Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

19 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Introduction and Motivation: Warframe is a game about preparation. If you have collected all the items, frames, and weapons, then ultimately all current content is trivial after choosing a loadout that trivializes it. So, warframe's difficulty isn't in the missions, it's in the arsenal. I think that "Hard Mode" as proposed in yesterday's devstream will be no different, but I'll retract that when it arrives if there actually is difficulty in the missions due to some as yet unknown modifier. 

Hard Mode Suggestion: For me, the ideal "Hard Mode" would be missions with all enemies set around level 40, but it takes away your ability to prepare entirely. Every team member who joins is given a random, unmodded warframe, with random unmodded weapons, no gear and no operator. This would require "Hard Mode" players to know all the warframes' strengths and weaknesses, work together as a team, manage their energy, know when to push forward and when to retreat, etc... Ultimately, I think this would make for a far more interesting and varied experience. The obvious downside is that players will feel like they wasted their time collecting all this shiny stuff only for it to be disabled because the game let them get too powerful. Therefore I think there has to be some Lore added to give a plausible reason why these things are taken away. I would suggest something like the following:

17 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

For that I'd rather go with something like v this v .Though this would just be its own game mode rather than a widespread hard mode.

And in all honesty, for hard mode itself, I'd be already massively happy if it offered greater resource chances and greater xp, along with some unique rewards. About Scott's description of what he wants it to be, I hope he keeps on track with his original idea, honestly.

Not that a "Hard Mode - Random Gear" mode would be unable to coexist with any of these ideas, however.

taking away everything with no way to get it back, is kind of what this video explains, yes making what you get random can have it's up sides and down sides, more down sides than up though, i will explain further below.

this video has a good point to it, since ALL your gear would be located within the levels of the mission, it gives you more interest in persuing the next level.

although these may seem negative, they have to be considered (neither suggestions seem to have considered them)
that stupid thing called "Host Migration"

with any of these suggestions, they need to implement a few features with one to penalize leavers (maybe use Dota 2's system)
mission abandon penalty where you can not join that mission for something like 5min, then 20min, then 60min, then 3 hours etc
BUT... here is where it gets tricky:
reasons for leaving.

1. one of the biggest can be the connection to the host being laggy.
  2. give people only random gear, if the host doesnt like what he/she got, they leave.
  3. if the host doesnt like what they get/found on each level, they leave.
  4. if the host doest like the team, they leave... im guilty of this but not as host.... slow nova in survival is just extremely annoying, not only causes problems with life support, forces people to run around trying to find enemies to kill, but also makes my nekros useless, since there is no corpses to get life support.

this is where another feature needs to be implemented to not only remedy most of these problems, but makes both suggestions redundant and more: mission manager
there is SOO many possibilities in a mission manager

1. where people can see host pings and not join those missions that have high ping. (i would like to play, not watch enemies teleport)

2. where people can see the frames and build in the squad (yes im looking at you slova in survival)

3. where you could apply modifiers that EVERYONE can vote on (i make my own choices host) (no mods, dragon key effect, random weapons, assult rifle only, secondary only, melee only, all eximus enemies, enemy level, enemy type and the list goes on.

4. where your dificulty is HAND picked by the squad.. (yes its supposed to be a TEAM game)

5. where your rewards are based on the level of dificulty you have CHOSEN (walks away with only 5k credits because you used bramma 😄 )
    rewards will be based on your chosen tileset, enemy type and dificulty. each aspect link to the current design increases chances, where as non linked decreases chances and the dificulty increases the quantity.

e.g you choose kuva fortress tileset, enemies have 3% chance to drop 5 kuva, kuva fortress enemies increases chance to 4.5, however, if you choose corpus enemies, chance drops to 1.5%... you choose all eximus, amount goes to 7, you also choose melee only, amount goes to 9.

