Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apex legends' new season quest sounds like something that would be cool to add for night wave after glass-maker

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-5-quest-broken-ghost

I know night wave is about to start tomorrow, but I recently found details of apex legends first season quest and I feel like it would be great to add for night wave in the future

the summary of the season quest is this:

Season 5 introduces our first Quest to Apex Legends - a season-long search to find nine pieces of a mysterious artifact.

Collect daily Treasure Packs in competitive* matches of Apex Legends - max one per day - to unlock Rewards and new Hunts for the missing pieces.
Go on weekly Hunts into Kings Canyon at Night to retrieve pieces of the artifact. Brave the dangers solo or with your squad and make it back alive. While you can always join in on Hunts, you’ll only get the Rewards if you’ve unlocked the mission yourself.
Succeed in each hunt to earn more Rewards and unlock serial chapters that tell the Story of “The Broken Ghost”. What is this artifact, and why does everybody from the Apex Legends to Hammond Robotics want to get their hands on it?
Recover all nine pieces of the relic to unlock even more rewards, dive into the past, and uncover a secret that the Outlands might not be ready for.

-It also starts with a prologue story intro (similar to what we have with the episodes.

-Adding a variation of the weekly hunts can also include exclusive enemies that are unique to that mode only, adding some difficulty and fresh enemies to spice things up.

-The hunts could also add challenge by maybe adding modifiers such as no mods, set health, different objectives, etc

-with the treasure chests, more rewards would need to be added that feel special or something....

the problem with these ideas is that it would consume more time and work to make it, but it might also allow for long term content that can keep players somewhat busy in a way and allow for more time creating quality updates.

Just thought it might be interesting is all...

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89
  • Like 2

Let me preface this by saying I’m not someone to knee-jerk a reaction without thought.

That said, Respawn is one of my absolute favourite game developers of all time, and I love Apex Legends for a multitude of reasons.

If there’s a suggestion to be inspired by what Respawn does, I am 100% behind it.

🤔 Maybe I should actually read the OP now

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Let me preface this by saying I’m not someone to knee-jerk a reaction without thought.

That said, Respawn is one of my absolute favourite game developers of all time, and I love Apex Legends for a multitude of reasons.

If there’s a suggestion to be inspired by what Respawn does, I am 100% behind it.

🤔 Maybe I should actually read the OP now

Dang nabbit 😅 got a smile out of me from that last sentence.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what about details of what this actually is, before you say another game should copy it? what do Players actually do.

Well, I did unclude the link and a summary of what the season quest is. Other than that I'm not sure what you mean. The link provides more details if your interested.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

Well, I did unclude the link and a summary of what the season quest is. Other than that I'm not sure what you mean. The link provides more details if your interested.

why do i have to do the work to know what you're suggesting? that's a bit contrived.

you brought up the Event, so, what do Players actually do in this Event in this other game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/season-5-quest-broken-ghost

I know night wave is about to start tomorrow, but I recently found details of apex legends first season quest and I feel like it would be great to add for night wave in the future

the summary of the season quest is this:

Season 5 introduces our first Quest to Apex Legends - a season-long search to find nine pieces of a mysterious artifact.

• Collect daily Treasure Packs in competitive* matches of Apex Legends - max one per day - to unlock Rewards and new Hunts for the missing pieces.
  • Go on weekly Hunts into Kings Canyon at Night to retrieve pieces of the artifact. Brave the dangers solo or with your squad and make it back alive. While you can always join in on Hunts, you’ll only get the Rewards if you’ve unlocked the mission yourself.
  • Succeed in each hunt to earn more Rewards and unlock serial chapters that tell the Story of “The Broken Ghost”. What is this artifact, and why does everybody from the Apex Legends to Hammond Robotics want to get their hands on it?
  • Recover all nine pieces of the relic to unlock even more rewards, dive into the past, and uncover a secret that the Outlands might not be ready for.

-It also starts with a prologue story intro (similar to what we have with the episodes.

-Adding a variation of the weekly hunts can also include exclusive enemies that are unique to that mode only, adding some difficulty and fresh enemies to spice things up.

-The hunts could also add challenge by maybe adding modifiers such as no mods, set health, different objectives, etc

-with the treasure chests, more rewards would need to be added that feel special or something....

the problem with these ideas is that it would consume more time and work to make it, but it might also allow for long term content that can keep players somewhat busy in a way and allow for more time creating quality updates.

Just thought it might be interesting is all...

Hello, hi. Wanted to ask: I thought Apex Legends is a Battle Royale game. You mean it has co-op content as well? Or are these missions done in Battle Royale mode? 

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

why do i have to do the work to know what you're suggesting? that's a bit contrived.

you brought up the Event, so, what do Players actually do in this Event in this other game.

You’re not looking for a summary? 🤔 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You’re not looking for a summary?  

the summary you gave doesn't tell me what you actually do, though.
i can't say i like part or all of it or not if i don't even know what it is at all, heh.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

i can't say i like part or all of it or not if i don't even know what it is at all, heh.

