpg

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Didn't feel like editing my last post...

If reflection is supposed to be reflecting 96% of the damage, why am I still dying so quickly? There is no way it is reflecting that much damage considering both how long it takes them to kill themselves and how quickly they kill me. Reflect would imply that I'd be taking less damage as far as I'm aware.

Just went and tested it on Corpus, the grineer's armor must be a ton higher than I realized (or they just don't do as much damage) because the numbers from corpus were higher. We're talking consistent double digit+ (I think I saw a 100 something at one point). I didn't do any extensive testing though. Its not that reflection isn't working so much as it seems to just be incredibly bad. They're chewing through my shields and health faster than I can put them down. 

FYI: The only reason that enemy is as damaged as it is is because my carrier couldn't resist trying to kill everything in the area.

57RDoZt.jpg

TScxNL1.jpg

Thanks for that, I've actually never used it against corpus. Hoping maybe the mod will be better once Armor 2.0 kicks in.

You know you are fighting the wrong enemy for that mod why not try the Corpus instead? They don't have that much armor and they receive almost the same dmg too

Blocking shouldn't be enemy specific to be viable, It's blocking for crying out loud.

Blocking shouldn't be enemy specific to be viable, It's blocking for crying out loud.

no no you did not understand i meant that the damage that mod reflected was largely ifluenced by the Heavy Armor Grineer use so it is normal to see low damage on the grineer while the corpus don't have that much armor on them