Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice for what to upgrade/mod next

dtm3080

Question

Hey, so here's where I'm at right now:

Mastery Rank 4

Warframes: Excalibur (maxed) , Ember (maxed).  Waiting for Rhino and Mag to finish crafting 

Weapons: Boltor (max), HEK (max) , MK1-Braton (max) 

Melee: Skana (max), Fragor (max)

Would appreciate any advice on what Mods I should be equipping or leveling up? Which weapons should I be crafting going forward?

14 answers to this question

Mods with 10 ranks you'd want to get to rank 8 then focus on a different mod.

Derelict Vault runs to get the corrupted mods.

A good melee you can use is the Guandao, comes from the clan tenno lab.

The boltor and Hek are fine weapons for awhile.

Secondary weapons you can ignore for a bit and just use them to gain mastery rank. Start with the weapons that build into other weapons like lex into aklex, kunai + bo = tipedo = Lesion

• Like 1

You should definitely work on upgrading the melee/ranged damage, crit, and elemental mods. They will add both extra damage and status procs against most enemies. Multi-shot is also very useful, along with the base damage ones (Impact, Slash, Puncture) depending on the weapon. You'll also want to work on the basic ones for your Warframes, like Vitality, Shield Regen, etc. Ability mods for Duration, Efficiency, etc are also useful for how you want to configure your playstyle.

I'd also recommend picking up an Ignis Wraith from Trade (you can usually get one free or for very cheap plat) as it's a decent ranged weapon and can be modded well. Rhino is a favorite Warframe, if you don't have the Syndicate rep, pick up the Iron Charge augment mod, as it will scale its Iron Skin along with your armor rating.

Basically, you want to be building and leveling any weapon/frame you can lay hands on for your Mastery rank.

8 minutes ago, BigSalad_V said:

I recommend that you max all the way or at least level up until rank 9 the "default" mods, like serration, vitality, etc...

It's really a personal preference. I go to 8 instead as I was short on Endo during my early runs of Warframe. Going to 8 was cheap enough for me yet provided a good punch. Depending on which primary you choose to main. If you are on the Boltor more often, then Serration first. If Hek, then Point Blank (which you can max it at 5/5).

After that, if you still have some Endo, multishot mods should be next, so Split Chamber for your Boltor or Hell's Chamber for your Hek.

Do take note, as you are upgrading these mods, watch the mod capacity as the max for Split Chamber and Hell's Chamber goes up to 15.

Welcome to the forums!!

For warframes, the best thing for you right now would be your basic survivability mods (Vitality, Redirection, and Steel Fiber) and your ability mods to a slightly lesser degree (Continuity, Streamline, Flow, Intensify, Stretch). 

For your weapons, your number one priority should be your base damage and crit mods. These include Serration, Point Strike, and Vital sense for rifles, Point Blank, Blunderbuss, and Ravage for shotguns, Hornet Strike, Pistol Gambit, and Target Cracker for pistols, and Pressure Point, True Steel, and Organ Shatter for melee. Status mods are also good to put on, but I suggest that after you learn the mechanics of them more! 

Some advice for modding is to build to the weapon or frame you're using. For example, if you see that your rifle has a 30% status chance, but only a 15% crit chance, it's probably better to mod for the status chance! It might seem like common sense, but I know as a new player I always tried to make hybrid crit/status builds on weapons that was clearly better in one stat over another. In terms of frame building, I suggest looking at how each mod affects the frame's stats. Steel Fiber will be much more effective on your Rhino than on your Mag. On the other hand, Redirection will be much better on Mag than on Rhino. Some frames' abilities are affected differently from certain power stats too, so I would recommend looking at those when equipping ability mods as well!

Edited by Orhott

Awesome thanks for the help! 

Would you recommend using a Orokin Catalyst on either the Boltor or HEK for more mod slots, or would it be best to save them for a better gun down the road?

6 minutes ago, dtm3080 said:

Would you recommend using a Orokin Catalyst on either the Boltor or HEK for more mod slots, or would it be best to save them for a better gun down the road?

Hek is an amazing shotgun. I use it without any issues in endgame content, but it's personal preference. Use the catalyst on the weapon that best suits your playstyle. You can always get more!

22 minutes ago, dtm3080 said:

Hek is good, but i'd hold out for an Ignis at MR 5, that thing will wipe out most of the star chart and you don't even have to aim like with hek. Other option over the hek is the kohm which will scale really well into the late game that I feel the hek just doesn't do. The only thing that beats out the kohm is the kuva kohm variant which is super late game anyways.

Another thing I'd do right now is try to build wukong asap. WuKong and Rhino will get you through 99% of the star chart super easy. Wukong is nearly invincible if you manage your cloudwalk well (easy) and you don't even have to aim because your clone will do all the killing for you. 

1 hour ago, dtm3080 said:

HEK (max)

I was going to offer advice, but then I saw ^ this ^...

... Whoever/whatever told you to get that thing can also advise you on the next step...

Having said that, I respectfully leave from this thread.

32 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I was going to offer advice, but then I saw ^ this ^...

... Whoever/whatever told you to get that thing can also advise you on the next step...

Having said that, I respectfully leave from this thread.

Lmao, do you dislike the Hek that much? I feel like there's a story involved that I'd like to hear, but this may not be the place.

1 hour ago, dtm3080 said:

I stuck with the Hek until almost mid-game, when I was like, MR10 or 11 (or something). It can carry you quite far into the game. Only thing is the 4 ammo magazine issue. So, I would use the catalyst on the Hek (as I had when I was early in the game).

I would Reccommend find a bearable source from which you can Obtain more Endo so that you can have your Cake and Eat it too 😉

Yesterday and The Day before I made 6000 Endo Exclusively by Farming Bullet Dance... the only thing this Farm requires is a Knowledge of the Void Tileset... and that is not an easy thing to get if Im being honest.... Luckily they are Other Endo Source.... Hierachon, Bounties, Rathuum.... Pick which ever option you can Tolerate and you can get whichever mod interests you to Max Rank.... Right now Im working on Primed Regen.... Im Halfway There (Get it... because the Last Rank costs as much as all the Previous Ranks Combined).