Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vnorberto

Mastery restraint is a must!

I saw MR 3 several times in a Railjack missions.
I would like certain parts of the game to be restricted to Mastery levels because lower level players often block the game. They go into places where they shouldn’t be free yet and if there is no one to help them they don’t know what is allowed and my number already has help with the game.
Under MR 10, I would ban them from the Open World Tracks and the Railjack quest for sure and other missions as well.
I understand that they are beginners, but that they do not read or look in the way of things or that they do not see that the higher level.

Sorry, but I would also do this for their benefit, for the benefit of the other players who are obstructed by their ignorance!

As of now, there isn't much you can do. I agree with you though. They don't know what they are doing. Some of them just spammed the super battle avionics that eat up 100 flux energy, don't know anything about flux energy but it looks cool, so spam more thinking that they are actually helping out. Then another went to pilot my railjack while I was in the gunner's seat aiming at a crewship.

I gave up and aborted the mission. Now I fly with no super battle avionics installed, but I still got no solution to the one where they just take over the pilot seat.

MR 10? I'd say at the least MR 6-7 since the fact they will finally get to the point of the Second Dream and War Within quest. I see those as an apporiate restrictions for rail jack. Open world...? No they should given for everyone I don't see a point for the Open World tracks.

Odd, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out Railjack when I was about MR4 or so.  Now MR 12, 7/8/8/8 for intrinsics.

it does not take much to use the push to talk key and tell them what needs to be done all of 30 seconds.  After that you have a fully working crew mate.

8 minutes ago, vnorberto said:

... They go into places where they shouldn’t be ...

Sorry, but I would also do this for their benefit, for the benefit of the other players who are obstructed by their ignorance!

I am glad you don't get to decide that and DE does.

As for 'doing them a favor', restricting them is not teaching them, it's just allowing elitists to more easily ignore/avoid them, IMO.

I don't like to play games sometimes with beginners, it's why I solo and don't PUG.

You have options to avoid these players that do not involve cutting them out of content, just because you think you know better, since you are such a better player, you should learn what your options are, IMO, rather than restricting the options of others.

The trouble is that under MR 10 you don’t have a built in weapon or your character isn’t that archwing

1 minute ago, vnorberto said:

The trouble is that under MR 10 you don’t have a built in weapon or your character isn’t that archwing

A built in weapon... a character isnt that archwing...

I'm guessing you mean spoiler mode and... that you don't have an archwing before MR10? If so, you can't access railjack anyways without an archwing, if I'm not mistaken.

To be fair there are MR20+s who don't know what they are doing either. Plenty. Maybe it's more likely to be the case at MR3, but idiocy doesn't care about MR and at least low MR players have inexperience as an excuse. A better indicator is hours played and perhaps, if there would be a lock out mechanic (which there never will be), it should start unlocking new areas of the game after a certain amount of hours was spent in missions - actually playing the game instead of having a barely used account for years.

But yeah, try switching your region to a different universe where that actually could happen because this one isn't it.

9 minutes ago, vnorberto said:

This is not true. You should have an archwing by the time you hit MR3. What might be better is limiting when you can do Railjack missions. Like you can't do Railjack until after the War Within quest. Something along that nature. It is high level enemies.

I hate using it but; MR is a poor indicator of skill and knowledge.  Players shouldn't get locked out of content based on that number.  

At best, short quests or tutorials when they access new content that shunts them into a solo instance.  At worst, just make you're own team.

Mr 28 and 10/10/10/10 intrinsics. Only Rj missions I've ran were Scarlet Spear for intrinsic farm. MR means nothing. 

I don't see how gating it behind a higher MR rank would solve anything. People need to run around a bit in new missions before they learn what to do, or get some guidance from veteran players. If people ignore that guidance then what help is a high MR?

Besides, Saturn is locked behind unlocking a level 3 intrinsic and Proxima behind 7. At level 7 I don't think you can say that a lack of experience is the problem.

The point is that under Mr 10 they can’t help with certain missions and they’re more of a hindrance. Many don’t even have the basics but are already jumping into missions they shouldn’t have yet.
Don’t tell me anyone would like to see a player under Mr 10 on a higher level quest. Let’s say you limit it to MR below 8 levels because you really don’t have normally built things to withstand a larger mission. Void fissure missions also come many times who don't even have missions on the planets but just take them in. They only stay for a short time and you don't farm anything during it.

Just now, vnorberto said:

The point is that under Mr 10 they can’t help with certain missions and they’re more of a hindrance. 

I'm MR 8, and I have a fully decked out railjack and maxed intrinsics with rivens clogging my inventory. You are dead wrong.

1 minute ago, kamisama85 said:

I'm MR 8, and I have a fully decked out railjack and maxed intrinsics with rivens clogging my inventory. You are dead wrong.

Yeah seriously.  I'm MR 19 and I'd be his worst nightmare ally, no clue what's going on, not properly equipped or modded, no idea what I'm doing.

MR means nothing in this game. 

It's also interesting as a founder if you have a small level or believe you have things that someone else will never do, but you don't deal with the game. For many, it's a pain.

