Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

Hello there!
So, I was watching the home stream today, and at the end, they showed us a Corpus head sliced by a Redeemer as a shoulderpad. Now, I didn't liked the concept of enemy heads on our shoulders, that's gross. But... then I had an idea.
I briefly discussed this on a live Reddit chat, and we thought it would be cool if hard mode allowed us to get trophies by killing a certain enemy x times. For instance: a hundred Grineer Bombards killed in hard mode will grant you a... silver trophie of their severed heads in a cool looking blade, why not? And then, we could show off these trophies as cosmetics or decorations.
I think it could be a nice exclusive gimmic of hard mode, and could incentivize more people in participating in this new addition. What do you think?

Edited by Dancli
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, akrid45 said:

really DE again just increasing enemy levels = more challenging? 

Honestly u have so many different enemy types u could add into the missions to make it more challenging like the ghouls or rathuum enemies or index enemies abilities etc.. and yet you once again go back to just increasing enemy level and calling it a day. 

Even adding some modifiers like for example enemies throwing nades a lot more frequent and do more damage or something to make things more interesting would be nice but nope.  

these are basically kuva lich missions without the lich 

i really hope i'm wrong and that there is something different than just increasing enemy level when the mode comes out but if not then i'm pretty disappointed 

don't get me wrong i already know that challenge in warframe is a lost cause but them doing this just shows that they aren't listening and just doing the same old mistakes

don't get me wrong it's a step in the right direction but u would think they would have learned by now that just increasing enemy level isn't enough 

This is something hundreds of players have been asking for, honestly I'm surprised and glad they considered this addition. It's a great change imo. 

• Like 9

I know they only talked about the star chart, but hard mode relic missions would be cool as well. What if running a hard mode relic gave you an additional reward to choose from at the selection/end-game screen drawn from all currently available relics and using the intact drop chances.  It wouldnt be a huge boon to players doing it, but it would definitely feel good when it happens to be useful.

Edited by TehBoozinCrew
  • Like 1

il y a 7 minutes, Mos-Eisley a dit :

Why the hell would anyone complain about this? If anyone doesnt want to run in hard mode, then just dont.

Because they complain about everything and complain as long as they don't have everything nerfed to their liking. 

Every single update it's the same song. I just want to see DE making something difficult and let the nerf stick in the locker just once. 

Edited by HexOmega111x
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, akrid45 said:

really DE again just increasing enemy levels = more challenging? 

Honestly u have so many different enemy types u could add into the missions to make it more challenging like the ghouls or rathuum enemies or index enemies abilities etc.. and yet you once again go back to just increasing enemy level and calling it a day. 

Even adding some modifiers like for example enemies throwing nades a lot more frequent and do more damage or something to make things more interesting would be nice but nope.  

these are basically kuva lich missions without the lich 

i really hope i'm wrong and that there is something different than just increasing enemy level when the mode comes out but if not then i'm pretty disappointed 

don't get me wrong i already know that challenge in warframe is a lost cause but them doing this just shows that they aren't listening and just doing the same old mistakes

Slow them horses cowboy, its prototype stage as they said if you feel that there should be something looked at head on over to the feedback section of the forums and put your thoughts in. It won't get noticed in the general forums. It will just earn ya eyerolls.

• Like 5

Having super necessary rewards in a Hard Mode probably isn't the correct move.

Best thing for them to do would be to have a cycle of evergreen rewards in everything, so credits and endo as the most common (at relatively decent values), and then rare chances for things like built forma or such.

Would also be a good time to drop Umbra Forma actually as a rare reward.

• Like 3

Just now, TehBoozinCrew said:

I know they only talked about the star chart, but hard mode relic missions would be cool as well. What if running a hard mode relic gave you an additional reward to choose from at the selection/end-game screen drawn from all available relics and using the intact drop chances.  It wouldnt be a huge boon to players doing it, but it would definitely feel good when it happens to be useful.

