Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Isn't Tether a bit .. OP?

Vit0Corleone

I know, unpopular opinion.

And I don't want to ruin anyone's game play, but siting in one place barely doing nothing and killing everything seems a bit too much?

I mean, what's even the point of build up your Railjack when you can do this with a bare bones setup with Tether that you can get in early Saturn, or buy for 20p, not even moving?

Not saying that things like this shouldn't exist, we have them on the game ofc, but typically involves some kind of active game play. This seems the typical press 4 to win.

All those fighters might as well not exist, as they aren't really doing anything there.

* hides under the table from the angry mob *

Edited by Vit0Corleone
typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Oh yes. But they require you to do something.

This one is as lazy as it can be.

have you tried seeker volley? you dont have to aim even.

p.s. love seeker volley imo its the coolest ability in any spaceship game i played 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, akrid45 said:

lol asking the warframe community to agree to nerf a braindead ability, weapon or mechanic is like trying to convince a astronaut that the earth is flat. You're just wasting your time 

Not trying to convince anyone. I merely asked out of curiosity, if this style of "not-really-playing" playing is something people find enjoyable.

Also definitely not asking for anything to be nerfed. If people like playing like this, all power to them, as long as they are having fun I'm fine with it.

Oh tether is good now? I guess that's what I will replace particle ram with. 

No! You must individually shoot all 70 or whatever attack crafts until they are destroyed. Why would anyone think it's acceptable to want to move things along the 100some-odd time they've played the exact same mission?

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Oh tether is good now? I guess that's what I will replace particle ram with. 

No! You must individually shoot all 70 or whatever attack crafts until they are destroyed. Why would anyone think it's acceptable to want to move things along the 100some-odd time they've played the exact same mission?

Should they just remove the fighters entirely then? I mean, they aren't really doing anything there.

Maybe even have a special button in the UI "Win mission, collect loot and come back to Dojo". That would do the trick 😛

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Should they just remove the fighters entirely then? I mean, they aren't really doing anything there.

Maybe even have a special button in the UI "Win mission, collect loot and come back to Dojo". That would do the trick 😛

Yes speeding up the dogfight is exactly the same as having all the rewards handed to you without a mission.

I've heard people are abusing the forward artillery to kill crewships! Neeeerf?

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

have you tried seeker volley? you dont have to aim even.

p.s. love seeker volley imo its the coolest ability in any spaceship game i played 

Seeker Volley doesn't kill in the Veil (or at least not against multiple fighters, its damage divides based on number of targets), can be evaded by some fighters and it also costs four times as much to use.

From what I can see here, Tether is cheaper, doesn't divide damage up, and is guaranteed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yes speeding up the dogfight is exactly the same as having all the rewards handed to you without a mission.

I've heard people are abusing the forward artillery to kill crewships! Neeeerf?

It's not about speeding up the fight, it's about not actively playing.

And I'm not sure why are you mad. Maybe you missed the part where I'm not asking for nerfs or whatnot, and just asking out of curiosity how people feel about this?

Forward artillery has always been able to one shot crew ships since Railjack first released. Even if on the hardest nodes you would have to first debuff with your cannons. This is basically doing what it's supposed to do ( considering it's a BFG ). In fact, one could argue that a BFG that on a Tennocon demo was able to destroy a capital ship, should be able to one shot a crew ship always 🙂

• Like 2

Fighters are so easy to kill with any ability so not really op. It’s just crewships that you have to actively fight.

all I do in RJ is ignore the fighters leave partial ram on kill all the crew ships and then deal with what ever fighters have not killed them selfs to the ram yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I mean, what's even the point of build up your Railjack when you can do this with a bare bones setup with Tether that you can get in early Saturn, or buy for 20p, not even moving?

I can understand your curiosity because it almost feels like you don't really need to do much to complete stuff, or most of the stuff.

I had an opposite experience just a few hours ago. Decided to just join a pub run and not pilot a railjack for awhile. In one of the runs, and this was in one of the Veil anomaly, the pilot had zero battle avionics installed. He was manually shooting off 70+ enemy fighters. It was painfully long. So for the battle avionics that do crowd control, I kind of appreciate them more now.

1 minute ago, Jemmies said:

So for the battle avionics that do crowd control, I kind of appreciate them more now.

Me too. I also have tons of fun blowing up spawns, but I do that while actively playing around.

But this one .. just feels awkward, because you don't have to do anything. On that video, I didn't even move from where I initially spawned. It was .. move mouse cursor a bit to the right, press 2, shoot. Move a bit to the left, press 2 shoot... repeat.. done.

It's just not a play style I find enjoyable. "Profitable"? for sure. Enjoyable, not so much. But of course, YMMV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

I can hear DE wiping the nerf hammer in the distance

I hope that doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

It's just not a play style I find enjoyable.

For sure. I mean, everyone has their preferred playing style. For me, I like to use something cheap and fast for Earth and Saturn to help new players collect materials or complete nodes.

The problem with that is I have to start a node solo. And if no one hops onboard, I find myself in the interesting situation of running back and forth between the pilot and gunner seats to clear the crewships. Which, in itself, is quite funny sometimes coz I'm not quite familiar with how they fly and a few times they just decided to go outside of my cannon's window.

1 minute ago, Jemmies said:

I find myself in the interesting situation of running back and forth between the pilot and gunner seats to clear the crewships. Which, in itself, is quite funny sometimes coz I'm not quite familiar with how they fly and a few times they just decided to go outside of my cannon's window.

A simple trick that almost always works for me, is just to set a considerable distance between you and them.

Not only they won't be be able to go out of sight, but also the next crew ships will typically spawn on your sight.

I usually do this when solo, so I can blow 5 at once without leaving artillery position.

I support fragmenting this power but not the nerf

we need to have a sacrifice to reach that power, it must be fragmented by the entire system of planets and specialized farms such as terralyst, something similar to the valence system, and not simply have a beginner account, equip a slot and some mods

Edited by Famecans

I just ran Ruse War Field. Tether is not as overpowered as it looks. It wasn't able to one-shot the enemy fighters there.

But then again, there is a good chance that my railjack was not optimised dish out damage.

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

It's not about speeding up the fight, it's about not actively playing.

Then don't use it, let people who like it use it & that's it, stop calling for a nerf everytime something remotely interesting comes up

• Like 4