The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Action Gameplay] Improving Warframe's Challenge and Overall Game, What To Do with 2.0 Parkour & classic 1.0 Parkour, or A Hybrid of Both (no coptering) (suggestion thread) [ Current Warframe is NOT an Action Game, but just a mod card-deck builder]

L4D3M

I mean, alot of the stuff you can do in warframe most people don't realize you can do.

• Some people don't know that you can 'air-slide' which prevents heavy landings
  • Some people don't know you can air-roll which accelerates you in a direction
  • Some people don't know that you can cancel a melee ground slam
    • So that you rocket towards ground and then transfer that speed into forward momentum
  • Some people don't know that there is still some melee weapon acceleration
    • Although, more limited than 1.0 parkour and more finicky (imo)
  • Some people know all this and more

The point is that when you combine all that there is in warframe there is alot of finesse to the movement system (whether explicitly intended or not).  I really don't see any reason to revert or change the current parkour in game.  All the wall-dash marked surfaces, dash wires, ledges for jumping, etc don't need to be changed/removed either.  They are good for new players who don't yet know everything about how to parkour and serve as a reminder to what we once had to do in missions.

I still see a fair bit of players who'll endlessly bullet jump --> hard land or endlessly sprinting on their way to extraction

I would like to have the old (1.0) wall running, not the actual jump witch have a fixed range that make some time hard to go where we want (and it's less good looking).

It's a bit sad that all tilset are designed for parkour 1.0 and you  pass trough all of it with bullet jump.

If you want to make use of the parkour 1.0 (with the 2.0) I think  it need the animation to be a bit faster (especially the one where you grab platform and jump on it). And have some gameplay advantage like more discretion than other movement, more accuracy penality for enemies etc.

...The topic tile is slowly growing, by the end of the month it will be the size of Rhode Island.

By next month's end it will be the size of Greece.

And in 3 months it will have covered the entire planet.