Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please rotate the Suprema heavy blade TennoGen by 180°

Vespilan

Bia2kqg.jpgThis is the Suprema heavy blade TennoGen skin during a swing animation. It takes the appearence of a greatsword with a handguard. Handguards are usually added to swords to - you guessed it - guard the users hands.

62lQ8Xg.jpgThis is the way it looks in the idle holding position. You can tell it is rotated the wrong way around because the handguard is glitching into the Warframe's hand and does not cover the bands at all. I highly doubt that this is intended as it is displayed differently in the one picture where you see a Warframe hold the sword on the TennoGen's Steam workshop page
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1896664300

I know it might seem like a nitpick but, to me, it is highly irritating.

Edited by Vespilan
  • Like 8

I'm pretty sure most heavy swords are the wrong way round (or at least they seem to be), iirc there was a 'bug' introduced ages ago that has never been fixed, so it's likely more down to that bug than the skin itself.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm pretty sure most heavy swords are the wrong way round (or at least they seem to be), iirc there was a 'bug' introduced ages ago that has never been fixed, so it's likely more down to that bug than the skin itself.

Cannot confirm. The one other heavy blade skin I own seems to be the right way around
QxFwL8s.jpgAnd other heavy blade skins that are not symmetrical face the correct way in the arsenal. All except Suprema.
DHfCoxc.pngigQWU4g.pngCPdzLPT.pngcYE7fmX.png

Edited by Vespilan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vespilan said:

Cannot confirm. The one other heavy blade skin I own seems to be the right way around
And other heavy blade skins that are not symmetrical face the correct way in the arsenal. All except Suprema.

um...  you might want to look at some of those pictures again....

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

um...  you might want to look at some of those pictures again....

The slashing side faces to the left (from our viewpoint) on all heavy blade skins showcased. The Suprema is double edged, but you can see that the handguard faces to the right. The pictures are poorly cropped though, possibly making one think that the Suprema faces the correct direction, but it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Grimm said:

have you seen the deluxe sword skin from nidus pack. it is in your arm. 

Nidus deluxe doesn't have a sword.. ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

The slashing side faces to the left (from our viewpoint) on all heavy blade skins showcased.

take a look again at the chroma deluxe sword...you have two pictures of it...

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

take a look again at the chroma deluxe sword...you have two pictures of it...

Yes the first was in-game and the second was in-arsenal. I deliberately used that to show that if a weapon is facing the right direction, its facing left in the arsenal and forwards in hand.

Edited by Vespilan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vespilan said:

Yes the first was in-game and the second was in-arsenal. I deliberately used that to show that if a weapon is facing the right direction, its facing left in the arsenal and forwards in hand.

they're the opposite way to one another with the warframes facing in the same direction...

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

they're the opposite way to one another with the warframes facing in the same direction...

I think you're misunderstanding here, and please don't take my explanation as condescension because it's really to try and clear things up, and nothing more.

When in the idle position (in-game), the blade is shown facing to the right
When in blocking position (arsenal), the blade is shown facing to the left

The Dynasty sword fulfills both in that regards: first pic shows it facing to the right when ingame (correct), and facing to the left when blocking in the arsenal (correct).

The Suprema, however, shows the opposite because the GUARD should be the opposite of the "cutting edge." But what we're shown here is:
The GUARD is facing the left <-- when in idle position (in-game), meaning the cutting edge is facing to the left (incorrect)
The GUARD is facing to the right when in blocking position (arsenal), meaning the cutting edge is facing to the right (incorrect)

MKeBw9g.png

pSSBaRs.png

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Casardis said:

I think you're misunderstanding here, and please don't take my explanation as condescension because it's really to try and clear things up, and nothing more.

And I think you might be misunderstanding too...

There is a 'bug' where they are shown rotated the wrong way (essentially models been flipped), been here for ages now because most swords were pointing the other way before it started (I've been here long enough to remember it before that)...  that could be part or all of the issue. 

The person designing the sword will have designed it to fit the original profile of the weapon as set out by DE, if the weapon is flipped due to the bug, said skin will also be flipped and causing the issue you have. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And I think you might be misunderstanding too...

Ah I gotcha, my bad. I've been here since 2013, so I think I know what you're talking about! It's so weird that they would change it... And yeah it could somehow be linked altogether, and like you said, if the person who did the Tennogen somehow made a mistake (or DE themselves did), then it's now "reflipped" in a sense (IIRC, the main model used for Heavy Blades is the Galatine, which is symmetrical, so I wonder if that could be a factor).

All this to say is that, even all swords are now flipped for ages, there's at least a consistency: when idle, they edge is facing to the right, and when blocking, it faces to the left. Whether that's a mistake\bug\oversight or not, we cannot know for sure, but one thing is: it's currently consistent.