6. where you can manage your arsenal on the go. (not this almost useless loadout button we have)

honestly, i could probably add a whole lot more to that and so could other people, even go down to specifics on types of missions having different rewards, i could even go into detail on how rewards can change based on weapon disposition, which will force rotation of weapons people use (if they want to get the most out of a mission). although, i dont think it will be added...

but my point is, we dont need "Hard Mode", i believe we just need a mission manager like i have suggested, why, because it makes the game customizable to a huge degree that even the veterans could have a hard time with and entertaining.

that video is a good idea, but the quipment is still too random and relies on RNG too much.
it requires taking a look at every weapon in the game and assigning a tier to it (who decides this tier?, the people that havent made them usable in current missions), or you get cases where your "found" equipment is just not good enough to even have a chance to finish the level.

what i have proposed is literally a game changer of sorts.

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Avienas said:

Its called micro-boosters. They basically do it all the time with bought boosters, just apply the same logic as a specialized version of credit/affinity/resource/resource-dropchance booster. It would effectively be a tag enabled booster that only applies to those who take the modifier on, similar to dragon keys if one were to get picky at it. 

As for if they could make something for drop table loot, it could likely be a modifier to give a extra loot item and only apply to those with a hard mode tag in that way. Where droppable items would likely just go as far as maybe multiplying the quantity of particular items where once again, would likely stem mostly towards resources, endo, credits and what not. Since sadly as you stated, it might be a pain in the arse for them to do properly, unless its a separate instance and likely them giving something like droppable relics and what not.

Based on how they stated it, they were likely just going to add levels and call it a day, which is obviously going to require a lot more to it then that. Which is likely just going to lean more to a affinity/resource game mode booster, since it was looking to only apply to NORMAL start-chart missions as far as i can tell. Very sure them applying hard mode to fissures, kuva lich missions, nightmare missions, invasions and so on is likely the least of thar concerns on such a system.

It would still not allow for more specific loot tables. Sure percent increases would be solved, but we'd still have the same damn rewards in the end, earth would still be completely pointless and they'd force themselves into a corner for the future incase they wanna update loot tables specifically for a "new" star chart.

The "tag" would also not solve other things, like accessibility of more interesting mobs that may be more suited towards more progressed players. It would also not solve other underlying issues with lowbie missions, which is the lack of density and more intricate "puzzles" in spy missions etc. Same as it wouldnt solve defense, excav and other endless missions involving objects to protect. There would be no proper scaling of those either given the group would be split between tag and no tag players.

There is also another issue with a tag that weakens you. At some point you may actually become counter productive to the group, pulling less weight than the non-tags, so you end up getting a higher reward for pulling less of your weight.

12 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont see how this will lead to power creep.

We are already at the point where we build for things far beyond what we ever face in the game and use those builds for everything, the two hard mode options wont change that unless they shower us with power creep items that can take our strength even further above what we face. We use such builds already because they are the most efficient for us even though we dont really need them. You also seem to forget that the new releases that come after the hard modes are added will likely have hard mode options added to them aswell, aside from story quests and possibly specific events. I mean, why would they be released without out it?

Lets see if this helps with seeing how it leads to power creep...

giphy.gif

Hmmm...no?

Yes, this hard / ultra hard mode is a great idea so players that don't currently spend time in a survival to reach level 150+ enemies will be able to run missions with level 150+ enemies and make builds for that level enemies so everything in the game is way too easy.

Possibly one of the worst ideas ever....

Power creep is already a problem in Warframe...now players will make builds for 150+ level enemies and run everything with those builds.

Next content release will be "easy" because enemies won't be at level 150+ and the boss won't be 150+...

But yes..."finally...this is the greatest thing ever..."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreyDeath789 said:

giphy.gif

Hmmm...no?

Yes, this hard / ultra hard mode is a great idea so players that don't currently spend time in a survival to reach level 150+ enemies will be able to run missions with level 150+ enemies and make builds for that level enemies so everything in the game is way too easy.

Power creep is already a problem in Warframe...now players will make builds for 150+ level enemies and run everything with those builds.

Next content release will be "easy" because enemies won't be at level 150+ and the boss won't be 150+...

As I said, we already build for that. I dont run endless often to encounter 150+ enemies, yet I always run the builds that would trivialize that content more or less. Them adding +100 content wont change that. It wouldnt change if they added +500 content either, because the builds I use are already as strong as they can get since I use what I have access to. As I said, it would only change if the +50 and +100 mode adds new and more powerful rewards.

