The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Isn't Tether a bit .. OP?

Vit0Corleone

Tether does the damage of void in 10 secs seemingly instant and its field range is higher, only limit is it can only tether up to 10 target, which is not a limit as the number of fighters in waves is not that much, you'll nuke each wave before the other.

You can clear gia point in 3-5 mins with it, you don't even use your guns (you won't have time to either if the pilot knows what he's doing).

It's much easier and cheaper to use(and acquire) than Void Hole, and it nukes on its own. Anyone who's used it knows how strong it is.

14 minutes ago, Licandrien said:

Tether does the damage of void in 10 secs seemingly instant and its field range is higher, only limit is it can only tether up to 10 target, which is not a limit as the number of fighters in waves is not that much, you'll nuke each wave before the other.

You can clear gia point in 3-5 mins with it, you don't even use your guns (you won't have time to either if the pilot knows what he's doing).

It's much easier and cheaper to use(and acquire) than Void Hole, and it nukes on its own. Anyone who's used it knows how strong it is.

After learning to use it effectively, it's very important to hit the traveling Tether orb (with your turrets) the moment it tethers numerous fighters. If you don't do this, it will release the fighters and continue to travel and won't do any damage to anything.

While It does make quick work of Gian Point. It does not work this quickly on, for example, Ruse War Field. A fighter in Ruse War Field may need as many as 3 Tethers to be killed.

• Like 1

You heretic, how dare you nominate the concept of balance! How dare you utter the concept of playing the game, when abilities can do it for us! Those things are forbidden here! We don't want to play, we just want to see big numbers and dead enemies in the blandest, least engaging way possible, to feed our god complex! 

I think it may be bugged.  When you play as client on host ship, it barely does any damage.  

But if that is the bug, the client not doing damage, and it's supposed to be powerful, I'd say it is not the ability but the ships that got weak. 

Tether only seems strong now because enemies got nerfed.  Nope, not nerf, they got neutered.  

The only semi challenge now is going to high level enemy nodes.  The first new nodes are to easy now.  Even then, the high nodes are not that bad either.  

On 2020-05-07 at 6:25 PM, Vit0Corleone said:

You're just trolling me aren't you?

Trolling aside and actually getting back on topic, it would probably make sense for Tether to gain damage based on the number of enemies entangled, with it dealing less damage until you get closer to the enemy cap.

Wouldn't really change how the Avionic works, but now spamming it isn't as incentivized and it'll only be strong with massive groups of fighters, forcing you to use other Avionics or weapons on top of it. Now it has more clear strengths and weaknesses and can't do everything on it's own. Maybe even throw all of that out the window and have it be more of a combo Avionic, with it keeping enemies in place and increasing the damage they take from all sources, it'd be a nice addition to Seeker Volley.

So yeah, I feel it needs to be toned down. It's quite cheap for how effective it is, especially against other Avionics in its category like Shatter Burst or Particle Ram.

On 2020-05-07 at 2:33 PM, Oggyswe said:

p.s. love seeker volley imo its the coolest ability in any spaceship game i played 

Ditto. I sometimes shoot it off when nothing is around just to listen to it and see all the sparklies. I use it all the time on Earth just because it is so hilariously awesome feeling.

17 hours ago, nslay said:

After learning to use it effectively, it's very important to hit the traveling Tether orb (with your turrets) the moment it tethers numerous fighters. If you don't do this, it will release the fighters and continue to travel and won't do any damage to anything.

While It does make quick work of Gian Point. It does not work this quickly on, for example, Ruse War Field. A fighter in Ruse War Field may need as many as 3 Tethers to be killed.

You're right, after testing some more and depending on whether they will add more missions or enemies to rail jack, tether although strong in clearing trash, is not the best setup for "endgame" (I prefer particle ram and switch them out) and when they add more content it will be overshadowed and only used to clear lower level missions. So just like warframes and weapons we have ones fast at clearing masses of enemies but not the best at higher level.

A nerf at this time would be premature I think, unless they want to nerf its farming capability.