Oof would be even better if the amount of traces you get increased with the level.

• Like 3

Except this change is exactly what players have been wanting for years now. One of the largest difficulty related complaints is from people wanting higher level enemies to fight but nobody wanting to spend 1-2 hours minimum in an endless before hitting those levels.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

Having super necessary rewards in a Hard Mode probably isn't the correct move.

Best thing for them to do would be to have a cycle of evergreen rewards in everything, so credits and endo as the most common (at relatively decent values), and then rare chances for things like built forma or such.

Would also be a good time to drop Umbra Forma actually as a rare reward.

Seems kinda like arbitrations tbh

3 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Its the forums. If it can be complained about, it will be. Kinda like a certain space port full of scum and villainy.

We have an anime where Roanapur is in space?

• Like 2

Just now, trst said:

Except this change is exactly what players have been wanting for years now. One of the largest difficulty related complaints is from people wanting higher level enemies to fight but nobody wanting to spend 1-2 hours minimum in an endless before hitting those levels.

So much this

3 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It sounds good to me.

Especially if we can get the same implementation for Railjack.

It's gonna be fun watching people slam into those +50 and +100 archwing missions.

That's going to be awesome!

• Like 2

Mark my words; Offering any sort of increase in xp or resources for hard mode is a bad idea. Anything more than some sort of cosmetic badge or decoration will do way more harm than good. Being able to actually play a challenging game mode should be reward enough in itself.

• Like 9

No matter what they do, there are bound to be some people who are disappointed or complaining. Today you are one of them.

Scott hates these kind of players the most. Scott's words "give them an inch and they want a meter". Always not satisfy.

Edited by kyori
  • Like 5

Heyo.

First off, I would like to say that the idea of a Hard Mode Starchart is amazing, and I thank DE for finally taking that idea into consideration.

Here's the thing I'm worried about. Difficulty, in this instance, seems to be more level-based than it is actually gameplay-based.

Sure, it's a lot easier to slap 50 levels on a Lancer and call it a day, but we're talking about a game where Tenno could one-shot the kneecaps off of an open-world Sentient ZOMBIE that's TEN FEET TALL.

Instead, I was wondering if the objectives themselves could also be scaled.

For example:

• Higher-level Capture missions could have players Capture more than one VIP from across the map. You know how in Spy missions that if you lose all 3 data terminals, you lose the mission? Something like that.
  • Higher-level Exterminate missions will have a lot more miniboss-type enemies thrown around when a certain percentage of enemies is killed (like a Lynx or Hyena(s) in a Corpus mission)
  • Higher-level Defense missions could have you defend several objectives at the same time (imagine a gamemode where there's a platoon of civilians that the Tenno are going to try and defend)
  • Higher-level Mobile Defense missions could act like Disruption where during time thresholds (3 minute defense, every 1 minute, for example), there's a Demolisher or Demolyst (i forget the name) that takes huge chunks out of the terminal's health

Just food for thought.

• Like 13

hace 4 minutos, (XB1)Skippy575 dijo:

A full armor set made of Grineer heads...

shia labeouf agree GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Forgot to mention we could choose to display these trophies in our ship. Wearing Grineer heads is not what I was looking for lol xD But, why not both? I've edited the original post with that detail.

Edited by Dancli

There's not a single concrete piece of information out there about it, other than that it's in active development and people are already complaining about it.

I thought I was done being surprised at just how low people would go to farm virtual upvotes on a forum, but here I am again.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It sounds good to me.

Especially if we can get the same implementation for Railjack.

It's gonna be fun watching people slam into those +50 and +100 archwing missions.

I'd be on board with that, but it seemed like it's regular star chart only.

Worth noting that Railjack is currently very limited in terms of build diversity and how much you can do.

I could be wrong, but fighting level 140 ships would be a PITA 😉

( unless of course they start adding moar gear/avios/etc, that would be fantastic! )