Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback/Discussion on the deluxe skins shown on devstream

GPrime96

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Will have to double check the dev-vod when I get home. Deluxe skins have been a bit hit and miss with me but from the pics in this thread its looking like a solid miss and knora is my favorite frame. *sigh*

Same, I was looking forward to her and the kavat skin from her concept art last year but this.... yeah they didn't even try.  Like.... really a beer gut?!  Unless they make serious changes this will not look good.

Ash deluxe I never liked the look of, it's just a bad looking Scorpion rip-off.

Garuda... ehh that one is ok.  Too bad she's underused.

Edited by Hawk1911
  • Like 7

of the recent deluxe skins, i thought excalibur's was pretty cool. the ones they showed in the homestream today were really off-putting for me. garuda looks anorexic, which could fit with the vampire theme but it just looks unattractively skeletal to me.

khora's proportions are all wrong. probably a limitation of the skeleton but the 3d model's proportions look nothing like the concept art. it really needs a remodel or at least some adjustments around the neck + shoulder area and maybe the head size too.

Edited by Shy0
typo
  • Like 5

The Liger / Khora design is meant to look like a Japanese Kimono. It really does look the part and is kinda cute once you get used to it but I can understand the proportions is not agreeable to most palates. 

Kimono Dress Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

I like the Ash! he reminds me of Assassin's Creed in that color scheme. 
Or Tal Cressa ❤️ I love the Grineer hood look and wear something similar IRL 🙂

• Like 1

I personally love the Khora Deluxe, it´s the Ash and Garuda skins that I am not too impressed by.

Failed to mention I am already not liking the general design of those two ´frames, but that is my own opinion. Ash Deluxe doesn´t look bad, but could be improved, meanwhile I simply dislike how skinny Garuda looks, even though the overall is very detailed. 

Edited by Lelinyth
  • Like 2

I think the problem with Khora at least is that the frills at the top of the leggings sorta merge into the top of her thighs and it's throwing everything off? 

I dunno something is really uncanny valley weird about the interaction in that general region. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

...  to me it seems like deluxe skins lately are getting put in the wrong boxes.  Ivara Deluxe looks like it should be a khora skin, and the khora skin looks like Octavia Deluxe to me.   I'm indifferent on the others.

Edited by Eluminary
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

She went from "Blood Maiden" to "Eating disorder" in one swoop.

Pretty sure the Deluxe theme they were going for is Glorification of Eating Disorders.

Look at Ash, He want from Buff Assassin Super hero - To Bulemic Teenager. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

ZUx1IS1.jpg

This looks a lot worse to me. Doesn't the ingame version look like it has waaay different proportions?

OMG! Is that an alien chicken or what? Thin long neck, big belly and thin long legs.... omg!

Can the 3D artists not follow the 2D drawing blindly and adjust the proportion acordingly? omg!

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Laxmibai said:

The Liger / Khora design is meant to look like a Japanese Kimono. It really does look the part and is kinda cute once you get used to it but I can understand the proportions is not agreeable to most palates. 

Kimono Dress Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

I like the Ash! he reminds me of Assassin's Creed in that color scheme. 
Or Tal Cressa ❤️ I love the Grineer hood look and wear something similar IRL 🙂

At no point does the Khora skin look like someone in a kimono.  I don't know how your getting that image but I'm sorry but you're way off.

Khora skin oddly long neck, short short skirt that doesn't look right, beer gut.  Nothing looks even remotely similar to a Japanese Kimono or performer.

• Like 3

You know what? I actually do like the khora deluxe skin. Im sad that they lowered the amount of flowers on her chest. Yeah her neck is a bit skinny but that can be adjusted.

and I don't really mind the pear shape she's got going on. I like her animation too. I think that people are being a little too critical of her.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277
  • Like 3

After actually seeing the pictures, I dont think they're bad at all. Actually pretty awesome. 

After some experience with the fine people of these forums, I'm pretty sure most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about anyways lol.

I cant wait to buy them all.

• Like 2