Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.1

[DE]Rebecca

22 minutes ago, ADHE710 said:

when are primary kitguns droping? I was hopping that they were going to be released with this update 

So lemme get this straight, they mentioned the kitguns are coming with Deadlock Protocol ... why would you hope they come with nightwave when they mentioned otherwise?

1 hour ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

They're complaining about the health/armor rework. You know. The thing that 80% of the vocal community thought was in dire need of change because it incentivized being a slave to high-damage or cheese metas in high-level Railjack, Kuva Flood, Sorties, and other relatively higher-leveled content. The fact that they don't affirm and encourage DE to pursue their prototyped hard mode really makes me think they don't engage with, interact with, or peruse anything the community says or the devs do unless it affects their super-niche 5 hour survivals. It's really not constructive criticism to say "bring back old enemies" when they're literally prototyping a hard mode that will go a ways towards catering to their very request/intent.

Boggles the mind is what it does. Like, they want a challenge, they want tougher enemies, but they also want everyone else to face the same tougher enemies, I swear it''s like people enjoy watching others struggle only to say "GitGudBoi" and complain that they get all these leechers that can't oneshot a lvl 200 bombard or whatever.

This is exactly the kind of toxicity that I hope will be segregated from the rest of the community with their new "Difficulty" modes.

hace 4 minutos, SocialFox dijo:

So lemme get this straight, they mentioned the kitguns are coming with Deadlock Protocol ... why would you hope they come with nightwave when they mentioned otherwise

They said that deadlock protocol was going to drop on may too so I was hopping that they were dropping all the content the same day. Also, When you go to the kitgun seller ( aftermath this hotfix) you Can See that they are specifying that those kitguns parts are used to build a secondary kitgun 

With Nightwave now active again, can we finally get an option to mute Nora and prevent the repeating dialogue popups from appearing?

Was nice when there was no Nightwave running as it meant there were no random popups, too.

The Nightwave menu also needs some major work as there's a lot of wasted space.

Why does Nora even need to be there?

The area should be focused more on what's actually useful to the player.

Spoiler

KrOG34A.jpg

Additionally, and this applies to all areas that use the Syndicate Menus, there should never be autoplaying dialogue just for when opening a menu.

I'm still curious if DE is ever going to fix the amps being smashed together and crushing our operator's arm and hand.

Amps seem to not be properly assembled and just all connect at the center instead of the proper points on the brace.

So I did the weeklys, farmed 10 cephalite, used it on the *redacted*, and i fell off the edge. I was trying to see if I could explore. My issue is I spent hours getting that mere 10, and you have to unlock it with 10 EVERY TIME you enter the scene. Is this a bug or did you intend the unlock to be non-permanent? 

7 hours ago, richardtrle said:

Still no fix

This is exactly what they intended with the defense objective healing changes;

Copy+Paste the bold text Defendable Objects: Healing AoE and Damage Reduction Changes press control+f on that page and paste the copied text in; enjoy reading the greatest, most thought-out of changes ever made to Warframe; definitely didn't drop the ball on this one or just attempt to fix something that wasn't broken by intentionally making it useless. Seriously though, it's not a bug; it's a "feature".

7 hours ago, SocialFox said:

Boggles the mind is what it does. Like, they want a challenge, they want tougher enemies, but they also want everyone else to face the same tougher enemies, I swear it''s like people enjoy watching others struggle only to say "GitGudBoi" and complain that they get all these leechers that can't oneshot a lvl 200 bombard or whatever.

This is exactly the kind of toxicity that I hope will be segregated from the rest of the community with their new "Difficulty" modes.

Let me offer the counter point to all of this.  Is hard mode Arbitrations without the time limit and death penalty?

Arbitrations were introduced to instill a "challenge" for veterans.  Functionally it's sortie level enemies, endless game modes, and a death penalty.  The only difference between this as hard mode is that they have stated that "there might be some unique reward," and "you have to unlock everything all over again."  Being real for just a moment here, what's the goal?

As I can see, it's not fundamentally making anything more challenging, simply giving us a way to demonstrate how builds work at high levels without the 30-40 minute spool-up required on the star chart missions we already have.

Let's put this into context.  In old school shooters the progression from easy to hard was generally controlled with more spawns, more enemy damage, less player health, and less resources for the player.  Warframe can't skimp on resources, because it's a looter-shooter; you take away the loot the mode is DOA.  It can't influence player health; how is that Grendel mission doing?  Oh right, finding a random group is like trying to find someone giving away stuff.  Increasing enemy damage scaling is the issue that shield gating and other changes were meant to fix, given the scaling allowed you to eventually be one shot without a cheese grade battle strategy.  Finally, more spawns?  That's already controlled by player count and denser enemy groups give rise only to effective AoE attacks.  