Following that current "consistency," the Suprema is inconsistent in regards to it, so the feedback still stands and works, despite the points above.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Ah I gotcha, my bad. I've been here since 2013, so I think I know what you're talking about! It's so weird that they would change it... And yeah it could somehow be linked altogether, and like you said, if the person who did the Tennogen somehow made a mistake (or DE themselves did), then it's now "reflipped" in a sense (IIRC, the main model used for Heavy Blades is the Galatine, which is symmetrical, so I wonder if that could be a factor).

All this to say is that, even all swords are now flipped for ages, there's at least a consistency: when idle, they edge is facing to the right, and when blocking, it faces to the left. Whether that's a mistake\bug\oversight or not, we cannot know for sure, but one thing is: it's currently consistent.

Following that current "consistency," the Suprema is inconsistent in regards to it, so the feedback still stands and works, despite the points above.

The tennogen artist might have taken it on themselves to 'fix' the bug where they're flipped and caused the resulting issue.. who knows with the 3D work in game... I could spend hours picking listing all the clipping issues with the 3D models lol

41 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Aren't they able to rotate this by item? Asking because IIRC there's some polearms that are "sided" when they shouldn't right?

They should be. The polearm skin you're thinking of is most likely the Lympharis skin.

54 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I could spend hours picking listing all the clipping issues with the 3D models lol

P...Please don't. It will only make me cry.

Edited by Casardis

1 minute ago, Casardis said:

They should be. The polearm skin you're thinking of is most likely the Lympharis skin.

No no, I think I was thinking of Tonbo, where the blade is looking at the side and not like you'd expect. Maybe Guandao too, haven't checked it in ages.

On 2020-05-08 at 12:16 AM, Casardis said:

I do wonder what @HitsuSan, the creator, thinks of this though. Considering it's their creation, I'm sure they could give their input.

I've reported this thing to @[DE]Taylor on day1 of it's release and i've been told it's a long running bug and they were working on a fix. Now i don't really know what this bug is about or if they've found a good solution for it but i could ask them to flip it if you want. 

Here's a doubt i have, have you guys tried the skin on all the heavy swords to see in which direction the guard is pointing? If it's dependent on the base sword i can say for sure the problem is the direction of the pivot point on the 3d model and it should be an easy fix... unless it's another mental case like zaw's stats injected inside their 3d model (weird things that can happen when you're actively evolving a game for so long).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

Here's a doubt i have, have you guys tried the skin on all the heavy swords to see in which direction the guard is pointing?

Thank you for your response! Feels a bit like having a little celebrity to chat with 😉

I have tested the skin on all heavy-blade type melees I own which are Paracesis, Galatine Prime, Gram Prime, Scindo Prime, Zenistar and a Dokrahm zaw. Same results as in the OP across all of them. The other skins all look normal, as they are supposed to, so flipping the model may solve the problem?

• Like 1

15 часов назад, HitsuSan сказал:

I've reported this thing to @[DE]Taylor on day1 of it's release and i've been told it's a long running bug and they were working on a fix. Now i don't really know what this bug is about or if they've found a good solution for it but i could ask them to flip it if you want. 

Here's a doubt i have, have you guys tried the skin on all the heavy swords to see in which direction the guard is pointing? If it's dependent on the base sword i can say for sure the problem is the direction of the pivot point on the 3d model and it should be an easy fix... unless it's another mental case like zaw's stats injected inside their 3d model (weird things that can happen when you're actively evolving a game for so long).

Honestly I don't think it's an accidential bug, becaue even in promo picture for consoles, only Suprema is facing wrong way. Looks more like someone at DE doesn't understand design of this great sword and ruined everything. 675bdc5a29e2852d7947dbca9fdf28ef.png

Edited by Kiboune

17 hours ago, Vespilan said:

Thank you for your response! Feels a bit like having a little celebrity to chat with 😉

I have tested the skin on all heavy-blade type melees I own which are Paracesis, Galatine Prime, Gram Prime, Scindo Prime, Zenistar and a Dokrahm zaw. Same results as in the OP across all of them. The other skins all look normal, as they are supposed to, so flipping the model may solve the problem?

Lol no need to thank me 🙂  I'm the one who needs to thank you all for making me notice this kind of things!

2 hours ago, Kiboune said:

Honestly I don't think it's an accidential bug, becaue even in promo picture for consoles, only Suprema is facing wrong way. Looks more like someone at DE doesn't understand design of this great sword and ruined everything. 675bdc5a29e2852d7947dbca9fdf28ef.png

Alright, i'm submitting a ticket to flip the sword right now 🙂 

• Like 4