Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

1 hour ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

Higher MR=higher level of game knowledge, which means a player know what to do and not do. Skill in this game doesn't matter.

Leveling things from 1-30 in the most braindead content of the game does not bring you game knowledge. It doesn however bring you knowledge such as dont-place-your-coffee-mug-straight-infront-of-you-because-it-will-hurt-when-you-fall-asleep-and-it-will-make-the-keyboard-sticky-and-coffee-smelly-for-infinity. Aswell as knowledge about which frame made you fall asleep the quickest or which area of the galleon needs a new paint job the most.

The knoweldge comes when you start investing in weapons/frames, which isnt tied to MR at all.

The use of MR out of a "performance" perspective ends at MR15 since that is when you get access to the last weapons. Nowdays that matters far less since modulars and kuva weapons have no actual MR requirements to be used. 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Gabbynaru:

Really? Cause back in my day I learned how to use Greedy Mag and Miragulor just by playing with people who were way better than me. Also learned about the Tonkor. So try again.

Honestly, this is why this game won't ever have anything difficult. Because as soon as anything even remotely difficult is announced, people will come in and insist that any MR0 with no gear be able to join in in the name of inclusiveness and because "it's just a game", upon which it will have to be dumbed down so that people can carry the dead weight through that public matchmaking inevitably saddles them with. Because god forbid there is something in the game that you can't leech your way through.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Honestly, this is why this game won't ever have anything difficult. Because as soon as anything even remotely difficult is announced, people will come in and insist that any MR0 with no gear be able to join in in the name of inclusiveness and because "it's just a game", upon which it will have to be dumbed down so that people can carry the dead weight through that public matchmaking inevitably saddles them with.

As I said, you want proper teams, use recruiting chat. Game shouldn't be locked down cause some try hards aren't comfortable with teaching some newcomers how to play or helping them.

1 hour ago, zehne said:

I think what the OP means is that when you see a MR 2 with bramma you know something is wrong with 'end-game'

only ~~4 weapons even used on the profile, most not even rank 30, but they have bramma.  I should of screen shot it.

Yet the Kuva Bramma has a MR 15 requirement. Nice bullS#&$ straw man there. Yes you should have screenshot it because that was a miracle.
Edit: I stand corrected because you can actually use kuva weapons without meeting the MR requirement, but still bullS#&$ because you can't do liches without doing TWW and it requires at least MR5.

Edited by (PS4)lumen2ne1

Out of a pure level perspective, yeah Liches are "hard mode", so is arbitrations if you look at it that way. But what those two doesnt bring is good accessibility, which is something hard mode will have. You dont have to wait an hour, you dont have to wait for the lich to occupy the right nodes etc. Hard mode will let you start at a higher level anywhere. Liches and arbitrations also dont cover fissures and kuva missions, which hard mode likely will. I wonder if we can hard mode requiem fissures, lich missions and arbitrations.

Liches for that matter also require a ramp up before getting to level 100, which means 5 lich encounters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

Yet the Kuva Bramma has a MR 15 requirement. Nice bullS#&$ straw man there. Yes you should have screenshot it because that was a miracle.

The MR of the Kuva weapons are purely indicators of their strength. You arent locked out of them if you dont meet the MR req.

Gerade eben schrieb SneakyErvin:

The MR of the Kuva weapons are purely indicators of their strength. You arent locked out of them if you dont meet the MR req.

You are however locked out of Liches until you complete The War Within, which requires MR5.

• Like 3

Just now, Krankbert said:

I'll give you ten minutes to name a game mode that starts higher before I put you on the ignore list as an obvious troll.

Doesn't have to start higher, it's just level 130 enemies. We had those in the game for years. They're easy to deal with. Calling them endgame is stupid. I did those enemies when I sucked at the game and tower survival was still a thing. They're not endgame. Just cause you start at that level doesn't mean anything changed about them.

• Like 1

Increasing enemy levels does not make something hard. We have tools to cheese through thousands of enemy levels. If that's all they will do, then it will disappoint everyone. There is no difference between enemy levels scaling if after a certain level threshold they will kill you in one bullet after shield gating no matter the level and we cheese through their armor/health pool anyway. If they want to make hard/ultra mode to be different, they have to change objectives and add penalties otherwise they will breeze through it just like the regular star chart.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Gabbynaru:

Doesn't have to start higher, it's just level 130 enemies. We had those in the game for years. They're easy to deal with. Calling them endgame is stupid. I did those enemies when I sucked at the game and tower survival was still a thing. They're not endgame. Just cause you start at that level doesn't mean anything changed about them.

