Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich mission in NW

KazuXSora

I love that people are flexing about the second Nightwae intermission...... like completing lvl 30+ on an intermission that lasted over(?) six heccin months is a valid litmus test for a standard Nightwave rotation. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 3

I'm done with Liches. Have all the weapons I want at +60 with the elements I want and the Ephemera. I don't see the point of willingly engaging with the system since it doesn't offer evergreen rewards.

That said, I don't mind doing a Lich once a month or so for Nightwave assuming that all 3 Lich-related challenges drop the same week to complete them in one go with a single Lich.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

And skipping? Oh I did that with intermission 2 and only reached rank 17 or something, so please, go ahead and miss me with "you can skip all you want and still reach max rank".

This is 100% on you. During the time it was active (6 months), people hit both standing caps, which were the biggest so far. If you couldn't be bothered to complete at least the initial batch then you might as well leave the game, because it is quite apparent that you dislike most of it.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

We need changes to this awful system.

No we don't. You want them on your own. Don't speak on my behalf.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I love that people are flexing about the second Nightwae intermission...... like completing lvl 30+ on an intermission that lasted over(?) six heccin months is a valid litmus test for a standard Nightwave rotation. 

A month in I still got halfway through as a starting player unable to do many of the elite weeklies, and so had to ignore them. 

Just now, Jarriaga said:

... assuming that all 3 Lich-related changes drop the same week to complete them in one go.

See that's the problem with DE right now they keep implementing systems that work great... when they work and fall apart when they don't. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I havent started Liching at all because I was kind of intimidated. But I have 160 Hydrocaps.

So are you saying Liches arent that bad? I kinda wanna start it cause I'm at a point in the game where I think I can handle it.

It's not that eidolons are hard it's just that I don't like doing them cause it's kinda boring. Liches are way easier than eidolons

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Intermission 2 was out for SIX MONTHS.

If you only reached rank 17 you've no one to blame except yourself.   It's not going to reward you for not playing.

I am not one to throw salt but I agree with Hyperion. To only get to rank 17 in the latest Wave is more of an issue of HOW someone is playing or HOW OFTEN they are playing. After coming from another looter/shooter game that relies solely on FOMO and limited time events, I thought this Wave was refreshing. I did not have to grind hardcore or pause my life to ensure I got all the rewards. I just looked at what was offered as tasks, changed loadouts, and did what was asked of them. I hit all the rewards with about 4 weeks to go and played Warframe in combination of other games.

Edited by (PS4)Havok21Zero

23 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I skipped what I didn't want to do/or what didn't yield anything relevant like fishing and all that.

I just did what I'm always doing, currently focusing on stuff like cracking relics and arbitrations (and the event that is still going on)

A system like nightwave should compliment that, not force you into irrelevant stuff, literally, just for the sake of it.

I've read multiple great posts, everywhere, highlighting what's wrong with nightwave, and how it's intrusive rather than complimenting and as I can see it's utterly pointless to give de any kind of feedback.

But, this is the General Forum, where players discuss things, not Feedback, for staters.

Your insisting anyone is forced to do anything is provably false.

When you become king of the world, you can change the game, until then, you can just skip things you don't like, it's not a hard formula.

The game, and these systems, are not just for you, it's targetted at a larger audience, it's not your personal playground.

These game systems may be irrelevent to you, that's fine, your outlook is just as irrelevent, that's how this works.

As for real feedback, you are also provably wrong, DE has acted on player feedback in multiple instances.

You just don't like that you cannot re-write the game system, IMO.

Edited by Zimzala
speeling
  • Like 4

This is a lot of effort for not even a full reward. Even if you got super lucky, and all three of these actually showed up together, going through the entire time consuming Lich process would only get you slightly over one rank. And the last thing the Lich system needs is even more RNG...

But hey, that's Nightwave for you. Because doing several missions to get 1/10th of one item is so rewarding!

55 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Also, 6+ hours!? Do not buy lotto tickets ever man, your luck is abyssmal. The worst I've had was between 2-3 hours while going mainly solo.

My first Lich took me weeks to kill. And that's just the time I was actually playing the game. In reality, it took me five months, because all the RNG BS pissed me off so much I completely quit playing the entire game for about that long.