+100 actually counters the current creep a bit.

This is something I wanted for quite a bit now however this (besides difficulty) needs to give players a reason to play this difficulty.

Here are some suggestions that will increase its replay ability;

·       Give players the option to choose the enemy level difficulty like in the simulacrum. Players would appreciate it if they can choose instead of it being chosen for them.

·       Make this feature work on ALL mission types and game modes. (syndicate, kuva litch, arbitration, quest missions)

Note – of course the starting level will be the level it starts at.

·       On hard mode it increases every drop chance of anything that drops in the mission. (1% - 30%)

·       The trophy reward must have multiple uses. (ship decoration, trade for credits, endo, void traces, syndicate standing, murmurs etc. This makes it to where obtaining them has a lasting appeal.

·       To give players the incentive to play on a harder difficulty, there needs to be new rewards;

-        New mods

-        New weapons/skins

-        Warframe/operator cosmetics (armour, syandana, outfits with perks)

-        Boosters

-        Stencils

-        Universal medallions (including conclave)

Note - rewards can vary on mission types

·       In hard mode you have a 50% chance to receive double pickups or resources.

·       There is a reward difference between hard and ultra-hard mode will have perks compared to hard mode;

-        Double affinity/resource boosters, pickups.

-        You get a new currency that can be given to maroo to get new rewards.

·       You are able to look for new fragments that can give more music to listen to on your ship or lore depending on the mission type you`re playing on e.g. syndicate, kuva litch lore.

Also DE said that this is something that can be released next week, imo I’d rather them hold it back to improve and test it that to just put it out there for use to complain, give feedback then take months to fix the problems, as we have seen doing this doesn’t work out for them.

If these ideas were to be implemented this will give player the incentive to play on a higher difficulty.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

As I said, we already build for that. I dont run endless often to encounter 150+ enemies, yet I always run the builds that would trivialize that content more or less. Them adding +100 content wont change that. It wouldnt change if they added +500 content either, because the builds I use are already as strong as they can get since I use what I have access to. As I said, it would only change if the +50 and +100 mode adds new and more powerful rewards.

Right...got it...no power creep concerns at all...

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont run endless often to encounter 150+ enemies, yet I always run the builds that would trivialize that content more or less.

LOL. Nope...no power creep problem...none at all...LOL.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Absolutely, totally...running Mot at level 50 for an hour to reach level 150 mobs versus running Mot at level 150 for an hour to reach level 300 (?)...no power creep. Nope.

Reward ideas I would be interested in:

Unique ephemeras for doing hardmode, these rewards would rotate on the drop table (different ones for different missions!).

Unique emblems for doing hardmode

a 2x kuva multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 2x void tracers multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 2x credit multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 4x endo multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

and finally...

MASTERY CHALLENGES for a specific Warframe. This would earn you a ephemera, emblem, or sigil to make you feel good about yourself!

All of these rewards I think are worthy of someone who has grinded and created efficient and strong setups!

Edited by Midas

so without power creep how would you combat the enemies??

now DE is finally addressing one of the main problems with the game, youre screaming power creep when there isn't any. even in the lore it tells you that the frames are so powerfull they bend the laws of physics yet here you are foolishly contesting the lore .

20 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Of course, something like I suggest has been suggested before. One of the common arguments against it is that "you can do this already! Just unequip all your mods!" While this is true, the mentality in the two cases is very different. In one case, the players are being forced to adapt and work together in difficult circumstances. In the other, the player is self-sabotaging. This difference of mentality distinctly separates the two cases. It's the difference between failing a mission and saying "Damn, I need to get better!" and "Damn, well I lost only because I self-sabotaged." 

sorry, i forgot to respond on this and i want to separate it... it may seem a bit off topic, but it is, it goes to the players mentality, rather than what the game can do.

although you may be right about the mindset, is it not the point?
or maybe everyone just wants to be controlled?

