Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of rewards qualify as "end-game"?

MorteNexus13

6 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Kuva, umbra, rivens, riven slivers (I havent even started lich idk what it is), Radiant relics like ESO......pl...plat....

Honestly I'd rather not see radiant relics. I'd hate to be forced into low level content just to get relics where I need the bronze roll. Radiant rewards would work if they add a system that lets us empty relics of their void traces, simply draining them to intact and getting nothing in return for doing so would work perfectly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

end gaem reward: cosmetic that isn't obtainable in any other way and it's cool 
a number of different ones to be exact 

Cool is subjective man lol.

Most of the armor and accessories in this game, even though I love it....look too bulky. Like Operator styles and those terrible chest and shoulder pieces people put on. And the skins...

Like Saryns designs all have that ridiculous shoulder neck blade things. I love Saryn but she needs a more slimed down modern look.

I bought some cosmetics with plat but I dont want to run content for cosmetics only at least.

• Like 1

Have a point system similar to arbi's.  For each mission you get credits, but not too many.  This gives the harder mode re-playability as you'll want to grind those credits.

You then have a store somewhere at which you exchange the credits for an item of your choice.  That way you can have cosmetics which are one and done, but you can also have evergreen rewards like forma, kuva, endo, traces, universal medallions, amber stars, riven silvers etc.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Honestly I'd rather not see radiant relics. I'd hate to be forced into low level content just to get relics where I need the bronze roll. Radiant rewards would work if they add a system that lets us empty relics of their void traces, simply draining them to intact and getting nothing in return for doing so would work perfectly.

Going to add that if rivens are on the table for rewards, that instead we get slivers. For those that might reach riven storage 'cap' but still want rewards.  (Otherwise it would work like sorties, get +1 over your cap and you can't play).

I like the idea quoted here too. 

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

Going to add that if rivens are on the table for rewards, that instead we get slivers. For those that might reach riven storage 'cap' but still want rewards.  (Otherwise it would work like sorties, get +1 over your cap and you can't play).

I like the idea quoted here too. 

Indeed, possibly even a different sliver for a different vendor without the weekly limit of one. They could just make it a completely new drop, a simple riven token where you trade 1:1 just to avoid the possible problems of a riven limit. Then they can go and add that same token to sorties, which would solve the problem there aswell.

IMO in order to have a satisfying reward you need something to differ you from other players, in warframe we all get the same thing ( except rivens and rj parts ) based on how much we play, same frame which we can mod in the same way, play that amount of time = that amount of kuva and endo and w/e

i find PoE ( the game ) to be the best when it comes to reward: huge number of various stats allowing you to build differently from other players and also have a sense of progression

But wf community doesnt want that, people want the same thing for everybody

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Indeed, possibly even a different sliver for a different vendor without the weekly limit of one. They could just make it a completely new drop, a simple riven token where you trade 1:1 just to avoid the possible problems of a riven limit. Then they can go and add that same token to sorties, which would solve the problem there aswell.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Lenti said:

But wf community doesnt want that, people want the same thing for everybody

TLDR: Path of Exile (PoE the game) is designed around the RNG stats, and its crafting system is built around it to help alleviate the RNG. Warframe is not and such a system shouldn't be shoe-horned in because it works for something else that was designed around it. 

The issue with varied stats would make what little true balance/foundation that Warframe has a mess.

You get titania prime access, I get it. Yet we both get different stats (or even worse, forced max stats, making it direct pay to win). 

The thing is too, in a game that has hundreds/thousands of weapons (borderlands) and pieces of gear, there is still going to be a 'meta' for different builds, and there are only so many variations of a build.

Borderlands 2 (the one i have most experience with) has 6 classes, each with about 4-5 builds. So about 30 (max) classes/sub-classes there, whereas Warframe has 35 (as of now). 

The difference is, warframe uses the same mods across all frames/weapons, which limits how they can differentiate some builds.

Personally, I'd have stats (strength, duration etc.) have different thresholds (as a start) to change how certain abilities work. A simple example. Ember's #1, when charged with 150% PS would shoot 3 fireballs instead of 1. (Now think of the possibilities of customisation/uniqueness if each frame had different thresholds for different stats that changed how their abilities worked, and also factored in augments when used). There's your variety. But that's a massive undertaking, and adding RNG randomness (which in most cases is a waste of time if the stats on your 'new loot' is less than what you currently have), is a bad idea in a game not designed around it.

Because RJ is isolated and the gear you get from there effects your railjack only, it's basically its own separate entity, a game within a game. As such, it works for RJ, but it wouldn't work for the rest of Warframe. A great example of that is Kuva Liches and their weapons. My above example of prime access giving you max stats immediately, since you paid money, would need to be a thing - imagine paying upwards of $150 for a less than max rolled item, I can see the pitchforks from here.

So again, it works in RJ - but KL has shown it wouldn't work for the rest of the game.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

TLDR: Path of Exile (PoE the game) is designed around the RNG stats, and its crafting system is built around it to help alleviate the RNG. Warframe is not and such a system shouldn't be shoe-horned in because it works for something else that was designed around it.

