Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double sided polygons not supported for syandanas?

Goosmo

So in one of the techincal guidelines for syandanas, it says that they aren't supported. But looking at cloth based syandanas like the repala syandana, it really looks double sided to me. The cloth mesh is completely flat, with no thickness on the edges. Is there something i don't understand? And does this also count for emissives?

It's not double sided polygons, it's two one-sided identical polygon meshes, that have their normals flipped. Not sure about emissives, but judging by Revenant's emissives, they're fine as is due to transparency. Might be wrong here, never done floating emissives.

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

It's not double sided polygons, it's two one-sided identical polygon meshes, that have their normals flipped. Not sure about emissives, but judging by Revenant's emissives, they're fine as is due to transparency. Might be wrong here, never done floating emissives.

So i basically just have to make a 1 sided poly mesh, duplicate, flip the copy's normals, and then weld them together?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Goosmo said:

So i basically just have to make a 1 sided poly mesh, duplicate, flip the copy's normals, and then weld them together?

Pretty much. I don't even think you need to weld them, they'll be hooked up to the same bones and should bend normally. But you could weld perimeter vertices just in case.

Edited by Vulbjorn

7 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Pretty much. I don't even think you need to weld them, they'll be hooked up to the same bones and should bend normally. But you could weld perimeter vertices just in case.

I see, thanks again.