Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

lvl 100+ disruption tho(if anyone would even care doing these LOL)... I shouldve builded redeemer prime on my second acc LOL

honestly i can see this flop de sucks at making a thing both difficult and rewarding/fun at the same time.

But i still hope it would have at least som thought into it.

1 hour ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

From what I heard on the stream, you just have to beat a mission node on hard in order to unlock ultra-hard on that node. Though everything is subject to change, so we should wait. 

They did also say if you complete a planet/region on hard or ultra hard, that they are looking to reward players with a trophy decoration or something else. 

Chaces are you may get a special reward for completing the whole start chart on hard and ultra hard too. 

I don't want to have to beat hard mode at all.  I want to go directly to ultra hard mode.

Theres no point in playing hard mode when a level 5 or 55 Lancer on earth literally makes no difference to my weapons, even a lvl 105 is another bullet or two or one extra swipe from melee.

I just want the freedom to choose ultra hard from the start

Hard mode and ultra hard mode should be locked with no taxi so we dont get mr1 players dying in lv100+ missions,

hard mode should have high eximus spawns for rarer enemies in the game like manics, noxes etc while utra hard mode will have more aggressive AI with vaulted relics as rewards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Dont really care if it was Meso Relics to be honest. I literally only want to not have to wait an hour and a half to have fun in the game. 

Dont queue up for it and you'll be fine lol.

I agree that it's good for us to not have to wait hours on end for higher level game play but personally I just want my time to not be wasted doing they same mission but not having something to work towards

12 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

By saying hard mode, I hope it's smarter enemies with different attack varieties, not just bullet sponges with super high HP

That's most likely exactly what it will be which is why i don't really see anything special about it. Kuva lich mission pretty much already did this 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Hard mode and ultra hard mode should be locked with no taxi so we dont get mr1 players dying in lv100+ missions,

hard mode should have high eximus spawns for rarer enemies in the game like manics, noxes etc while utra hard mode will have more aggressive AI with vaulted relics as rewards.

I assume that HM will be locked behind clearing the start chart, like arbitrations. 

11 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

it was always that way even in the days of raids, it will continue to be that way even after hard come. simulacrum rules everyone's builds now. now they just have a place to really test them out rather than wait 1 hr for lvl 150 enemies to spawn.

Agree 100% that the power creep problem in Warframe will continue now that builds will be designed around 150+ level enemies and new content will be labeled as easy, boring, etc. because people will be running builds designed to kill enemies higher than the top enemies in the content, including the boss.

Best idea ever...absolutely. Or maybe not...

6 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

12 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Yes, everything put out by DE will be run by builds that are for 150+ enemies yet the new content won't be 150+ enemies leading to complaints about how easy everything is now...

What? You are aware that people are already doing that without the existance of the hardmode?

Most people are always running with their best builds, with Rivens (which are needed nowhere in the game), with Arcanes and with the best builds for weapons and Warframes.

I know nobody who has different builds for the different planets (with different enemy level) for example,

i have never heard someone say "oh we are just playing on Earth? let me just remove my Arcanes real quick, i wont need them there."

To quote Scott: "this is nothing to replace the LootCaves and the Chill-Warframe-Experience where you chat with friends and stuff".

People either use their best builds in hardmode looking for a challenge trying out the viability of their builds, and then they will take those builds back to easy mode for a chilled experience where you simply farm and grind stuff the easy and relaxed way. TLDR: People are already min-maxing the *** out of their builds without the existance of hard mode, the only difference will be that hardmode will probably provide a place where you actually need it.

Agree 100% that the power creep problem in Warframe will continue now that builds will be designed around 150+ level enemies and new content will be labeled as easy, boring, etc. because people will be running builds designed to kill enemies higher than the top enemies in the content, including the boss.

Yes, everything put out by DE will be run by builds that are for 150+ enemies yet the new content won't be 150+ enemies leading to complaints about how easy everything is now...

