Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else Feel Sleepy doing Earth Defense?

xxswatelitexx

Something about the map which causes so many pathing issues and enemies trickling in - it is sleep inducing. While you have to hunt around for straggelers making each wave painfully longer than it has to be. When you had Map Clearing banshee \ Ash \ Ember \ Mirage it wasn't an issue. Now the Great Warframe gods have all died, Now the map really is starting to show its age. 

The best Defense maps are probably Sedna \ Saturn. 

The most annoying Defense map hands down is the Roving Defense of Uranus.

What's everyone elses opinions?

Edited by xxswatelitexx
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, ant99999 said:

Anyone else feel sleepy doing any Warframe content?

more than an hour makes me feel like this on most cases. Defenses I had to froce myself past 20 waves. My signature movement when I fall asleep on missions is holding W and pressng E against a wall, then I wake up and run for the extraction.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Diavoros:

Earth defense tileset has enemy spawns too far away from objective so they take a good while to reach, and thus making every wave longer >_> 

That. And the problem that even the map is more dangerous than the enemies.

• Like 1

I'm a sicko who actually -likes- defense missions generally, but Earth defense even I avoid.    Same deal with the Mars version.

Spawns points are too far away, but worse, spawns are especially prone to getting stuck on features.    The Corpus Outpost map has spawn points that are even further out, but isn't nearly as unpleasant.

I have temporarily fallen asleep a number of times because I use Warframe to decompress and relax...my business is considered essential and so my workload has only increased with all the challenges the shutdown has presented.

So to all the SS PUGs that suddenly saw that “Shock Trooper” Volt Prime repeatedly run to the edge of the map for no reason a half-dozen times...I apologize.

• Like 1

Yeah the earth defense and the mars defense are both awful. 

But do you know what is worse for me? Literally any excavation mission solo. The spawns are so just so low it's borderline unplayable at times.

Edited by nickelshark

I hate defense, survival, interception, defection, excavation and infested salvage so much, no language in the universe across any of the infinite numbers of alternate universes in theoretical existence have a means to describe it. Yet it feels like whenever there's some kind of syndicate mission, alert or something, it'll always default to the first three. I so, so very much want them reworked. Biggest snoozefest of all time. Slow, unrewarding and not fun in itself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

I hate defense, survival, interception, defection, excavation and infested salvage so much, no language in the universe across any of the infinite numbers of alternate universes in theoretical existence have a means to describe it. Yet it feels like whenever there's some kind of syndicate mission, alert or something, it'll always default to the first three. I so, so very much want them reworked. Biggest snoozefest of all time. Slow, unrewarding and not fun in itself.

I’ve had some pretty crazy experiences with those modes. What makes them a snoozefest?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’ve had some pretty crazy experiences with those modes. What do you have equipped to make it a snoozefest?

Whatever's most efficient for each mode. A nova to speed things up or a saryn/octavia to kill faster basically automatically, a frost to cover all interception nodes, a nova to slow defection enemies, frost/limbo/gara to cover excavators, slash+fire+gas melee+frost for infested salvage, stuff like that. Even then, it's not entertaining in the slightest. Should I take anything less optimized, it's much worse than it is already, because on top of being unchallenging and boring it's also crawling even more.

By comparison, disruption is the king for actually being fast if you have skill, rewarding endless runs and keeping you on your toes. That's how endless modes are done.

Yes, i actually fell asleep once in Earth's defence, but i was really tired too, so it's not necessarily 100% boredom, but also tiredness. I woke up to extraction screen, apparently everyone wanted to extract and were waiting for me, so i clicked on "extract".

Part of this was, by the way, a bunch of crowd-control frames standing in the middle of the map killing everything, The Old Gods, and i was on Chroma, i was standing there too, buffing them with some stupid health buff, i didn't know what else i could do to help, then at some point i fell asleep.

I wish they would do difficulty selector, so i could choose to start from level 80 or 120, i don't know. I really like Earth tileset too, too bad mobs there are too weak to play with any mods installed.

Edited by 32768