Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vnorberto

Mastery restraint is a must!

damn any topic MR related brings the brightest minds of this forum into action

WF really feels like a communist house party doesnt it? being the only online game out there locking certain items behind something

just the idea that people who still decide which classic color looks better to be somehow restricted from what was advertised to be end game content is just preposterous

Imagine small indie games like WoW L2 GW2 locking end game dungeons and items behind a communist level system not allowing new people to experience them

there is literally NO difference in their mission impact between a MR 3 and a MR 23, 2000 hours give or take in a game doesnt mean anything

I see it's time for some freshly popped

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

This has nothing to do with MR. Your issue is that you don't like playing with new / inexperienced players, which won't be solved by restricting access to the mission. The only ways to avoid this issue is by playing off of public mode, having a tutorial for the game mode, or by teaching them yourself. You can't blame people for not knowing what they're doing when it's their first time doing the mission. Everyone learns at different paces, and if you aren't willing to teach them, that's fine. Just don't be upset when they don't know anything. This is an issue people complain about in all kinds of content, where the same things apply. Warframe's tutorial barely scratches the surface, due to the size and complexity of the game. And that's worked for it, so long as the veterans are willing to teach the newcomers. 

MR is meaningless,  I've picked up low level MR players in RJ missions and had them carry more weight than quite a few people I have played with that had much higher MR numbers.  Perhaps - like me- they just detest taking the tests.  Or they may be like my buddy who's a level 28 on Xbox and now working his way up through things on the switch.   

At most, I would support, hesitantly, allowing the RJ owner to set a MR level restriction for their own RJ. So you can prevent lower level randos from joining on you if you want.  Still think that would be a mistake on your part. but thats just me. I'd rather get a low level person in who was hungry and pushing their limits, and help that person, than to block them out. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

I had experience with Empyrean on PC before I played it on Console, and my PC account is MR8.

Yeah, that's a good argument for not making high MR requirements. I myself have considered jumping to console to play with friends with little intention of actively grinding past 4 or so.

On 2020-05-10 at 3:11 PM, Smilingdeath said:

Odd, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out Railjack when I was about MR4 or so.  Now MR 12, 7/8/8/8 for intrinsics.

it does not take much to use the push to talk key and tell them what needs to be done all of 30 seconds.  After that you have a fully working crew mate.

Most people do not use coms of any kind especially with pugs.  Console players don't have the option of push to talk at all.

Players even on pc are not going to use discord with pugs and having an open mic is a nightmare.

More often then not prople try yo bum rush through and ignore eachother. Often relying on visual ques and hoping the pugs are not completely brain dead. 

Or form premade groups.

On 2020-05-11 at 6:47 AM, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Then people won’t get anywhere in this game, gotta put in the effort to play tougher content.

I have this attitude and I am MR11 moving through the game just fine, so your POV is demostrably false.

This whole idea is basically gamers getting good at a game w/o restictions turning on the rest of the players to tell them no, you have to do it our way, not DEs way.

Kind of like people getting to the top of thier field and then changing the syste to prevent others from doing so, IMO.

Just another example of controlling elitists trying to make other people do thier bidding.

19 hours ago, Lenti said:

damn any topic MR related brings the brightest minds of this forum into action

WF really feels like a communist house party doesnt it? being the only online game out there locking certain items behind something

just the idea that people who still decide which classic color looks better to be somehow restricted from what was advertised to be end game content is just preposterous

Imagine small indie games like WoW L2 GW2 locking end game dungeons and items behind a communist level system not allowing new people to experience them

there is literally NO difference in their mission impact between a MR 3 and a MR 23, 2000 hours give or take in a game doesnt mean anything

This is a game for entertainment, not a tiered society created to sustain the population.

Equating entertainment to government rule is just silly.

So, do you all want to prevent people from seeing Mega Movie Part 2 who have not seen part 1?

Imagine a game (comapany) willing to provide an alternative to the bland and boring landscape of 'progression raiding' that IMO this all really boils down to ... the ability for players to be able to gate the content because they think they have to 'carry' or 'allow' other players to get to that content.

Imagine creating a live game that you can just jump into and play as long or as little as you like, without having to deal with gamers who think they are better than other players.

On 2020-05-10 at 1:47 PM, 3rdpig said:

....I mistakenly left my game set to Public and I played a RJ mission where one guy stood at the front viewport the entire mission and fired his Braton at enemy ships outside....

OMG, ROFLMAO. That's the funniest thing I've seen on the internet this week (and I IMGUR!) Thank you, sir!