"with great power, comes great responsibility"
in other words, anyone with this midset, prefers to be controlled regardless of their actual strength.
in which case, will just bring people back to the forums complaining that a mode is too hard, RNG is too much or what ever reason.

i am pretty sure the case is almost NEVER "Damn, I need to get better!"... it almost ALWAYS has to be someone/something elses fault.

good examples, people complain about MR 9 and MR 19 tests being too dificult, its NEVER "Damn, I need to get better!", its ALWAYS the test is too dificult and needs adjusting, yet i go in and cheese both of them with starting gear (excalibur, skana and no mods).

my point is, if you can not control the power you have, to suit your enjoyment, you will never be happy, no matter what the game provides, since your mind will just blame it on someone/something else.

if you want to use all your equipment, you can throw on dragon keys too.. there is nothing the game can do that it doesnt already do to satisfy your requirements, if you can not control them on your own, it wont matter what the game has or doesnt. you are just looking for someone/something else to blame.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

But my War Frames can't bend the law of Coffee, how about that? ^^

This game needs an industrial reconstruction requiring more than 600 developers, artists, programmers for the roundup of this project . Leyou Technologies should hire more developers in for a serious development of the infrastructure on this game. 

Edited by Felsagger

53 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

snip

You keep referencing power creep as if it's a process carried out by the players, through the builds they make. That simply isn't what power creep is, power creep happens when the developers keep making weapons/tools that are direct upgrades compared to those that came before them, thus raising further the player's power level. People in this game already test builds against 175 lvl enemies, and those builds already are the best they can be. You can't "power creep" a build without the devs adding new mods/weapons. Hard mode would just give those players an environment that doesn't get instantly deleted out of existence because of the weapons they have, there's nothing wrong with it.

If it's paired with actual worthwhile rewards, it might be a very cool addition. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Midas said:

Reward ideas I would be interested in:

Unique ephemeras for doing hardmode, these rewards would rotate on the drop table (different ones for different missions!).

Unique emblems for doing hardmode

a 2x kuva multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 2x void tracers multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 2x credit multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

a 4x endo multiplier IF the starting level is above 100.

and finally...

MASTERY CHALLENGES for a specific Warframe. This would earn you a ephemera, emblem, or sigil to make you feel good about yourself!

All of these rewards I think are worthy of someone who has grinded and created efficient and strong setups!

yes we need more boosters...

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Fair enough I guess. But Are you guys expecting every mission to give some sort of special reward like forma or kuva? Because we already have a lot of ways to get these. 

The only rewards I can think of are the arcanes. Since those can be only found in few mission types. And we have void traces but that's a fissure exclusive resource.

Ideally (But unlikely considering DE's business model), they could add exclusive non-tradable corrupted/amalgam/primed/umbra mods in line with other loot games locking higher-tier gear behind higher difficulty settings. This would be the best way to incentivize "graduating" from normal star chart and moving to hard mode because you would not be able to buy the mods you want from the game mode, and would have to play them yourself. 

But again, this goes against DE's business model of "get what you want day 1 if you have the plat", so this is unlikely.

Realistically, at best we'll get resource/affinity multipliers. Not necessarily a special reward, but in order to avoid what happened to Anthem, they need (At the very least) a resource multiplier since easy/normal mode should not be better than hard mode for resource acquisition. They can also add mastery to hard nodes, as well as badges, and cosmetics. Higher Riven/sliver acquisition rate wouldn't be bad. 

Edited by Jarriaga

1 hour ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Right...got it...no power creep concerns at all...

LOL. Nope...no power creep problem...none at all...LOL.

Absolutely, totally...running Mot at level 50 for an hour to reach level 150 mobs versus running Mot at level 150 for an hour to reach level 300 (?)...no power creep. Nope.

You clearly dont know what power creep means.

Power creep = The addition of obtainable power for the players where there is no content to support it. As in having a game balance around level 50 with the right amount of items then adding more level 50 content but with directly more powerful items. A game with level 50 content that has itemization that would in reality let players beat 70 content already has power creep, so if that game would release level 70 it would counter the power creep, same as if it was to add level 80 content with appropriate rewards suited for level 80.

Adding +100 missions is the exact opposite of power creep since it actually tries to reduce it by adding more accessible levels for a wider playerbase. The only thing +100 doesnt do is counter the power creep enough. It does however not bring more power creep.

And stop spamming the same message over and over in each post you make.

