Did we have grenades?

Good day all,

Back when I first started playing Warframe, I seem to remember throwing grenades

My memory might be off tho, I wonder if anyone else can tell me if we ever had grenades at all in this game

I mean for us to use, that is not a weapon like Penta or tonkor, I mean like aside from weapons

an actual grenade, that we could throw

thanks in advance

Martin

We never had grenades. Launchers that fired lobbed explosives, yes. Vauban who throws balls, various other specter summoning balls. But not grenades.

Closest thing we've had to grenades were the Talons, and the variants of. Remote grenades you throw like the standard throwing knives. You can only have a few of them out between detonations, but they do work quite nicely.

We had Tesla grenades (that used to be Vauban's first power).

But no one remembers using Tesla grenades because nobody used them.

19 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

We had Tesla grenades (that used to be Vauban's first power).

But no one remembers using Tesla grenades because nobody used them.

excuse you but i loved tesla grenades. i'd throw them at other players and turn them into walking storm clouds.

We had no grenades but was also an asked feature. Some frame abilities partially frenades and we have the penta and tonkor which are basically grenade launchers. Simple grenades would be interesting and just slightly need more animating to make grenade throwing animation. Throwing weapons like castanas, plox etc partially nades but those are the closest things to it. 

I am playing the game from the starts of open beta so not sure if the closed beta players have had grenades at all but I guess there weren't any.

51 minutes ago, Podge said:

excuse you but i loved tesla grenades. i'd throw them at other players and turn them into walking storm clouds.

I liked those aswell. Making a living shock troop was fun. The problem was the nades were weak and not scaled at all. I liked them more than what we have now.

Edit: pls merge with the latest.

No. Not at all but I would like grenades at some point actually. It would be nice to mod for them to have status effects, setup for finishers. Endgame mods for grenades could actually have small Warframe effects like Nova 4th or something. We could really have fun with this but DE will never allow it. 

Archived