Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apex legends' new season quest sounds like something that would be cool to add for night wave after glass-maker

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Isn’t that already happening in Nightwave? Story progressing the farther the season goes, Daily challenges, etc? 

I completely forgot NW had story mode, I skipped it because Nora has an annoying habit of saying a lot when you could say the same thing with less so I always skip her 'story', lol.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

You would have to play one of the battle royale modes

Hopefully that answers your question in some form.

So in other words trying to sneak in a battle royal system?

That alone easily gets a no from me.

29 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Isn’t that already happening in Nightwave? Story progressing the farther the season goes, Daily challenges, etc? 

It is but only through episodes like the seasons before if i recall. This would add more story in between the episodes to fill the gaps. Also I thought it was an interesting idea to look into.

But you are definitely right. My idea was just adding to it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

I completely forgot NW had story mode, I skipped it because Nora has an annoying habit of saying a lot when you could say the same thing with less so I always skip her 'story', lol.

So in other words trying to sneak in a battle royal system?

That alone easily gets a no from me.

not even close. I apologize if I didn't make my idea clear. I don't want to copy and paste it into night wave. I am just suggesting that the concept, if implemented correctly, would be a cool addition for night wave. 

The last thing I want warframe to add would be a battle royale mode

13 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I think they were just explaining how it works in Apex.

Still it seems like something to be wary of.

@wafflyLearner89

Sorry your post showed up at the same time I hit sent

My question is how would they implement this without the BR mode as it does seem to be a key part of the game itself thus that is how this event seemed to be based around making it a key part.

Edited by (PS4)Jason_V_Jade

58 minutes ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

-You first play rounds of apex and in some caches in the game mode, you will find a chest that has rewards inside.

-After collecting five treasure packs in apex, you will be able to join a weekly hunt that is a co-op mission (the trailer shows you in a squad fending off some wolf like creatures and surviving until a drop ship arrives). Complete it, you get rewards, a gun charm, a piece of a mysterious artifact and the next chapter of the story.

okay. Nightwave kinda has done that already IMO, via the Zealoid Prelate.
i wanna go to sleep so here's a lazy copy paste of the general idea of how the Zeloid Prelate encounter was acessed.
iVFJkh7.png

that being said, is that.... better than just having it accessible by default? the first step seems pretty unnecessary. just as for the Zealoid Prelate during the Nightwave Season, the part of collecting the Keys necessary to play the content felt pointless, disconnected, just a chore. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

Still it seems like something to be wary of.

@wafflyLearner89

Sorry your post showed up at the same time I hit sent

My question is how would they implement this without the BR mode as it does seem to be a key part of the game itself thus that is how this event seemed to be based around making it a key part.

No problem. 

Rather than using a battle royale setting, you would just play warframe, maybe through an alert or something, and would find a container of sorts that stand out and gives you a treasure chest. Collect enough, you will be allowed to join a weekly mission. Alternatively, a chest could be a reward for ranking up in nightwave to make it easier to find i guess. 

Hopefully that clears things up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, taiiat said:

okay. Nightwave kinda has done that already IMO, via the Zealoid Prelate.
i wanna go to sleep so here's a lazy copy paste of the general idea of how the Zeloid Prelate encounter was acessed.
iVFJkh7.png

that being said, is that.... better than just having it accessible by default? the first step seems pretty unnecessary. just as for the Zealoid Prelate during the Nightwave Season, the part of collecting the Keys necessary to play the content felt pointless, disconnected, just a chore. 

Well in a matter of speaking, yes it is kinda like that, though more straight forward than crafting a bp. Just find a number a chests or something. My idea is to add onto the concept to give players something to work towards. Though you are right about the ideas. Unlike the emissary though, the weekly missions would have different objectives rather than assassination over and over.

Hopefully that clarifies somethings. go get some rest Tenno. And thanks for the critique 🙂 

• Like 1

Sounds like a slightly evolved NW system, so you get a 👍 from me for the idea. Anything to get the mode into a more interactive state while doing the missions needed to fullfill the NW tasks.

These drops that are to be found could easily be indicated on one or several of the task for the week. Say you have "complete 3 assassination missions" with a little chest ico or something tied to it. That would mean assassination maps will spawn with the drop you need, you however need to find it on the map. They should just keep it clear from missions like eidolon killing, profit taker, exploiter and other more specific tasks.

For this season they could have easily gone with "intel" drops or "evidence" since it is a murder mystery theme for the whole thing. Then those things lead us to something else etc.

edit: Definently something they could consider for the future.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1