Best idea ever...absolutely.

Doing research on the InterWebs to find a good definition of power creep...this seems to be one of the better ones:

People either use their best builds in hardmode looking for a challenge trying out the viability of their builds, and then they will take those builds back to easy mode for a chilled experience where you simply farm and grind stuff the easy and relaxed way.

Link to article that has an apparent definition of power creep

Absolutely one of the best decisions by DE for Warframe. Great idea...amazing...stellar...no more islands of content for Warframe. Keep up the great work DE.

23 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Best idea ever...absolutely. Or maybe not...

Come on....lol..

At least we have something useful and a reason for the making of builds other than having thousands of digital deck cards (mods) doing jack in our hard disk. 

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I know liches missions are particular nodes which may be randomized on this or that planet for each player, and feature a special game mode including Thrall and maybe even your lich if you are lucky, but overall, except the one rotation limit, they work the same way as the incoming hard mode :

-Improved enemy level
-Division of the player base playing on the same nodes on the same planet, but with different level/end game objectives.

Creating a new layers of nodes, "Hard nodes", and even "Ultra hard nodes", added to the current normal/event/syndicates/sorties/kuva/fissures/invasions is, IMHO, a bad idea. Even if I really like the idea of fighting quicker higher enemy level, I'll see clearly the divison of the community it will create, again, and this needs to stop on a declining playerbase.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)l Saminator l said:

From what I heard on the stream, you just have to beat a mission node on hard in order to unlock ultra-hard on that node. Though everything is subject to change, so we should wait. 

They did also say if you complete a planet/region on hard or ultra hard, that they are looking to reward players with a trophy decoration or something else. 

Chaces are you may get a special reward for completing the whole start chart on hard and ultra hard too. 

Will have to rewatch the stream to see if DE_Drun...er..DE_Goose said anything about unlocking "ultra hard mode" but agree that if it requires a full star chart clear to run hard or ultrahard mode missions it probably fine...but having to run all of it as 'normal' and then 'hard' mode to get to ultra hard mode would be just another time sink in Warframe.

So the likely implementation will be:

1. Run all normal missions / nodes (including the junction) for a region (planet) to get access to hard mode missions on that region (planet)
  2. A new player (running Mag of course) runs Earth...clears everything....
  3. The new player runs hard mode missions on Earth...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  4. After all hard mode missions on Earth are done ultra hard mode unlocks...
  5. The new player runs ultra hard mode missions on Earth...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  6. The new player goes back to hard mode missions on Earth and run them until max MR without unlocking any planets...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  7. The new player moves to Venus and runs all normal missions / nodes for Venus using the ultra hard mode build...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  8. The new player runs hard mode missions on Venus...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  9. The new player runs ultra hard mode missions on Venus...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  10. The new player moves to Mars and runs all normal missions / nodes for Mars using the ultra hard mode build...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  11. The new player runs hard mode missions on Mars...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  12. The new player runs ultra hard mode missions on Mars...tweaking builds as new mods/weapons/frames are acquired...
  13. New player finds Warframe boring and repetitive and decides to quit playing after three planets.
  14. DE wonders why players are leaving Waframe and new players are not staying with Warframe.

This whole hard/ultra hard mode thing is going to work great....

OR...DE could implement it like this:

1. Run all missions / nodes for the entire star chart in normal mode which unlocks hard mode on Earth.
  2. Run all missions / nodes for the entire star chart in hard mode (having to do star chart again)
  3. Run all missions / nodes for the entire star chart in ultra hard mode (having to do star chart again)
  4. Very few players finish grinding ultra hard mode star chart because they find it boring after doing hard mode...
  5. DE wonders why players are not finishing ultra hard mode star chart but are happy the 'leet' players are not complaining as much about having 'challenging' content for a few weeks
  6. A few weeks later 'leet' players grow bored with ultra hard mode and begin to complain about content drought.
  7. DE responses to the 1% of Warframe players and release a new quest line...
  8. The 'leet' players mow through new content in record time due to the power creep issue of ultra hard mode builds and start complaining about content drought in under a month
  9. DE responses to the 1% of Warframe players and release super ultra hard mode...everyone is happy...
  10. One month later the 'leet' players are again bored with the content drought and complain again...
  11. etc.

