Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mods And The Table

nekrojiji

What i've noticed:

There are 4~5 good mods and the rest is just to f..k with us. (a.k.a. to fill the table with crap)

More, the corupted mod for pistol is wrong. You spend as much energy to upgrade it as Hornet Strike but the reward is far less powerfull.

Edited by nekrojiji

What i've noticed:

There are 4~5 good mods and the rest is just to f..k with us. (a.k.a. to fill the table with crap)

More, the corupted mod for pistol is wrong. You spend as much energy to upgrade it as Hornet Strike but the reward is far less powerfull.

Duh?  Do you really think they'd let us have another 220% damage on pistols?

um...

no, the new cmods are awesome

Eh most of them are pretty bad.

Burdened magazine: Again, magazine capacity isn't really worth a mod slot.

Tainted clip: Why bother when there's ice storm?

Spoiled strike: Only the heavy melee weapons could really benefit from this, but attack speed is pretty important since they're slow enough as is.  It's kind of hard to fit this into a charge damage build too (especially on the galatine since you'll be crit building it too).

Tainted mag: To begin with there's very little reason to use mag capacity on most guns, and wildfire is straight up better.

Vile Precision: Recoil is very manageable in this game, more damage is always better than wasting time to reduce something that is easy to deal with.

Tainted Shell:  Reducing dps for better accuracy on a shotgun?  Not worth it at all.

Hollow point: Reducing damage so you can have more crit damage? eh?

Edited by Aggh

Duh?  Do you really think they'd let us have another 220% damage on pistols?

I don't know, maybe 110%, or decrease the levels, or something .... it needs the same amount of credits and mods to level up but it's ~3 times less powerfull.

The other "Seration" is the same as the original one. 

More, the corrupted mod has a debuff too.

Edited by nekrojiji

I don't know, maybe 110%, or decrease the levels, or something .... it needs the same amount of credits and mods to level up but it's ~3 times less powerfull.

That's not the point. It's not supposed to be used INSTEAD of Hornet Strike, its to be used in addition IF you CHOOSE to push your damage the extra mile. They are not mods for the general casual public, they are very specific niche mods for people who are min/maxing to the very last mod point.

Spoiled strike: Only the heavy melee weapons could really benefit from this, but attack speed is pretty important since they're slow enough as is.  It's kind of hard to fit this into a charge damage build too (especially on the galatine since you'll be crit building it too).

Spoiled strike affects normal attack damage and speed; you must be thinking of Corrupt Charge. Either way, both are useful on the right weapons. Spoiled strike is great on normally fast-attacking weapons, especially Dual Ichor and Fang Prime. Corrupt Charge is nice on Orthos Prime and Glaive, which don't face much of a charge speed penalty anyway.

Edited by Xuande

What i've noticed:

I have to agreed with you on the 10 slot, having the same slot than the hornet strike but with a debuff, is just more of a grind thing to keep the ones who want to use it busy, i think it was better conceived, if the total damage was 110% with 5 slot upgrade than this ridiculous 10 slot wich suffer from the same time/effort to upgrade like Hornet strike/serration, but far less usefull if used in high recoil weapons.

In my opinion this is just another thing to keep us busy, more grind oriented, im sad bc most of the mods have 10 slots, wich is a waste, they could work with less % on buff vs debuff, and make this mods (or some of them) viable to use with the others without making forma a must have on most frames.

I have the luck to play enough time to have some formed frames, so is just a question of choice, but people that started now, to use most of the new mods/corrupted mods with 10 slots (most of them) with the ones already "required" to play, will create a huge grind fest before they can enjoy any of the choices presented, and trough this is a grind oriented game, wich of course should exist, a grind of this level should never be forced on players, and if someone had the trouble of look at the server logs, they already had reached to this conclusion.

Dont take me wrong, i have lots of fun playing warframe, but im worried this may be a one way road.

Spoiled strike affects normal attack damage and speed; you must be thinking of Corrupt Charge. Either way, both are useful on the right weapons. Spoiled strike is great on normally fast-attacking weapons, especially Dual Ichor and Fang Prime. Corrupt Charge is nice on Orthos Prime and Glaive, which don't face much of a charge speed penalty anyway.

Attack speed affects how fast the swing of the charge attack is.  That's why you still put a fury on a galatine even on a charge attack build.

And why would you want to hurt the main advantage of fast attacking weapons for a bit more damage?  There are plenty of mods that give just about as much damage at that same energy cost without losing you attack speed.

Edited by Aggh

Attack speed affects how fast the swing of the charge attack is.  That's why you still put a fury on a galatine even on a charge attack build.

And why would you want to hurt the main advantage of fast attacking weapons for a bit more damage?  There are plenty of mods that give just about as much damage at that same energy cost without losing you attack speed.

I know attack speed affects the charge attack's animation, but why would you use Spoiled Strike (which does not boost charge damage) on a charge attack melee weapon anyway?

Spoiled Strike boosts damage more than it penalizes attack speed. On weapons that are fast to begin with, the decrease in attack speed is negligible compared to the increase in damage. 

EDIT: I just realized that you think Spoiled Strike affects both charge and normal damage. It only affects normal damage and DE really needs to fix the mod description.

Edited by Xuande

Tainted Shell:  Reducing dps for better accuracy on a shotgun?  Not worth it at all.

Hollow point: Reducing damage so you can have more crit damage? eh?

Not agree , Tainted Shell is so great and saving the Boar prime.

Hollow point with vasto is quiet gd.

the worst non-mag. C.mod is rifle crit chance, 40% is so less, only affect 2-8% crit