I get that odd feeling you and Felsagger are the same person trying to troll in two different ways.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Hmmm...no?

People build like that already. Most people's frames are absolutely min/maxed as much as possible regardless of whether the content is trivialised or difficult. Most people aren't out there slapping on Vitality and Intensify and going "yep, that's plenty," they're putting as many umbrals, primed mods, corrupteds, anything to push that 1% more.

Content is already balanced around that mentality. Look at profit taker and liches, both are designed to require high-tier builds. Players can't magically pull out better builds just because the difficulty goes up, the same mods still exist.

1 minute ago, Midas said:

less farm + cosmetic rewards!

yes we all know DE is all about reducing grind. (hello lich system)

grind for the weapon you dont already have (not to mention the grind to increase the stats)
grind for murmurs
grind for the requiem relics
grind for the parazon mods

BUT its ok, because there is a chance to get relics during grinding murmurs...
instead of just slapping a 72 hour build time on a BP and using resources you would already have...
see... they are working towards a huge reduction in the grind..

they dont even give 1 hour boosters on every dev stream which you have to watch for 30min to get anything they do give, yet they must add a permanent booster that you dont pay for?

lol.... i would really like to know what you're smoking...

how would this "multiplier" work?
on top of the already 2x from booster on top of the upto 2x from fissure on top of the stacking 2x from smeeta kavat charm?

kuva survival
200 base
400 - 2x from booster
800 - 2x from your proposed 2x multiplier
1600 - from max fissure
3200 - 2x from charm
6400 - charm with the occational double stack
12800 - on charm tripple stack
plus 1200 from relics
and can be baught from arbitration store 25 vitus for 10k kuva.

there is kuva EVERYWHERE!!!

yes... we need to increase kuva drops... 12800 is not enough in 1 minute, nor the possibility of an additional 1200 every 5 minutes.
why dont they just give 500k daily... oh wait, a few hours doing arbitrations (with booster and charm) and you have that in vitus.

im sorry if my response is not the positivity you might have been looking for.. 

Just like any other multiplier (resource booster, charm, etc...) ^^ it stacks, also cosmetic rewards and reduced grind for high level enemies just makes sense imo. I have already grinded out harder units, reward me for using high level equipment. I don't expect any new mobs in hard mode sadly sorry to say. It is just going to be regular survival, def, interception etc... I am not going to play it if I don't get anything out of it lol.

Edited by Midas

3 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

I'm confused by this statement. Are you implying most players don't currently optimize their builds to the most powerful versions they currently can? Who is saying "The mission is on Earth? Then I won't use serration, condition overload, blood rush and umbra mods"?

Just now, Jarriaga said:

I'm confused by this statement. Are you implying most players don't currently optimize their builds to the most powerful versions they currently can? Who is saying "The mission is on Earth? Then I won't use serration, condition overload, blood rush and umbra mods"?

He just doesnt know what power creep actually is.

Feels like it was the word of the day on his portion sized cereal box.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, if the only changes to the game to make this mode difficult are mildly inflated levels it is going to fail at any remote semblance of actually creating difficulty, we've been able to deal with enemies into the thousands of digits for years now, effortlessly, the only difficulty fighting high level enemies has posed in this game for a long while is the time it takes to reach them and then waiting out when those levels break the mode and that's about it. You can pop open youtube right now and find half a dozen videos with ease of players manhandling enemies up to 10000 solo, that's how insignificant levels are in Warframe at the supposed endgame level. Scaling itself is just a meaningless system in Warframe past the beginning and if DE plan to rely on it solely to generate difficulty in the current state of the games balance it's going to achieve nothing. They'd be better off just tripling enemy spawns or something, it'd at least have the potential to keep people more active which they might conflate with difficulty, as opposed to arbitrary spreadsheet values that won't impact gameplay.