This whole hard/ultra hard mode thing is going to work great...

You can barely call that a hard mode, most people just swap off cap/rescue/ext missions in groups while ignoring the "endless" missions for liches. It's a poor substitute. They aren't hard mode, they're barely difficult.

That's not a fun gameplay loop, five minutes of survival with level 90 grineer is a joke and won't ever let you put your gear to work and really let people let loose with their builds. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 7

vor 4 Minuten schrieb dwqrf:

Creating a new layers of nodes, "Hard nodes", and even "Ultra hard nodes", added to the current normal/event/syndicates/sorties/kuva/fissures/invasions is, IMHO, a bad idea. Even if I really like the idea of fighting quicker higher enemy level, I'll see clearly the divison of the community it will create, again, and this needs to stop on a declining playerbase.

Wouldn't that combine the community? Until now there are the ones for them is everything to hard, perfect balanced and to easy. With higher enemy level there would be less people for them is everything to easy. In the end we will have just two communities not like now with three.

And that's how you beat logic with logic.

I mean the OP isn't exactly wrong.

Level 5 Lich missions are level 100~, which is the higher end of the proposed Hard Mode right now.

It'll be Ultra Hard Mode (higher end being 150 start) that still doesn't make anything difficult.

• Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, TheGuyver a dit :

You can barely call that a hard mode, most people just swap off cap/rescue/ext missions in groups while ignoring the "endless" missions for liches. It's a poor substitute. They aren't hard mode, they're barely difficult.

Well, when I was farming liches, and had plenty of kuva weapons to forma, I enjoyed going into the "endless" lich mission for the xp. Maybe you don't, but I've met a lot of people there.

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)Quantaminum a dit :

Not hard enough to be called hard mode.

I play those missions the same way I play any void fissure (spinning my melee weapon a la beyblade) and still have no issues

Because you think a base +50 or even a +100 to the base level of enemies will make any nodes difficult for the gear we can have

Meh.  Some effect, yes, on splitting up players who'd otherwise be doing lich missions.  But considering how often I end up soloing those I think it won't be severe.  IOW, hard mode will attract additional players that liches don't.  Especially on endless missions.

Splitting up normal and hard star chart will mostly affect people farming mods and parts.  Potentially a bigger deal for newer players.  But I think there are some real positives too in getting veteran players out of normal star chart.

Dev mention hard mode is unlock after getting arbitration. I'm assuming ultra hard mode unlocks as well since it just +100 to the enemy level within that node. I'm hoping DE doesn't make it a seperate game mode for "vets" and "elitists." Just make the rewards exactly the same as normal but with untradable cosmetics like weapon skins, ephemera, and ship decorations.

il y a 1 minute, Tiltskillet a dit :

Potentially a bigger deal for newer players.  But I think there are some real positives too in getting veteran players out of normal star chart.

The normal star chart will be even more a wasteland and meeting people on the way will become a really rare event. New players will have to think this is a solo game even though they play online. They'll have to clean the start chart once before being able to group with "high end" players...

• Like 2

I personally havent started Liches because I want to fully understand them first. I'm relatively new at 1,100 hrs so I just mastered and was enjoying the base level of the game with arbies and sorties and a few endurance runs.

With this hard mode I can finally do regular missions and not have to wait an hour and a half for the fun to start.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb dwqrf:

The normal star chart will be even more a wasteland and meeting people on the way will become a really rare event. New players will have to think this is a solo game even though they play online. They'll have to clean the start chart once before being able to group with "high end" players...

tbh this is the big question we need to wait for. Maybe DE does something to not split the community.

Edited by --Q--Candy