Hard mode is something discussed years ago, and only released now that there's static about people demonstrating stuff in the simulacrum.  It's depressing that we are here, but I have to ask if this is a solution or another complication?  Imagine going to a node, and seeing 7+ missions.  Regular-Hard Mode-Ultra Hard Mode-Syndicate-Nightmare-Invasion-Fissure-Arbitration.  Now imagine you're trying to get any of these missions with a random group.  It's almost like they're fixing a perceived issue, by slapping a band-aid on and hoping that they can pump out enough rewards eventually to make it worth while.

I've seen their band-aids.  The self damage causing stagger is a mess, because the bosses seem to now have a huge invisible hit-box that effectively makes using things like the Opticor a joke on them (hated Condrix, and the Ropalolyst does it too).  The fix to getting instantly murdered by the Ropalolyst after it hits a zapper is to spawn you in the air rather than on the floor, so it doesn't use the laser attack.  If you want to check, go back and see your frame floating during the cut scene.  Giving us mission x + 100 levels isn't a solution, it's a means to triple the effective length of star chart content, but add nothing.  That's pretty depressing, but it's effectively true when the promise was "we'll introduce it to test and iterate on the idea, and maybe there'll be some cosmetics."  Go back to that conversation, and you'll see that they're trying to make this work with what seems like no plan.  They have to get it implemented, but a lack of testing and vision seems to also be what was Kuva Liches in The Old Blood update.  Released way too early, with no effective plan as to how everything functioned together.

Allow me to provide an alternative.  Instead of multiple nodes on everything in the star chart, let's include Simaris.  Select a mission type, a tile set, an enemy type, and an initial spawn level.  Simaris wants to test you in battle, so there's no option to get resource drops, like ESO/SO.  What you instead get is tokens based upon a game type, the enemy level, and at the intervals you normally get them (enemy type may also play a role, so people don't always choose a specific faction).  Each week there's a maximum token reward for each game type.  This gives players the chance to run lower levels, but lots, or to run less higher level missions.  Provide a small selection of the conclave rewards, on a rotating basis, and throw in some unique stuff occasionally like Baro does to make grinding for the tokens reasonable.  Now you have a controlled grind, rewards that scale, and an incentive to return weekly when things refresh.  Old players get to set enemy levels, new players aren't prevented from running missions but will effectively be dis-incentivized because no resources drop and they'll get curb stomped by higher level enemies.  

2 hours ago, Schritzophrenic said:

So I did the weeklys, farmed 10 cephalite, used it on the *redacted*, and i fell off the edge. I was trying to see if I could explore. My issue is I spent hours getting that mere 10, and you have to unlock it with 10 EVERY TIME you enter the scene. Is this a bug or did you intend the unlock to be non-permanent? 

Yes apparently.  My first experience was the same.  

Let me offer you one better.  They define a very limited amount of time.  My second run I jumped through a few platforms, and came to some options.  Apparently jumping on the wrong platform simply despawns it, so you're going to have to farm a ton of these to investigate.  I've seen as many as 5 spawn, and as few as 1 spawn.  It's a real crap shoot, and the enemies dropping the stuff aren't even unique.  Maybe it would be reasonable if there was any tutorial, but no.  It seems like you should farm the items, and wait for somebody to release a guide.  It's just a shame that we got another release that came out this half done.  First the enemies don't even spawn.  Next they do but inconsistently drop a required resource.  Finally you enter the game and have no clue or explanation as to how this stuff works.  

Tell me again, exactly what is the point of participating if you're an alpha tester during the early days?

Hey DE, if you're listening let's get a tutorial.  It's pretty backwards to introduce something without explaining, and expect us to want to participate in the mystery.  Right now, my money is on waiting until somebody releases the correct path on youtube and not participate until that time.  It's depressing to say, but right now that's the reality of the system.

Please fix the shroud skin, while its still new without been DElayed for the next two years, the accent colours are everywhere and should not cover 90% of the frame (yellow), and not one section are tint-able or able to be coloured as metal. This will be a posted every time a new hotfix goes live to remind you that a section of your update is bugged or was not planned out well enough and needs to be fixed ASAP until this is resolved.

http://vPBuMcn.jpg

Ash Shroud Deluxe Skin

Soooo... that glassmaker guessing game or whatever the f*** this is : due to random spawn it took me more than 2 hours to get 10 of it, then i failed the "thing" because it was confusing at first, and i lost another hour trying to get 10 cephalite again.

DE, this is boring at an astronomic level.

Archived