Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Update 27.5.0

[DE]Rebecca

So I've found a problem with the Double Tap mod. I looked into it as soon as I realized it was being released from the Conclave Vault because Latron is one of my all-time favorite weapons in the game.

The mods works like this at the current time, every time you hit a target your next shot within 2 seconds will deal +20% damage up to a stack of 20x (+400%damage).

If you can get up to the 20th stack and keep shooting every shot will deal +400% damage. That means your 21st shot and onword will be dealing +400% damage. The problem lies here; The Latron and all of it's varients only have a 15 shot magazine, AND they all have a 2.4 second reload... 

If you equip a maxed Fast Hands mod your reload speed drops to 1.8 seconds, giving you 0.2 seconds to keep the stack allive AND you'd need to replace a mod in your loadout.

If you equip a maxed Magazine Warp your magazine goes up to 20 shots, meaning you'll only be able to reach the 19th stack (380% BD) and not be able to continue after reloading AND you'd need to replace a mod in your loadout.

The goal is to be able to keep the chain going so that you can keep shooting with 20 stacks, and I dont think 0.2 seconds is a reliable and consistent way of doing that.

Using amaxed Tainted Mag will give you 3 shots at maximum stack before having to deal with an even longer reload. 

Fire rate mods will only help you reach your loadouts highest possible stack count quicker.

So right now, Double Tap can only be used properly by swapping out At LEAST 2 mods from your loadout for utility mods OR through the use of Warframe buffs. I don't think that leaves Double Tap in a very good place within the game.

A possible solution I have (that doesnt include buffing Latron) is to increase the Double Taps counter duration reset to 3 seconds. This allows it have a slightly more reliable and consistent manner of use without any utility mod bonuses, and through the use of a single reload speed mod in your loadout make the mod completely reliable and consistent.

Thoughts?

Yeah, don't have that much of a grudge against the lich system to freak out but putting a "kill lich" one is really not okay, since it's a massive (yet very insignificant compared to the effort invested) chunk of points. The other ones, I mean..we can skip some here and there.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Nyarllathoteph:

I see people saying: No more RJ, no more RJ, no more RJ... Do you realize that they will be trying to make RJ a fully included part of the Warframe awhole and that in the original drawing board WF, RJ was always supposed to be a feature? Saying things like no more RJ is the same as saying: no more progress, revert everything you have made so far. Makes zero sense and people with more than a single brain cell realize that. Besides, RJ is now nothing if not trivial on Earth, even with the worst possible guns you'll clear those 8 missions really quickly, even faster with a good group... And I guess you should really brace yourself for the future, because the RJ is going to be involved in a lot of stuff in the future, the Duviri paradox is theoretical, but the Infested planetoids after that will incorporate it for sure. So you should stop wailing and begin farming the components. It is not a long stretch, with the current resource gains it is something manageable in a week, a time window you have surely dedicated to billion of other activities in warframe for sure.

It could be that those who are complaining just want the base game instead of the Vision. I mean the base of killing hordes of enemies with a power fantasy is literally what made Warframe (more or less) successful. Question is will those who left the game because of the certain patches, recent behaviour of DE (more Grind, more RNG, recent NW Season,etc, etc, ) have an significantly impact on the income because offended people wont spend money which to be honest here could be an problem for DE in the future. Because sometimes you need those hardcore driven fanboys which are willing to spend a lot of money. Its DEs right to do so but then shoulnd be suprised if it doesnt work anymore. (my personal opionion, not based on any figures/facts)

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

DAILY

• Child at Heart: Play a game of Frame Fighter, Happy Zephyr, or Wyrmius
    • Hush: Kill a Kuva Thrall
    • Reclaimed: Clear a personal Kuva Lich Influenced Node

ELITE WEEKLY

• Grand: Kill The Exploiter Orb
    • Choose Wisely: Kill or Convert a Kuva Lich

Really?

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Adi1908PL:

Come on people... This is a VIDEO GAME not a daily chores... It supposed to make You feel relaxed. If there is something you don't like to do in game, there's simple solution for it - DON"T DO IT. It's easy as that. We have a group of devs that are trying to add a new things to game and for that we should be grateful.

Are you really trying to voice a reasonable argument in this thread? You are a brave person.

I've read through most of the comments and there is so much misconception about "we want" when it really is "i want" and "no one does this" when it really is "i do not want to do this". There is some demand of growing up here IMO.

Personally I never really liked Nightwave and think the old alert system just should have had its alert times prolonged, but I have adopted to it. After feeling burnt out after the first NW season I took a break from the game and returned just a few weeks ago, during the last intermission. I do what I like, I don't do what I do not like and I still progress. It's just a game, it is just entertainment, don't do what does not entertain you, for the majority of players there should be enough left to do. I am MR 20 and I made a list of things I still want to do and that list is 200+ entries long.

