Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams (May 8)

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for all the hard work like always, DE!

Any chance you could take another look at stagger on Operator amps? The stagger is annoying when I shoot an enemy and the range feels way too big.  We also can't negate the stagger with stagger reduction mods because Operators and amps have no mods.  Unless you put it on an arcane, we're forced to suffer and stagger around after we shoot an enemy across the room.

Also, is Valkyr deluxe coming soon and can we expect Prime Railjack ships in the future as part of Prime Access?

1 hour ago, Wrathz0 said:

There will be more Kuva weapons and I think Steve did say awhile back that the next "open world" was infested. Baro will have new things as well just gotta wait.

Also DE when can we expect Glassmaker/Deadlock and Protea? When can we also expect a revisit of older game modes to better rewards EX: Survival to have better rewards for longer runs and im not saying like giving Endo but nice rewards like some rare mods, or depending on the mission lvl or area to drop Arcanes of Bronze~Silver quality or Rare/wanted relics? 

that was exactly one of my questions for scaling rewards

Thankyou got all the hard work guys its not easy making something and trying to make most of the game community happy most of the time. 

Looking forward to seeing it.

Btw I'm kinda newish to the game by some peoples standards and there is one thing that confuses me. Why are primes so similar. The tiny stat increase is okish but why not an increase in mod slots or something making it something u feel more urgent or at least add it leave it locked and make a quest or something that unlocks ur hidden potential. 

I'd like to know where the pet changes you promised us in March are. Yes I know it's been harder to get things done lately, but can we at least get an update on where you are on them please. Stay home and stay safe.

Very nice - excited to see the dev stream and get the news!

Remember to turn off all of discords auto-sound-adjustments which may well be competing with one-another and making audio hard to manage:

• Echo Cancellation
  • Noise Reduction
  • Automatic Gain Control

Also consider turning off, or lowering the "attenuation" setting that lowers the sounds from the computer when others are speaking.

Hope this helps!

Regarding "hard mode", I know it's in early stages and what was shown was probably just a temporary implementation of the idea, but instead of adding the "extra click" upon clicking on the node, it might be better to have some kind of universal toggle somewhere on screen to put all the nodes in the chart at a given difficulty level.

With the closer implementation of the hard mode on nodes and such we really need the star chart to get some more love.  Some of the stacking that can happen on one node is just massive and just keeps having more and more things layered on top of it is going to make it less and less fun/easy to use the navigation window.

Also do we really need every node to have a hard mode, would a hard mode capture, or exterminate really add anything/fill a hole people want.  While not having a ton of selections if Dark sectors were were the difficulty could ramp up that would be make more sense just need to change it from always being infested units.  Maybe we could get a dark sector rework as part of the difficulty increase rather than adding more clutter to all of the star chart.

11 hours ago, SlomoSapien said:

Controller options for the RJ abilities too?!

I might just be missing the bindings.  It allows for an option to cycle through the abilities, but not a button to activate them?

I've got the right bumper on my controller set to 'Use selected ability' instead of what it defaults to, and use left/right on the d-pad to switch abilities. This works as both normal warframe and railjack.

Oh no!!!!  I was super pumped 4 the Duviri Paradox!!  I am super bummed it got pushed but I totally understand.  Not having mocap really grinds things to a halt?   Isnt it just one person prancing around in a leotard and someone else filming it ? lol.  I think that probably happens at Geoff's house anyways....  

I thought awhile back I saw wher ethey had radically improved mocap tech so they could just record body movements without the balls and stuff.  Like they were going to start using it to let you record stuff with a video game console camera and put it into the games....   

George and the rest of sound team seem like another key part of design,  How hard has it been for them to work on stuff without that immedeate feedback or not having the tools at the office??  How goes construction of the new sound team area of DE??  

----------------

I LOVE the join any crew button for Railjack.  I've wanted something like that so I could join newbs on their ships and help them with my awesomeness.  Railjack phase 2 sounds great.  Everyone wants command intrinsics.  I would love to see reworked ranksfor the rest of intrinsics.  There is ALOT of idea's floating around to make all the intrinsics better so I hope Scott asks for idea's or asks for feedback on his.   The biggest freaking disappointments for me is rank 8's being about archwings.  And Rank 10's not really blowing your socks off.  People like engineer 10 but fire supression is just as good.   Gun 10 should have been perma auto-aim or short auto aim window + some other effect like no heat or double crit chance.

But seriously....I dont really give a crap about RJ until we get a permission system so rando's cant screw me over.   Not only in normal railjack but they also screwed me over in Scarlet Spear - Space.   Why should I be forced to try and have a conversation with every single rando that ever comes on my ship on how to behave and work as a team???  Just give us permission so we can force teamwork behavior.  

-----------------------

I think we needed a few other chat tabs waaaay more than a Q&A one.   We need a Relic chat,  Murmur Chat,  Event chat,  Eidolon Chat......

When I first joined I didnt want ANY chat channels.  I just wanted to experience the game and NOT see dumb random crap blocking out a quarter of my screen.  I had to make my own clan before that went away (unless you shut off all the chat tabs).   