The fact that the entire system is nothing but pure luck is exactly the problem. Its just rolling dice to get more dice to roll, until the game finally lets you win. Depending on how your luck goes, it can take anywhere from a few minutes, to multiple weeks to kill a Lich. It can take far less time if you fully prepare before hand. Once you have all the Requiem mods, and a stock of relics to get extras when you need them, Liches usually go significantly faster. But that preparation still takes quite a bit of time, even if you don't have a Lich active while you do it. And if you do start a Lich before you are prepared, then its just awful. I would hate to be a newer player that starts their first Lich before they're ready, just because Nightwave told them to.

Its a terribly designed system, and its a terrible place to put Nightwave acts. Especially because there are so many other ones that will get you the same points for far less effort. Even in this new set of acts, the other Elite Weeklies have a far better time/standing ratio. One of them literally takes 90 seconds, yet somehow it still gives the same 7,000 points as something that could potentially take weeks.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Oh I run into plenty of bullS#&$, clearly pointing out that the system is still flawed, but what does DE do instead of fixing it? FORCE IT unto everyone, I mean, amirite? Must work and fix for itself.

I can't believe I trusted them again and they serve me this bullS#&$. 

WHILE THE WHOLE GOD DAMN INTERNET IS FULL OF A THOUSAND ACTS THAT ARE 100X BETTER THAN WHAT WE GET 

I'm sick of this. 

Again, 1 hour acts WERE REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS TOO MUCH WHICH THEY SAID THEMSELVES ON STREAM MULTIPLE TIMES. 

HOW in their mind is hours of slog for liches where most people already have everything considered a better act?????

During season 2, I made a feedback thread to try to get people to help brainstorm new acts to keep repeats from happening so often. I suggested tons of different ideas, and only three other people actually pitched in. Pretty much everyone else just clogged up the thread by saying "I don't like these" without offering any suggestions of their own.

Despite that, we still came up with a ton of good suggestions. There are a couple things in this new list that might have been inspired by that thread, but everything else is just more of DE trying to force their unpopular new babies onto everyone. I even suggested a few that would do the same thing, but with older unpopular game modes, like Rathuum and Defection. But I guess they don't care about those anymore.

So yeah, this is pretty disappointing.

Edited by Teljaxx
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

But, this is the General Forum, where players discuss things, not Feedback, for staters.

Your insisting anyone is forced to do anything is provably false.

When you become king of the world, you can change the game, until then, you can just skip things you don't like, it's not a hard formula.

The game, and these systems, are not just for you, it's targetted at a larger audience, it's not your personal playground.

These game systems may be irrelevent to you, that's fine, your outlook is just as irrelevent, that's how this works.

As for real feedback, you are also provably wrong, DE has acted on player feedback in multiple instances.

You just don't like that you cannot re-write the game system, IMO.

You don't have to be king of the world to help make things better. You'll never accomplish anything with nihilistic thinking like that, because you have defeated yourself before the fight even began.

It doesn't always take something so drastic as a royal decree to convince someone that they've made a mistake. Sometimes it just takes a few well placed words. But you'll never know if you never even try. Besides, what is there to lose? You'll probably look foolish for a second if it doesn't work out your way, but so what? I would rather try, and fail to do my little part to make things better, than never try at all.

Though, on the flip side, you shouldn't expect every single suggestion you make to be accepted and implemented. As I said in my previous post, I made several suggestions for new acts, and DE only maybe used a couple of them. And I disappointed? Yes. Do I hate DE for it? No. Its their game, and even if I think what they are doing is wrong, its their mistake to make. But I am not going to be quiet about it, either. Because if it turns out I am right, but I never speak up, then it becomes my mistake, too.

Basically, if this game fails because DE keeps making bad decisions, that's partially your fault. Not only because you yourself never said anything about it, but because you also tried to dismiss anyone who did. Because you'd rather ride the crashing train to the bitter end. Why try to change anything? Why try to save yourself, or anyone else? You can't do anything, you're not God. You aren't even king of the world. You're irrelevant, so you should just accept your fate and die, right?

Also, this should be obvious, but whenever someone says that Nightwave forces them to do things, there is always an if afterwards. Nightwave forces you to do things you don't enjoy, if you want to get the items it offers. No one is literally chained to their desk, forced to reach rank 30 before they can leave. DE isn't literally holding a gun to your head, but there is still a threat in play. The threat of not getting something that you want. It may not be a huge threat, but its still a threat. And that isn't fun. It makes the game stressful, because now you have a deadline. You are now obligated to play more so you don't miss out on anything.