BTW: a) Railjack is fun now. b) I read through what it takes to kill a Lich and decided that I don't want to do this now, so I don't. Simple as that.

vor 1 Minute schrieb TrilliumStarbreeze:

At least they added more Kuva weapons, so people who have whole set have something to get from Lich kills besides standing... oh wait, they didn't, since adding glowing texture to a few more Grineer weapons is way too much work.

But DE is just a small Indie Studio with only 200 employees. How dare you (sorry for the sarcasm here)

1 minute ago, ValinorAtani said:

It could be that those who are complaining just want the base game instead of the Vision. I mean the base of killing hordes of enemies with a power fantasy is literally what made Warframe (more or less) successful. Question is will those who left the game because of the certain patches, recent behaviour of DE (more Grind, more RNG, recent NW Season,etc, etc, ) have an significantly impact on the income because offended people wont spend money which to be honest here could be an problem for DE in the future. Because sometimes you need those hardcore driven fanboys which are willing to spend a lot of money. Its DEs right to do so but then shoulnd be suprised if it doesnt work anymore. (my personal opionion, not based on any figures/facts)

That's the point... Not much from the base game has changed, it is only being added upon, evolved and imo for the better (In right direction I mean, if the RJ will be expanded upon well, then I'd love that, I am not saying I agree with many, or even the majority of stuff that has happened so far). I just can't get over the mindset that is against the challenge, against evolution, people just stagnating for to me unknown reason... Argument: People want to return to something they know from time to time to chill. Well, you still have a godsdamn startchart if you didn't notice, but leave those who want to move on and to expand on the game alone.

I know DE needs to eat, but ultimately it is their game and they have right to move it in any way the desire to. And if they want it to die, well it is their decision.

3 minutes ago, TrilliumStarbreeze said:

At least they added more Kuva weapons, so people who have whole set have something to get from Lich kills besides standing... oh wait, they didn't, since adding glowing texture to a few more Grineer weapons is way too much work.

Pity they didn't, I wouldn't mind some more kuva weapons to go with the Lich challenges, two more ranked up then go do MR 29.

2 часа назад, SuperSmog сказал:

Reminder to members of the warframe community: In nightwave you don't HAVE to do certain or all challenges at all and you will still get to max nightwave rank for all the rewards.

that's not the case here.

6 hours ago, -Damocles- said:

Thanks, but was looking for more... sustainable content and fixes

This is one of the most important post in this thread. 

DE people will be much much much more happier if you work with sustainable content and fixes. We all are searching for that. Give us reason to stay, pay, invest and stream your game. We want content so you get money in your pockets and keep Leyou happy. 

We are going to support your game, stay with you and stick with you. But this is a relation where both parts must fulfill. Destiny 2 is nowhere near the quality of this game. This has a lot of potential and proved for seven years staying relevant and strong. 

The railjack updates are good. But the enemy is way too soft on the veil missions. It is good that some scaling of difficulty happens when your squad is full of capable players. Those are minor details that can be solved. However we want greater level of detail in Railjack like the TARGET RENDER you showed us two years ago with all that hectic action. We want to see this on the PS5, Xbox series X and PC. You showed us those amazing videos. Give us that quality. 

Yes Railjack changed and it seems that you care a lot for it. That is a good sign. Give us what you showed us two years ago exploring all those structures, that Robotech feel, better detailed enemies. And of course keep fixing the game. I'm sure this game is getting better. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Nyarllathoteph:

That's the point... Not much from the base game has changed, it is only being added upon, evolved and imo for the better (In right direction I mean, if the RJ will be expanded upon well, then I'd love that, I am not saying I agree with many, or even the majority of stuff that has happened so far). I just can't get over the mindset that is against the challenge, against evolution, people just stagnating for to me unknown reason... Argument: People want to return to something they know from time to time to chill. Well, you still have a godsdamn startchart if you didn't notice, but leave those who want to move on and to expand on the game alone.

I know DE needs to eat, but ultimately it is their game and they have right to move it in any way the desire to. And if they want it to die, well it is their decision.

Dont worry I'm on your side. But I'm worried about DEs Future because instead of fixing something to be better those tasks are getting added to push the "more or less broken systems" they are still. And to be honest Liches and RJ still need a lot fixes even in the core play of those to be even on par with the standard Warframe exp gameplaywise.

It seems to me that 2 of the new nightwave challenges are kind of.... weirdly balanced:
I was under the impression that Dailies should generally be less work than Weeklies.
But the Daily "Kill 3 fighters with a hijacked Crewship" fully includes the weekly "Hijack 1 Crewship from the enemy", and contains additional work. That doesn't feel right to me.

Archived