I think everyone should just have a blank tab as the first.  You could have a combat log in options that you could turn on/off that would feed into that tab.  

Newbs dont know what tabs they are in lol.   I see most actual questions being asked in trade chat on ps4.   Recruit chat has a whole lot of crys for help with missions but no real questions.    What would be killer is if the newb tab was a search bar....that only references the wiki and youtube.  Like a newbie could type into their in-game chat "How do I gain mastery".   And then the chat tab would post links to youtube videos or wiki pages pertaining to that stuff.   That would be awesome for all levels of players.   

---------------------

Garuda and Khora were god awful hideous designs.....  How is Gara deluxe coming along???  I have been waiting on her for months/since you showed her!!! I dont see any mention of her for 27.4 update.  

--------------------------------

Will the lack of mocap kill progress on rolling out corpus railjack and corpus liches ??  

If you want some idea's for content filler.  I suggest a total redo of plains of eidolon map.  Make it as massive as OV.  10x the trees.   You could rework bounties to be more organic and have better objectives.  You could rework conservation so its more organic, and add some more animals.   Maybe work on a new infested open world map.  

Could rework relics a little bit.  Make it so we dont need 3 other people who want the same thing.  You can just run with 3 other rando's and they would count as having your relic.  Also relic hunting has a really nasty issue of when the host bails everyone else gets screwed out of picking relics because of host migration/timer.  

You could drastically improve QoL on consoles and PC's who use controllers by letting us assign gear wheel slots to ABILITY MENU buttons.  R1+ ????? = gear wheel slot X

Great Stream guys, love seeing you all. And I do believe it's early to stop with the working from home routine. Please don't stop just because you're getting used to the situation.

That said, amongst many exciting things I have to point this up: Adding another game mode will only further increase the gap between what is meta and what isn't, doesn't really address balance, if anything, it makes it worse.

I want challenge, THROUGH BALANCE. Nerf player aoe, dmg, nuke, speed, mob etc... LEVEL the game. Adding 'another-new-endgame-mode' will make as much of a difference as Sorties, arbitrations, Onslaught mode... (these game modes only empowered meta)... honestly it's discouraging to even have to address this again and again...

9 hours ago, ZealousJayhawk said:

Just one question. When is the Glassmaker and Deadlock Protocol with Protea coming? Any ETA?

Glassmaker comes 17th May. Not sure yet on the excact date on the Deadlock Protocol.

why... would higher Difficulty Tiers take the base Level of the Mission into account at all? that's just making things inconsistent, man.

why not make it simple and have Tier 2 be Lv50 (or 60), Tier 3 Lv100. so every Mission has the same amount of Level Scaling applied across the board. part of why this is important is so that Players can play where and what they want without having to worry about literally being unable to get the Rewards they're looking for in certain places and ergo blocking them from playing in those areas.

>.>

I might be missing something crucial, but I fail to see the long-term incentive to keep playing on hard mode. I have millions of resources. I might switch to hard mode after clearing it only for two reasons right now. Having higher enemies to level faster (if it turns out to be better than ESO) and if you introduce a new resource - maybe for mutagen samples as I lack in that department since I never play derelict missions. Is Kuva affected by this?

Also in general: up to level 150 enemies (Sedna on ultra hard) are not hard. Enemy levels mean little. Difficulty in this game would be way better generated through enemy squad composition, enemy AI and objective alterations; in combination with higher levels. Also something to consider to think about is, if the game ever becomes hard,  how rewards are handled in the future. Leaving a 30 minutes+ mission with nothing would seem like an outdated design at that point. Arbitrations already kind of touch on this by letting you keep rotation rewards if you die.

As it stands and was described hard mode will be more relevant to middle-ish game players who lack the arsenal variety yet and still benefit from the boosted resources. A veteran will clear it once for the unique rewards and then have no reason other than "because I can" and what I mentioned above to play it. I think hard mode should make a veteran want to constantly play on it otherwise I see this entire thing - with the current information given - become rather barren pretty quickly.

And for the love of god, don't give us more sigils as rewards. I'd much rather get an amazing looking regalia at this point. The - subjectively - only decent looking ones are the two raid ones.

A hard mode sounds great, but i would suggest it has gating restriction, for entry, these should be all quests completed and arbitration therefore encourage new players to complete the game and storyline first also a MR lock of 14 or top mastery weapon unlock which evers greatest, this is to prevent a carried player rushing the star map and then being overwhelemed but hard mode, its supposed to be hard not new player friendly. Rewards veterans Don't really need more resources the base game is there for that and would give veterans a reason to play with newer players, instead hard mode could give the now rare rewards at 10% drop chance (sub 2% drop chance reward in normal mode) and umbra forma, or if it was a fissure a 30% chance at rare 15% at uncommon and 5% at common without needing void traces. There should be no penalty mechanics in hard mode that is a thing players complain about in arbitration, ESO, and index, instead add lyches, stalker (beefed up), night wave bosses and suds, etc. Hard mod can be the place to link everything together with spoiling new player enjoyment of the storyline

Archived