Scott talked about trimming some of the highest capabilities of our tools during his recent interview, at the least maybe they should consider finishing that before trying to create and balance a new difficulty mode which will inevitably be heavily impacted by that situation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Midas said:

Just like any other multiplier (resource booster, charm, etc...) ^^ it stacks, also cosmetic rewards and reduced grind for high level enemies just makes sense imo. I have already grinded out harder units, reward me for using high level equipment. I don't expect any new mobs in hard mode sadly sorry to say. It is just going to be regular survival, def, interception etc... I am not going to play it if I don't get anything out of it lol.

the odd's are that it will just be the same, but the chances of them reducing any part of the grind is slim to none.
another example is railjack, constantly going around to do missions, when they could easily stack everything, you go collect all the parts and it all builds at once with a 7 day build time or something stupid.

everything they do revolves around grinding or waiting to grind some more.

even if it was new mod's this is what you're looking at getting

one of their latest... as if people run around trying to kick enemies heads in... not to mention the fact they removed about 70 to 90% of its potential damage.
so not only is it an inconvenient mod to even try and use, if you wanted to, you could MAYBE kill a level 20 enemy

JuSZItt.png

I am personally looking forward to this. And I don't think that there should be any change to the drops in the mission from what they are currently. The entire point is to let people have the opportunity to start at a higher level than the base level. Not to speed up the grind for items/resources.

What I DO think though is that there should be some fashion frame thing that the player will receive upon completion of the entire start chart in Hard mode, and the same for ultra hard mode.

Or perhaps Ultra hard mode would increase the difficulty upon completion of the mission in Ultra hard mode. i.e. run a nod on ultra hard its base level +100. Next time you run that same node on ultra hard it base +110. Each subsequent successful completion of that node in ultra hard will increase the level boost by another 10 levels. Something "fashion frame" would be received upon completions of certain milestone levels? An emblem that changes with each completion in ultra hard?

5 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

the odd's are that it will just be the same, but the chances of them reducing any part of the grind is slim to none.
another example is railjack, constantly going around to do missions, when they could easily stack everything, you go collect all the parts and it all builds at once with a 7 day build time or something stupid.

everything they do revolves around grinding or waiting to grind some more.

even if it was new mod's this is what you're looking at getting

one of their latest... as if people run around trying to kick enemies heads in... not to mention the fact they removed about 70 to 90% of its potential damage.
so not only is it an inconvenient mod to even try and use, if you wanted to, you could MAYBE kill a level 20 enemy

JuSZItt.png

Our community used to have a big disgust for rewards being locked behind "hard content". Trying to argue harder rewards can be trickery with them! This opinion may have shifted within the last 1.5 years though. This is why I firmly believe cosmetics only should be locked behind hm as a achievement (because it does not prevent everyone from obtaining necessary things to advance in mastery rank). Although endless resources like Endo and Kuva can be essential for players that are just reaching MR 20+ (Although I know many with millions of Kuva and Endo.) So certain players do not benefit from endless resources. Endless Endo can be useful for liquidation of maxed primed mods for platinum via trading! With Hard mode there are no new game modes, so my reward opinion still stands (We just have different beliefs then). Digital Extremes is not one for creativity in rewards and mission types.

hace 6 horas, 5p33dy_01 dijo:

this is purely a cry for drops increase, it has no relation to actual increased dificulty.

you already have every single one of these but some are more generous/common than others.
others are such a big impact that they need to be locked behind events AND only given 1 per event (hello Umbra Forma).. or maybe they thought the ridiculous cost to build they would put on it, would make people complain.

anyway...
this hard mode and ultra hard mode....

since you have not actually given ANY information on the actual dificulty side (only provided the greed side), how about you explain what this hard mode and ultra hard mode would comprise of?
i can probably guarantee that the dificulty you desire is already in the game and implemented to a greater level than you think.

hace 19 horas, Gabbynaru dijo:

Or it should just be the same rewards as in normal missions. You're already getting more of them anyway since the spawns are higher and elite enemies will spawn more often. That's reward enough.

Or did everyone crying for a hard mode mean they wanted better drops instead? Cause they got the hard mode they've been crying like babies for, anything else is pure greed.

Please, read, I wrote REWARDS ideas, no game play or difficulty ideas.

Because some players JUST play something for the rewards, you know , why should you play ESO if there is no good rewards to play it? We play eso for FOCUS, relics or affinity

Why excavation was more popular than desertion/defense/survival? (Arbitration) 

Anwser, faster rewards

We love our time, faster and better rewards is why we play something in most cases.