You get titania prime access, I get it. Yet we both get different stats (or even worse, forced max stats, making it direct pay to win).

i wasnt referring to poe for its rngisus part, but for its variety, various stats means more things to upgrade, and imo thats what a good reward is, something which gives u the feeling of improvement

i would never suggest different stats for weapons or frames, those should be the same for everybody. i was referring to the mod system, and obviously DE considered this to with the rivens and ama mods

1 hour ago, Lenti said:

i wasnt referring to poe for its rngisus part, but for its variety, various stats means more things to upgrade, and imo thats what a good reward is, something which gives u the feeling of improvement

i would never suggest different stats for weapons or frames, those should be the same for everybody. i was referring to the mod system, and obviously DE considered this to with the rivens and ama mods

They could always reintroduce "arcane helmets" in WF but as full suits of armor and weapons (that we can turn off the visuals for or use other cosmetics to cover them). All with random stat combinations. The problem is just that we dont need more power, but if DE can give us more challenging content it would be an option atleast to make it more diverse and more looter shootery when it comes to the loot hunt. Or in the case they release a specific system for endgame they could introduce weapons and armors with stat options tailored and needed for that content. Much like how GW2 had a lite version of such a system in their Fractals of the Mist.

15 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Cool is subjective man lol.

True. That said for the completionists and collectors it wouldn't matter.
Also no matter how ugly it is, if it proves a point (you did a lv10k mission for example) it will also be "cool".
It has to be something hard to get, not a mod/arcane you can buy or something like that. The second nightwave for example the operator suit. They will make it available again possibly but for now it's a "rare" item unobtainable for someone who didn't do the thing and it can't be traded - aka it shows you did some kind of "challenge" and you can show it.
I mean this kinds of rewards, a rare cosmetic, a very rare weapon(that can't be traded).If it's the same kind of rewards as till now...it will not be very interesting.Yes I will play it for a couple of hours but it will be the same thing if the rewards aren't made very rare and hard to get and most importantly - untradable .

• Like 1

Possible Endgame rewards;
All kinds of decorations (might need a bigger housing system than what we have now, to showcase it. The bigger the house/spaceship, the longer it takes, till you stop wanting more decorations).
Adding more incentive and options to meet other players outside fast paced missions, would make all kinds of items that can be used for that more desireable. Imagine Fortuna or Cetus or actual open worlds with more players, with player shops, small houses, restaurants, or customizeable vehicles. Not necessarily what I personally want from Warframe, but it would add a lot of things you could add as rewards, that wouldn´t impact actual gameplay and sidestep balancing issues. 
Items for collections (Posters, small figurines). 
Fashion - frame rewards. 
Peculiar Mods.
"Optic sidegrades", that can be used to change the appearance of weapons, sentinels or Warframe Abilities. (Install it in Frost and your Snowglobe looks like its made out of fire, or energy, or a swirling vortex of water.) -> Adds a lot more visual customization, without changing anything that needs balancing.

Obviously, if there are modes, that can be considered endgame, then there are always ways to add things, that make you better at that specific mode. 

Tl;dr;
Endgame rewards won`t last very long, if they just make you stronger or give you a new cool look, and then becomes deadweight anytime you hit it again as a reward.
You farm it, then you hit the new plateau.
If you want Endgame rewards that you still want to farm after you already have them a few times, years from now, you need other things, than just something, that gives us more damage.    

Why not add parts for new wraith and vandal weapons to the reward pool on certain missions. There's a lot of weapons that still needs a wraith/vandal variant like the Sobek, Harpak, Convectrix, Flux Rifle etc. so I see this as a opportunity to implement them into the game.

Each variant you would only get on a planet with in corresponding faction. Depending on how many weapons they add lets say 3 wraiths and 3 vandals, the parts can be distributed over the planets the faction controls. Since the Grineer and Corpus each control 6 planets (I excluded Lua and Kuva Fort) this would work pretty well.

Don't know about Eris though, maybe do the same and add a Mutalist variant of a weapon for that planet.

Well I can list a few things that make the mode worthwhile.

Resources in these missions drops twice as much and resource drop chance are doubled, stacks with boosters. Also Rare and Reinforced Crates have a massively increased chance of spawning.

1. Umbra Forma Blueprint.

2. Riven Slivers.

3. Large Credit Caches (150k or more). You never know when Baro brings something that will deplete your credits *cough* Pedestal Prime *Cough*.

4. Radiant Relics.

Endo? Let it be Arbitrations exclusive because that is the primary reward for the mode and the reason why you play it in the first place.

On 2020-05-10 at 6:07 AM, MorteNexus13 said:

For me, Kuva, Riven Mods/Slivers and Arcanes qualify as such and it would be great if they were rewards from the Ultra Hardmode. And then they are radiant relics, some rare mods and endo (because not everyone, including me, has maximized all rank 10 rare and legendary mods, and DE will surely release more primed mods).

A “Thank You” from a mr1 for telling him how to upgrade a mod

• Like 2

Umbral forma, and more regular forma, are the only things I tend to care about anymore. Decor and more room for decor would be nice I guess.

Always seem to be at riven cap even with giving away riven, and don't really need riven anyway. Credits are laughable. Endo is a non issue unless they release a bunch of primed mods/ umbral mods. Relics would just get lost in the piles of thousands of vaulted relics I have.