Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for the man in the wall?

Does anyone got a few ideas for wally that you think the dev's should add? Honestly, I really think that he should be able to pop up in missions, following you, and hanging out in spots where he could be really creepy. What if he popped up in the plains or Orb Vallis? It would also be neat if, whenever he gets another shot at spooking us, he took control of one our frames or start like, flickering the lights. What do y'all think? Also, if you got any good pics, show those off to if ya want.

I'd actually prefer some lights flickering when Wally appears, that'd make him easier to notice. I usually move quickly in my orbiter, and by the time I hear the "Hey, kiddo!", and go back searching for him, he's nowhere to be found.

If he appeared in opens worlds, you'd face the same problem. Picture Wally waiting for you behind a rock to jump scare you, but you're dashing away so quickly on your K-Dive he hasn't any chance to make a sound. I can only imagine this working if these encounters were more scripted, like you catch a fish and he sands right behind you! 😱

• Like 1

Yesterday I was looking at an old interview made to the creators of Amnesia, where they explained how they came up with the 'sanity' mechanic of the game. Maybe that would be an interesting way of turning wally into an actual game mechanic here. For example, making certain actions in the game could cause our mind to become unstable, generating increasingly bigger effects; things like seeing wally more frequently, having creepy visions/hallucinations during missions, hearing (him/her/it?) whispering to us, and eventually making (him/her/it?) appear like an assassination squad, attacking us with shadow mobs or something like that.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 3

Avoid having him be the main antagonist. Keep him in the shadows - maybe a couple of major plays here and there like Chimera Prologue, but we never directly fight him.

As soon as Cthulu has a health bar, the fear of Cthulu diminishes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

That's probably what the sun/moon alignment is supposed to do if they ever flesh it out more. 

I was thinking of something a bit on a short term, like the amount of 'aggro' required to make the stalker come out to get you, something that could be easy to trigger and reset; but yeah, maybe the alignment could have something to do with that.

I listened to a vid a few dsys ago talking about how our void demons are a reflection of the moral choices we made through the story.  It links back to ego and physiology.

To accept reality for what it is. To reject reality and retreat into a bubble. Or to react to reality and act out. Emotion vs logic.

Perhaps in the end the more evil choices we make thr mores powerful the void demon gets and thus the more the tenno are consumed by the void.

Or the shadow as the video called it.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

As soon as Cthulu has a health bar, the fear of Cthulu diminishes

What if he didn't have one, and just messes with your mind making you feel like you are not ever safe, no matter how many weapons that are capable of genocide you have, or how intimidating or fearsome you look, there is something that will forever be able to reach out and bring out fear within you.

Edited by (XB1)Leafrider8

7 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

Yesterday I was looking at an old interview made to the creators of Amnesia, where they explained how they came up with the 'sanity' mechanic of the game. Maybe that would be an interesting way of turning wally into an actual game mechanic here. For example, making certain actions in the game could cause our mind to become unstable, generating increasingly bigger effects; things like seeing wally more frequently, having creepy visions/hallucinations during missions, hearing (him/her/it?) whispering to us, and eventually making (him/her/it?) appear like an assassination squad, attacking us with shadow mobs or something like that.

That would be very interesting. 

I am starting to put emotional and psychological effects into my fanfic / gameplay logs and it matches the tone of the main quests very well. Make the Operator as a person instead of just a kid playing the future version of Call of Duty with teleoperated Terminators. 

• Like 2

Would be cool, but not really make much sense if he turns out to be what I think he is.

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

check this video out.

I've been talking with Siege for months specifically about wally, kuva and related ideas, and I'm really happy to see him having put those contemplation in video form. I know its kinda selfish, but when you work on a theory for years yet almost none of the loretubers ever care to venture outside of established community beliefs, it's super refreshing to see someone actually do it.