Sorry, I don't believe you. I don't think "the highest-level missions in the game by a fair margin aren't endgame" is an opinion anyone would honestly have. Byebye.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 2

il y a 25 minutes, Gabbynaru a dit :

Oh look, the try hards are also elitist. What a surprise! Ugh...

Who are you to dictate how other players play their game? If they wanna do ultra hard at MR0, it's their problem. If you want proper try hard teams, use recruitment chat. No one's owing  you anything in Public matchmaking.

Also, regarding the "but they don't deal any damage" comment... yeah, whose fault is it for bringing the most overpowered Mesas/Saryns/Brammirages in the mission again?

Grow up! It's a video game, not the olympics. Players should play however the heck they want without having people like you berating them cause they weren't born with the ultimate Warframe knowledge already in their heads. You were a noob once too, you know?

I don't need to grow up and you need to read the thread. I don't care what players do, I care what DE does about it and for how long are they going to allow this to happen.

• Like 1

il y a 16 minutes, Krankbert a dit :

Honestly, this is why this game won't ever have anything difficult. Because as soon as anything even remotely difficult is announced, people will come in and insist that any MR0 with no gear be able to join in in the name of inclusiveness and because "it's just a game", upon which it will have to be dumbed down so that people can carry the dead weight through that public matchmaking inevitably saddles them with. Because god forbid there is something in the game that you can't leech your way through.

That is true, MR is a general indication of how much a player is familiar with the game. Also true that a MR29 can be a total noob but I'd rather take my chances with a MR29 noob than a MR5 noob.

• Like 1

I've never felt like I lost a mission because someone was too weak. If you're really so good at the game, carrying 3 newish players shouldn't ever really be an issue. 

I just don't want hard mode NERFED because some players want everything fast. That's my main concern. 

If hard mode is indeed difficult, I look forward to using premade teams with some kind of communication. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)ARC_Paroe said:

My favorite though are the MR4s with kuva brammas on PS4 - who ive seen about five of in scarlet spear - constantly whine about the "flinching bug".

Lol wow. That's why the Bramma is one of my least favorite Weapons for Condrix because the staggers from the Bomblets forces you to shoot further away from your Squad or higher up while damaging the Condrix. Not to mention Weapons like Kuva Brakk and Corinth Prime is better against the Sentients, no joke.

Edited by GPrime96

Nothing against it on its own but I'm still gonna say no because I don't want DE to keep going down that path of "make everything level 400 to create challenge". It's just more busywork and has absolutely nothing to do with challenge. I'd rather have more debuff missions like grendel.

• Like 2

il y a 12 minutes, Hypernaut1 a dit :

I've never felt like I lost a mission because someone was too weak. If you're really so good at the game, carrying 3 newish players shouldn't ever really be an issue. 

I just don't want hard mode NERFED because some players want everything fast. That's my main concern. 

If hard mode is indeed difficult, I look forward to using premade teams with some kind of communication. 

Hard mode is starting with +50 or +100 enemy level nothing so difficult about that. What will matter is rewards, and if rewards are better than the normal version of the mission trust me, you'll have to spend more time reviving players than doing the actual mission, on public matchups at least.

Edited by --EC--Adrenaline

1 minute ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

Hard mode is starting with +50 or +100 enemy level nothing so difficult about that. What will matter is rewards, and if rewards are better than the normal version of the mission trust me, you'll have to spend more time reviving players than doing the actual mission, on public matchups at least.

reviving feels like a challenge to me. Its dynamic gameplay. It really doesnt ruin a mission for me. 

4 minutes ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

I don't need to grow up and you need to read the thread. I don't care what players do, I care what DE does about it and for how long are they going to allow this to happen.

But there are always solutions in the game. If DE have already said that the star chart needs to be cleared for each difficulty then that is the requirement for everyone. If you then end up with someone dying too much, just go with the tough love approach and dont rezz them. Most players that die repeatedly will get the point that it may be too tough for them. Pugs are pugs, if you just want a certain type of player make a premade and be done with it.

Sorties are effectively MR5 where sortie 3 ends at level 100. Liches are effectively MR5 and ends up at around level 110 at rank 5. Arbitrations are also effectively MR5. So I see little reason why normal level 150 missions should require a higher MR, they are afterall just normal missions in the end.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AuroraSonicBoom:

Nothing against it on its own but I'm still gonna say no because I don't want DE to keep going down that path of "make everything level 400 to create challenge". It's just more busywork and has absolutely nothing to do with challenge. I'd rather have more debuff missions like grendel.

At least the level increase is a start. The Grendel missions are a one-off thing that is absolutely useless as a general approach to difficulty.