Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Button binding conflict (Fixed)

(PSN)jaggerwanderer

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Thanks for the reports - checked in with the team on this one and they have the issues logged (touch pad and ability menu binding blunders). We are taking a look at it. Apologies for the binding mess!

Great to hear you guys are working on it. It really stinks. I know you will keep us posted Dani. Much thanks to the team.

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Thanks for the reports - checked in with the team on this one and they have the issues logged (touch pad and ability menu binding blunders). We are taking a look at it. Apologies for the binding mess!

Really hope this is a hotfixable thing, this is enough to make me outright stop playing until it's fixed. 

So I looked in my settings and found this, the defaults are stuck and wont reassign even when changed.

https://pasteboard.co/J8gYiI3.jpg

Ability A B C D are always assigned to the pad no matter what. If I could just somehow get in there and take those off that'd be great.

As you can see Gear 3 and Ability D are the same.

And yes I defaulted one and both times.

23 hours ago, (PS4)Kyrrial said:

I do the exact same thing with my bindings, went through the exact same steps to test, and have the exact same results (i.e. ability menu won't work when bound to L1). L1 works just fine if other things are bound to it; it's only the Ability Menu that won't work when bound to it. Frankly speaking, this makes playing borderline unplayable because I hate using the touchpad for anything else other than clicking for transference, and I hate the ability menu being bound to literally anything else other than L1. Since using abilities is part of what sets WF apart from other games and differentiates each frame, having an impediment like this is a turnoff.

Coincidentally, the ability menu for Railjack STILL can't be rebound at all (let alone to L1 for parity), which is also a major QoL issue for me to enjoying railjack.

I've noticed it seems to be after the game restarts the bindings reset.

Also just in case you didn't know the ability menu is pre binded to R1, just wanted to share as at Least a temporary solution

This happens to me too. By default, the 4 abilities are bound to the 4 directions of the touch pad swipe. I change them so that each swipe would activate an item in my gear wheel like archwing or energy pizza. Its possible to reset default bindings, save then customize bindings and save. That works for the rest of the mission but the next time I play, its back to the conflicts again.

You can customize it as long as your custom is at a higher priority than the default. If the default binding is higher than your custom binding on the list, it won't work. I think its because the defaults never lose the original key binds.

Hi there.

I'm on Xbox and encountered the same conflict between the D-pad and ability menu.

I had bound D-pad left and right to gear hotkeys and with this update, they did not work as intended: instead, they changed powers.

A workaround is to change a binding, save controller customization, redo the intended one, save, and it should work.

6 hours ago, (XB1)JestersShade said:

Hi there.

I'm on Xbox and encountered the same conflict between the D-pad and ability menu.

I had bound D-pad left and right to gear hotkeys and with this update, they did not work as intended: instead, they changed powers.

A workaround is to change a binding, save controller customization, redo the intended one, save, and it should work.

Since this is the PSN bug reports, you might want to start or add to a bug report for this issue on the Xbox bug posting as well so that it gets looked at soon hopefully.

Yes, Please DE, help here, never realized my muscle memory and the controller set up was so synchronized to how I enjoy the game.

This is driving me Crazy!

L1 issue same as described above. Move its function to L2 (L1 now Aim), Not bad and manageable however, the Gear-Wheel problem with the touch-pad not generating the customized action, GRRRR, Closed Game, watched TV.

For the record, I love Warframe and DE, never had a reason to post here, and if this is fixed, this might be my last post ever on the forum. Keep up the awesome work, and please bring back the customization to play the game.

Signed; Warframe Loving, Silent majority member

PS - Please hurry, Spear is almost over!!!

Edited by (PS4)FireGOD_2
it = its

On 2020-05-13 at 10:28 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, we have investigated ‘Touch Screen’ related issues (with swiping to be specific) where custom bindings are not registering assigned commands and instead performing the default ability cast and unfortunately, as we looked into the bug we discovered that the fix touches on code that can only be changed via Cert. We understand this is a frustrating issue, as most are when out of Hotfix reach.

There is a temporary fix for the time being: If you chose to, reset your bindings to default and then reassign your ‘Touch Screen’ bindings. The newly assigned custom bindings should now work as intended until you close and re-open the game (rinse repeat after opening the game).

Apologies again, we will let you know when you can expect that fix.

• Like 3

I have a similar issue with bindings as well. I have reload and context sensitive action as circle and have gear and consumables on the square button. When the update came out, reload was defaulted to square again and when I try to change it again it still stays defaulted to square. This is really frustrating as i've had it this way for years now and is a control scheme i'm comfortable with but I now have to rebind another button to gear and consumables which clashes with hpw I use ability powers.

EDIT

So after messing around a bit more with the bindings i've managed to get it working but if I restart the game it reverts back to square being reload. For now I can live with changing it each time I log in but I hope a permanent solution is being looked at where our bindings are being saved and not reset each time we restart. 

Edited by (PS4)vergil_sos
Additional info

14 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys, we have investigated ‘Touch Screen’ related issues (with swiping to be specific) where custom bindings are not registering assigned commands and instead performing the default ability cast and unfortunately, as we looked into the bug we discovered that the fix touches on code that can only be changed via Cert. We understand this is a frustrating issue, as most are when out of Hotfix reach.

There is a temporary fix for the time being: If you chose to, reset your bindings to default and then reassign your ‘Touch Screen’ bindings. The newly assigned custom bindings should now work as intended until you close and re-open the game (rinse repeat after opening the game).

Thank you for looking into it.

23 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thank you for the update, Can live with that, any word on the L1 = ability Menu not working?

I can not even go to my Dojo right now or start up a mission this needs to get fixed and fast I can’t select anything from navigation. 

edit: after resetting my button mapping I can select missions and my Dojo but I sure hope I don’t have to do this every time I start up Warframe 

Edited by (PS4)Citris_23
Update

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Sorry it had to go that deep into the code, hopefully it can get though cert soon. Thanks Dani and team!

Thanks for the hotfix, unfortunately the work-around didn't work for me - rebinding the swipes on the touchpad to 'Waypoint' + 3 gear hotkeys, only the waypoint swipe works and the gear key swipes still activate warframe powers.

I'm also unable to activate the tactical menu on foot aboard the railjack using touchpad (press) & LEFT Dpad (or any other button) as the touchpad (press) activates transference, I can use the abilities and tactical menu whilst piloting the ship but cannot rebind the abilities menu button on railjack controls from R1 to Touchpad (press) to be inline with my other settings (R1 usually primary fire).

Additionally, I usually have UP on the Dpad as 'Secondary Fire' but this only opens up the mini-map. 

Look forward to the fix, hopefully not too long as I really like the railjack changes

EDIT---

Also, also, I cannot access the secondary consumables wheel while fishing to use bait/dye etc, normally DOWN on Dpad

Edited by (PS4)Skopos