Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

Just a base +50 and +100 from the get go to enemy levels is something I've been wanting and asking for since Arbitrations came out. And you are also working around/tuning the obvious necessity to offer better rewards and XP acquisition speed that go along with higher difficulty. Sure, no numbers with regards to what reward scaling will be, but just +50 and +100 at core enemy level without having to invest an hour is wonderful.

So thank you, DE. No buts. No reservations. No doubts. Just thank you. I am very happy about this!

PS: For those who didn't/don't want this citing "segregation concerns", you have nothing to worry about unless you happen to believe most players actually want to play at higher levels, which is incompatible with the concept of those wanting a higher challenge being a vocal minority. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 47

Actually have hope for this. Just hoping DE ignores ALL feedback of it being "to difficult". Can't handle it? Get stronger then play it. Not everything in game has to be playable by everyone on day 1.

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

"segregation concerns"

I still don't get it why is this even a concern.

I mean, we're talking about the regular star chart nodes.

Is there even a reason why an experienced player would bother going to do, say, a regular extermination in Mars?

• Like 14

I understand the fear that its gonna be toned down but honestly it would be the perfect time to tell endgame player "Here is what you've been asking for take it we wont touch it"

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Is there even a reason why an experienced player would bother going to do, say, a regular extermination in Mars?

Gardening for Nightwave. Apothics don't make themselves ya know. Tho I very much consider it a solo affair. Just me, Saryn, and dead Grineer. Well the flowers of course as well. 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, HexOmega111x said:

Damn, I already see it happening. DE should have the guts to label that mode with a "casuals not allowed".

Why the hell would anyone complain about this? If anyone doesnt want to run in hard mode, then just dont.

• Like 2

In regards to the 'hardmode' mentioned on the latest Home Devstream.  (This was added to help clear up what the thread was talking about).

Could you perhaps create an optional matchmaking where players basically choose 'hardmode' but the actual node isn't chosen until you have 4 players or perhaps the node is even chosen at random.  This might help with the spreading the player-base across the entire star chart twice. (Something akin to world of tanks style matchmaking?)

Since the players are all choosing the same kind of level, you could perhaps even split it up to mission type, or enemy type?

This would help with the lower population at certain times/zones.

Just a thought.

Atrak

Edited by Atrak8
Added in the first line to help clarify the thread's purpose.

8 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I still don't get it why is this even a concern.

I mean, we're talking about the regular star chart nodes.

It was never a real problem. Some of them were just looking to shut down the argument because the implications of a higher difficulty include higher effort for likely exclusive rewards. 

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

really DE again just increasing enemy levels = more challenging? 

Honestly u have so many different enemy types u could add into the missions to make it more challenging like the ghouls or rathuum enemies or index enemies abilities etc.. and yet you once again go back to just increasing enemy level and calling it a day. 

Even adding some modifiers like for example enemies throwing nades a lot more frequent and do more damage or something to make things more interesting would be nice but nope.  

these are basically kuva lich missions without the lich 

i really hope i'm wrong and that there is something different than just increasing enemy level when the mode comes out but if not then i'm pretty disappointed 

don't get me wrong i already know that challenge in warframe is a lost cause but them doing this just shows that they aren't listening and just doing the same old mistakes

don't get me wrong it's a step in the right direction but u would think they would have learned by now that just increasing enemy level isn't enough 

Edited by akrid45
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Mos-Eisley said:

Why the hell would anyone complain about this? If anyone doesnt want to run in hard mode, then just dont.

Its the forums. If it can be complained about, it will be. Kinda like a certain space port full of scum and villainy.

• Like 1