Ahh I see 😅. I getcha now, the main issue was that it wasn’t a clear enough summary, right?

I’m not the OP, though I understand the confusion around our icons 😛 I was mainly curious ‘cause as an outside observer I saw the discussion between you two, and was wondering where it was headed. Thanks for clearing a misunderstanding up for me, and I’ll duck out again

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Based on EA's wording, it's a get an item once a day from competitive matches (so I guess pvp), requires five of this once a day item to even start the first weekly generic pve instances, and repeat. Each week a new one gets added.

Unsure if you'll get to keep getting the stuff when the season is over, but if not, I would imagine the non-stop complaints over the requirement to play 5 times a week, NW received complaints despite the catch up mechanic as well as all "challenges" being completed in 1-2 days with many being able to be skipped to reach rank 30. Also, EA is monetizing this by selling the ability to catch up on missed days.

Nothing EA is doing is genuinely new or excited, it's literally the copy/pasted season/battle pass nonsense games have been doing the last couple years with what is likely to be generic pve added on the side. It also wouldn't work for Warframe either, because the way EA has it done is that it requires you to pvp for the initial item, unless you just outright buy it to skip that part. The OP's suggestion also has nothing to do with what EA did anyways, they're pretty much just talking about Nightmare/Sortie modifiers at this point with new enemies/rewards and just decided to advertise another game for some reason.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m not the OP

oh, whoops - yeah i didn't look very closely, saw Brackets and default Avatar and didn't identity check past that. *hides*

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Based on EA's wording, it's a get an item once a day from competitive matches (so I guess pvp), requires five of this once a day item to even start the first weekly generic pve instances, and repeat. Each week a new one gets added.

hmm... i'm not sure i'm seeing something that i'd want to copy, then. at best it sounds like Narrative content that can only be accessed by playing a lot in order to get required Currency (:pikashocked:)... at worst it sounds like an alternative Gamemode that you can only access via the same means.

26 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

Here to complaint about how that different-font-size-monstrosity hurt my eyes! Why do people do this? 😬

I dunno. it grinds my gears when people make their font Dark grey; I'm a Dark theme user, Dark Theme converts default black text to white, it doesn't do that for Grey, and I can't read it well if it's the same colour as the background. STOP USING DARK GREY YOU FOOLS! have a shred of decency for Dark theme users!

on topic, I think now that Nightwave has an interactive element, we might get something even more involving for season 4. I wonder if they'll ever bring back the Sun/Moon choice system that they abandoned after The War Within, with dialogue options that actually change the narrative and what ultimately happens at the end of the season. now that Mass Effect is dead, there's room in the market for something like this, right?

pfffft LOLno, the Sun/Moon system is as dead as Mass Effect now, so very unlikely.

• Like 1

I recently came back to warframe and I found Nightwave to be awesome and somewhat "honest".

Nightwave, unlike destiny2's season, doesn't ask for 10€ season pass and therefore is equal to everybody. That's a fresh breath of air since the trend seems to include season passes that enhance rewards.

And Nightwave's catch up? The mechanic that recover previous steps? While not perfect, it's cool and unprecedented. Helped me reaching almost rank 42 in the last intermission.

I know, it was bad for an intermission to last this much, but I totally love its structure and I hope DE will keep things as they are now.

(Keep in mind that my opinion is entirely based on intermission 2, since I came back like 2 months ago.)

Edited by Kappa83
Typos frenzy!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

fair enough. 

-You first play rounds of apex and in some caches in the game mode, you will find a chest that has rewards inside. For warframe, you would need to play any mission (maybe have an icon or alert to make it less of a chore to find?) and would find a crate or container that would be very obvious that contains rewards (boost of night wave xp, rare resources, unique mods, augments, etc) you can only find one per day.

-After collecting five treasure packs in apex, you will be able to join a weekly hunt that is a co-op mission (the trailer shows you in a squad fending off some wolf like creatures and surviving until a drop ship arrives). Complete it, you get rewards, a gun charm, a piece of a mysterious artifact and the next chapter of the story. Nightwave can do something like this with weekly missions that unlock after getting five treasure caches. These missions could be like disruption with adding unique twists to existing game-modes (maybe merging railjack with the mission to be taking place in the same level?) that use unique enemy types that have not been seen in the game before (glass like enemies maybe?). The rewards could be something useful and unique and would provide a mini chapter in between Nora night's episodes which could add to the story. Maybe once in a while, the weekly mission will be facing a glass maker boss leading up to the final episode or something.

I don't want to copy and paste Apex's season quest rather use it as inspiration to add on to night wave in the future. 

here is an image from the site if it helps explain better

UnityHQ Community Forum

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Hello, hi. Wanted to ask: I thought Apex Legends is a Battle Royale game. You mean it has co-op content as well? Or are these missions done in Battle Royale mode? 

well kinda. This is there first attempt at a story quest of sort. You would have to play one of the battle royale modes (trios, duos or ranked) but then you do a weekly hunt which is a pve mission that, once completed, gives you another piece of the story along with rewards. 

Hopefully that answers your question in some form.

• Like 1