Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion and Feedback on Hard Mode shown on devstream

Jarriaga

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

good. If people get "reasons" to go farther, that just opens the window to complaints and nerfs. 

I really want hard mode to be optional so people arent complaining that they are forced to play. 

I do not bother myself with what people are going to complaint about. It's a certainty in any case. I hope things get better for us all. That's all there's to it.

For me personally, this could be the progression I have been looking for in this game. I would like if they added an item to the game that would allow you to upgrade some of the base stats of a weapon up to three times. This would give me hours of grind time making various improvements to the weapons I use.

The latest Dev stream talked about a possible hardmode. It was this to which I was referring. I apologise that I was not clear I thought that saying 'hardmode' would be enough.
I would not recommend this for the normal star chart at all only for the proposed 'hardmode'.

I am well aware that just throwing everyone into a random style matchmaking isn't a good solution, however allowing people to choose a mission type/enemy type and then have it lump them in with other players is surely a reasonable option.

As to the times/zones I am referring to I am talking about the off-peak times and the non-American Servers. Which if you have ever played on you can often never find another player for something as popular as ESO, Relics and Hydron, let alone the star chart in general.

I am not asking for the removal of the star chart, I am offering a mere suggestion that (in regards to this potential 'hardmode' that was talked about on the devstream) They will need to look at options because creating another 'layer' of the star chart will spread the population of Warframe over even larger an area.

Edited by Atrak8
change quiet-time to off-peak

My preference.. imo...

Hard mode starts from 100+

Ultra Hard mode starts from 200+

Extreme Hard mode starts from 200+... but with every stats doubled just like the old Railjack on-foot enemies.

NEW* Insane Hard mode starts from 500+ with every stats doubled just like the old Railjack on-foot enemies.

Level 50 is.... aiyo... not the least hard man. lol

Edited by kyori

12 minutes ago, kyori said:

My preference.. imo...

Hard mode starts from 100+

Ultra Hard mode starts from 200+

Extreme Hard mode starts from 200+... but with every stats doubled just like the old Railjack on-foot enemies.

NEW* Insane Hard mode starts from 500+ with every stats doubled just like the old Railjack on-foot enemies.

Level 50 is.... aiyo... not the least hard man. lol

We need about a hundred different difficulty modes so that we never meet anyone in public games.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Xaero said:

We need about a hundred different difficulty modes so that we never meet anyone in public games.

Just solo it. I never mentioned about meeting anyone.

5 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Cosmetics only. If you’re at “Hard Mode” level of play, you don’t need anything mechanical. 

By this logic they could've just stopped adding anything into the game 2 years ago. You don't "need" much to kill every enemy currently available in the game. 

• Like 1

Sounds good, but because enemies were nerfed dramatically, I think we're still not done.

I hate armor scaling as it makes so sense to me to multiply, the MULTIPLIER of the MULTIPLIER of health. Just multiply the health, and DE nerfed health which needed to go higher, not lower.

Revert the health nerf, and maybe even multiply it. I have a post where I go into detail for this. THEN, we'll have a real hard mode. As of rn, level cap enemies simply equal the level 300 from before the scaling nerf.

13 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Ultra hard mode should not be gated by hard mode. I already have done the star chart once and level 70-80 mobs are cake walk. Absolutely do not want to that again. 

Instead of plus 50 and 100, I would make streamline the leveling, so all star chart nods on hard mode and ultra hard mode are equal. I would put hard mode at level 2 sortie and ultra hard move to level 5 level liches, and it scales from there in endless. 

I know that Scott mentioned affinity should be based on enemy level. Please do not change that to lower it. 

None trophy rewards ultra hard mode:

• Credits by default (50K).
  • Rotation A rewards (1 of the following): 1 relic, 900 endo, 50K credits, 600 kuva.
  • Rotation B rewards (1 of the following): 900 kuva, 1,200 endo, 100K credits, riven sliver.
  • Rotation C rewards (1 of the following): 2 riven slivers, 2 relics, 1,200 kuva.

Obliviously, this only covers endless missions. However, rewards should be scaled accordingly while adding kuva.

Another possibility, is to remove Nightmare missions all together, and just add the mods they offer to hard mode and ultra hard mode missions. 

