Jump to content

Double sided polygons not supported for syandanas?


Recommended Posts

So in one of the techincal guidelines for syandanas, it says that they aren't supported. But looking at cloth based syandanas like the repala syandana, it really looks double sided to me. The cloth mesh is completely flat, with no thickness on the edges. Is there something i don't understand? And does this also count for emissives?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not double sided polygons, it's two one-sided identical polygon meshes, that have their normals flipped. Not sure about emissives, but judging by Revenant's emissives, they're fine as is due to transparency. Might be wrong here, never done floating emissives.

Edited by Vulbjorn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

It's not double sided polygons, it's two one-sided identical polygon meshes, that have their normals flipped. Not sure about emissives, but judging by Revenant's emissives, they're fine as is due to transparency. Might be wrong here, never done floating emissives.

So i basically just have to make a 1 sided poly mesh, duplicate, flip the copy's normals, and then weld them together?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Goosmo said:

So i basically just have to make a 1 sided poly mesh, duplicate, flip the copy's normals, and then weld them together?

Pretty much. I don't even think you need to weld them, they'll be hooked up to the same bones and should bend normally. But you could weld perimeter vertices just in case.

 

Edited by Vulbjorn
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vulbjorn said:

Pretty much. I don't even think you need to weld them, they'll be hooked up to the same bones and should bend normally. But you could weld perimeter vertices just in case.

 

I see, thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...