Railjack is a poor argument for this, since basically everyone starts from Scratch, regardless of your MR.

Even player skills when it comes to flying and operating Railjack are something we all have to learn from scratch.

I've seen low MR players who are excellent pilots/gunners/whatnot and have their ship fully kitted, even before this revised update.

A Mr5 or whatever player is at the same level as a Mr29, aside of course associated ground activities/POIs.

DE's not going to do that. I can name a few reasons why they won't, but it's Sunday, I just had a great brunch and I don't feel like getting into some pointless debate on the internet.

I don't like PUGs either, I mistakenly left my game set to Public and I played a RJ mission where one guy stood at the front viewport the entire mission and fired his Braton at enemy ships outside. You would think after a minute or two he'd have realized that it doesn't do anything, but no. 

So, don't play with the game set to Public.  Play with friends only or play solo.

56 minutes ago, vnorberto said:

I saw MR 3 several times in a Railjack missions.
I would like certain parts of the game to be restricted to Mastery levels because lower level players often block the game. They go into places where they shouldn’t be free yet and if there is no one to help them they don’t know what is allowed and my number already has help with the game.

That's the minimum level required to enter this content. If they did the quests and built their railjacks then who are you to deny them access to the content they've worked to unlock? 

Under MR 10, I would ban them from the Open World Tracks and the Railjack quest for sure and other missions as well.
I understand that they are beginners, but that they do not read or look in the way of things or that they do not see that the higher level.

Thank god you aren't involved in what content gets gated then. Maybe because you're labeled as a partner, I hold you to a higher standard by default, but this is honestly ridiculous. 

This is really poor logic, People in your chat told me that you were just upset about them ruining your farming. It's really petty, and it's pretty shameful to see a warframe "partner" act like that, and trying to use the forums to push their point of view. That's the real ignorance here in my opinion. 

20 minutes ago, vnorberto said:

The point is that under Mr 10 they can’t help with certain missions and they’re more of a hindrance. Many don’t even have the basics but are already jumping into missions they shouldn’t have yet.
Don’t tell me anyone would like to see a player under Mr 10 on a higher level quest. Let’s say you limit it to MR below 8 levels because you really don’t have normally built things to withstand a larger mission. Void fissure missions also come many times who don't even have missions on the planets but just take them in. They only stay for a short time and you don't farm anything during it.

No, this isn't a point at all. You know why? Because all you're going to do is lock people out of content, and by the time that they CAN get to it, they still won't know what they're doing and it's going to create the same problem you're complaining about now. You literally solve nothing by doing this, all you're going to be doing is shifting the line from rank 3s not knowing what to do, to rank 10s not knowing what to do. Mastery is not an indicator of experience in this game. People aren't born knowing every single thing about a video game, and not everyone catches on as fast or slowly as everyone else. I've seen plenty of lower ranked players blow mr25+ people out of the water and near max players not know some of the most basic stuff in the game. 

41 minutes ago, vnorberto said:

This is the furthest thing from the truth if I understand what you're saying. 

Should there be more of a gating? Sure, it wouldn't be a horrible idea. Something like unlocking all the nodes and junctions on the planet that the RJ missions are tied to would work as more of a gate than what you're suggesting. 

But by all means, keep suggesting we lock people out of content so they can be made fun of and ridiculed by similar elitist attitudes later on instead.

At least for railjack, there is a different argument you can make. Have a compulsory step-by-step tutorial with a blank railjack, a single fighter, a single crewship and a single alternate objective that need to be done to join a railjack mission. The enemies don't deal damage to your blank railjack, they just move as they normally would. Then after every step you make, the next step is to be initiated automatically. For instance:

1.  Enter railjack tutorial
  2. Mission marker to pilot seat, tell them to sit down in it and take it for a ride. Upon exiting the seat, lock it so they can't sit down in it again and spawn a fighter.
  3. Mission marker to sideguns. Make the railjack spin around wildly on its own and let them try to hit the fighter that way, to show them that vodka piloting is bad.
  4. Once the fighter is dead, spawn a crewship in and tell them to board it. If they decide to shoot at it - let them. They'll realize it won't destroy it eventually. Maybe tell them about the engines.
  5. etc

This is the kind of stuff that the game is missing. I would not dare to blame the new players for pressing a shiny button for something potentially cool that they have access to. Maybe they came to the game for railjack specifically (as some updates cause people to do) and really want to have a go at it immediately. No need to turn them away. Just guide them gently into it.

1 hour ago, vnorberto said:

Under MR 10, I would ban them from the Open World Tracks

You do realize that Saya's Vigil is a requirement for a junction, and requires doing a bounty on PoE, right? Limiting PoE to MR10 would literally make it impossible to progress in the game.

Perhaps there should be an MR requirement equal to the intrinsics requirements for each RJ area. That way, only players with (presumably) good enough gear to handle the area can join.

I think there is truth that I have written may not be all but it is certain that certain missions need MR level restrictions because the ignorance of the players, their non-occupation with the game will ruin the game! Ash and Wukong were also spoiled by the players' ignorance.