Add the hard mode and ultra hard mode to junctions too. These would be really fun 😄 + good place to put trophies.

Yeah, if throw in riven slivers and kuva I believe this could attract much more players to come and play these higher level missions and stay longer in the endless ones. Something akin to your proposed rotation rewards would be really good, in my opinion.

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb GreyDeath789:

Yes, everything put out by DE will be run by builds that are for 150+ enemies yet the new content won't be 150+ enemies leading to complaints about how easy everything is now...

What? You are aware that people are already doing that without the existance of the hardmode?

Most people are always running with their best builds, with Rivens (which are needed nowhere in the game), with Arcanes and with the best builds for weapons and Warframes.

I know nobody who has different builds for the different planets (with different enemy level) for example,

i have never heard someone say "oh we are just playing on Earth? let me just remove my Arcanes real quick, i wont need them there."

To quote Scott: "this is nothing to replace the LootCaves and the Chill-Warframe-Experience where you chat with friends and stuff".

People either use their best builds in hardmode looking for a challenge trying out the viability of their builds, and then they will take those builds back to easy mode for a chilled experience where you simply farm and grind stuff the easy and relaxed way. TLDR: People are already min-maxing the *** out of their builds without the existance of hard mode, the only difference will be that hardmode will probably provide a place where you actually need it.

• Like 3

By hard you mean...just tanky enemies?  Because at level 100+ you are going to keep them in eternal CC anyway, so their damage will barely matter.

That's not hard.  You just wanna cheese some sponges.

Just....No matter how high enemy level go, tactics are always same past level 120.   And I already have Everything to "beat it" ….And I already know that I can. 

Such mode gives me nothing new. Nothing entertaining. No thrills.   Just a bothersome encounter with no rewards or satisfaction.

Im not interested.  But I cant say no, as implementation of this "feature" will not affect me in any way.  

• Like 1

il y a 41 minutes, DreisterDino a dit :

People are already min-maxing the *** out of their builds without the existance of hard mode, the only difference will be that hardmode will probably provide a place where you actually need it.

I can't wait to binge mr for few hours in hm and very hm in few months :). I'll probably join or make a party to race the stuff :). It should be done in one go. Lots of players can shred lvl150-200 foes like butter.

Edited by Galuf

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GmanM1 said:

So I have the complete the Star Chart to get hard mode

Then, I have to complete the Star Chart in hard mode to get ultra hard mode

Why can't I just choose Ultra Hard Mode from the start?!

I will not re-regrind the Star Chart

From what I heard on the stream, you just have to beat a mission node on hard in order to unlock ultra-hard on that node. Though everything is subject to change, so we should wait. 

They did also say if you complete a planet/region on hard or ultra hard, that they are looking to reward players with a trophy decoration or something else. 

Chaces are you may get a special reward for completing the whole start chart on hard and ultra hard too. 

Edited by (XB1)l Saminator l

Only ways it can go bad is if some other mechanics get added before release that ruin it, people set unnecessary expectations on it (thinking it'll be extremely rewarding or something), or people starting another complaint fiesta about how hard/easy it is (likely both if at all).

I'm just going to be glad to have something to beat on without dealing 10x their max health per shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trst said:

Only ways it can go bad is if some other mechanics get added before release that ruin it, people set unnecessary expectations on it (thinking it'll be extremely rewarding or something), or people starting another complaint fiesta about how hard/easy it is (likely both if at all).

I'm just going to be glad to have something to beat on without dealing 10x their max health per shot.

Bullet sponges aren't that exciting, that's why I am not excited. But you are right, it would be pretty refreshing to play it. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Why my post became a reply? im pretty sure i created a new topic... weird

Staff or moderators merge threads they feel like merging would be fine with. So welcome to this clusterfk of different threads on the same issue. 🙂😅

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)Timidobserver said:

By this logic they could've just stopped adding anything into the game 2 years ago. You don't "need" much to kill every enemy currently available in the game. 

Yup.

Of course, I could see adding mods that only function in Hard Mode, or perhaps are specifically Hard Mode Team focused. But otherwise, what mechanical things does one need if you’re already Hard Mode ready?

What’s needed is a marker that says “I play hard mode,” and cosmetics are the answer.