Even though there may not be physical chains, there are mental ones, and you are holding the gun to your own head. And that's exactly what DE wants. They want you to force yourself to be here as often as possible, regardless of your enjoyment, just so they can brag about their high player counts.

Its funny, everyone hated alerts for forcing them wake up at 4:00 am to get Nitain, but praise Nightwave even though it does basically the same thing. Its just a bit more subtle about it. You don't have to play RIGHT THIS SECOND OMG, but you do have to play today. And tomorrow. And enough before the season ends. And if you don't, you'll miss out on a lot more than just one Nitain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

So let me get this straight, 1 hour was considered over the top for 1 act for 7k points and was changed accordingly, but 3-6 hours is fine?

It's bullS#&$, that's what it is.

And skipping? Oh I did that with intermission 2 and only reached rank 17 or something, so please, go ahead and miss me with "you can skip all you want and still reach max rank"

We need changes to this awful system.

I think it goes without saying. Variety is good, this will be around awhile, stop being so entitled, you ungrateful Tenno child. -M. Tahir 2020

My sarcasm aside and lets be real for a moment. There will be many who will be delighted to have this many choices and new things to do that they may have been doing anyway and these will fit right in. There is no perfect Nightwave mission, only perfect Nightwave missions. That saying these will be perfect for some not for all and that's just fine. 

Now I won't be back to comment on the matter with you so hold your fingers in check, I know how quick fingered you are. 

24 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Even though there may not be physical chains, there are mental ones, and you are holding the gun to your own head. And that's exactly what DE wants. They want you to force yourself to be here as often as possible, regardless of your enjoyment, just so they can brag about their high player counts.

I also don't need a royal decree to see the conspiracy theory you try and purvey.

I miss things all day, everyday in lilve games, I have logins to a lot of them.

Sure, DE wants us to play, but this is next-level conspiracy IMO.

As for the whole people wanting to help - go to the feedback forum and or email DE with clear, actianlble items of concern, get hired by DE, whatever - ranting here in General about optional things you don't like doing is just that - ranting, IMO.

If someone really wants to help, they have avenues.

In this case, it's just more entitled gamers playing a (mostly) free game and trying to convince everyone else the evil game company is forcing them to play somethnig they do not like.

If you, or anyone, thinks a game company is forcing you to do jack, just walk away, or ignore it, the player has that power.

You don't need that Nitain, you just want it now and that's not on DE, that's a human unable to control thier own actions and emotions and blaming that on an outside force. So the if you mentions is more like 'if you cannot control yourself, don't blame that on others', IMO.

PS: Accepting how things actually work and understanding you have to work within those systems to actually makes change occur is not self defeating, it's simply being a realist. Change can occur, but not typically from a General Forum rant about not likeing to do specific content for bonus points.

Edited by Zimzala
correction/PS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HexOmega111x said:

Complains? That's rare. 

Lmao. Not here at least. We have a messed up mission type called kuva lich cuz people were complaining for 3 months or so about how there is no 'content.'

Remember Tennocon 2019? Thats where it was revealed that kuva lich would be released with railjack. And so far, it doesn't seems to be the case.

Just to keep a bit of perspective, people who complain about liches are essentially complaining that they get 4,329 credits as a mission reward instead of 5,178 or some other arbitrary numbers. All of these taxes are eventually refunded

They're giant crybabies basically.

• Like 2

i managed to get to 90 in the last intermission without killing any Hydrolist, simply because i hate that content

we all have our weakness in this game, but luckily  you can just ignore it and do other challenges without losing anything

it sucks but its not a big deal

18 hours ago, Hyro1 said:

You skipped quest, and only hit rank 17, on intermission 2, that was 5 months long, nah bruh the problem ain't the system, its you

Very well said!
5 month long..and you can recover missions...
We all see where the problem is...

I would just say too bad. I want to have these quests because I do liches also like eddy quests and orb mother quests.

A lot of people don’t do them and don’t like them. Though luck. If it was a real problem like you are blocked from getting rewards I would care more but it’s a modest speed bump at best.