Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.1

[DE]Rebecca

So, if you're frustrated let's go through a basic non-spoiler tutorial for the new event, because DE couldn't be bothered.

Glassmaker is a mystery, in which you are the detective.  Upon first loading the nightwave in they will introduce you to a new area.  As this has been pictured often, it's a non-spoiler to tell you it's someone who has been encased in glass.  From here, you're introduced to a very small area, which you can explore.  Nora will tell you as such.

Upon doing what was told, you'll find interactable objects.  The number is listed once the first is found, and the area is enclosed by invisible walls.  Explore, find all of the objects, and remember to jot down what you find.  Pay attention to anything highlighted in the descriptions, any unique information, and any markings or pictures which don't match anything else.  Remember, they are sign-posting you a mystery.

Now that you've found everything, there will be a change.  It's visually obvious, so go check it out.  Upon doing so, you'll be introduced to the new grind.  Remember how fun it was to find the Saturn Six, or the disciples of Arlo?  Well, it's happening again.  The catch is they spawn only if you're in a mission, and appear to be on a regular timer  You do what you do, and they have a chance to drop the resource you need.  The catch, if you're not in a loot frame they drop between 1 and 5 of the loot you need per spawn event.  How many do you need, that's right you need 10.  It's highly recommended to have a looting frame, where you can consistently get between 6 and 8 units per spawn event.  Those frames are Khora (Pilfering Strangledome), Hydroid (Pilfering Swarm), and Nekros (Desecrate).  

Now that you've got the item you need, let's talk the investigation.  Did you remember to write down those notes?  If not, it's time to refresh yourself.  Enter the Nightwave, and make sure you're ready.  You'll have 60 seconds to complete an "investigation" and you can quite easily lose.  What do you need to do?  You'll spawn on a central platform, and around you will spawn 3 smaller platforms.  Use your notes from the items, and play a basic matching game. 

Let's set an example.  If this were Clue, and you found a gun next to a dead body you'd potentially see a gun platform, a knife platform, and a candlestick platform.  Jump on the gun platform, and the next central platform will spawn.  The joke here is Professor Plum in the observatory with the gun, and for those who still play board games you'll either laugh or cringe.  For those too young, I envy your ignorance.

If you jump on the wrong platform it will despawn, and you will fall into the abyss.  Time to grind that resource again.  If you get the right platform you'll enter the next central platform and get another 3 small choice platforms.  Repeat until you've exhausted your clues, and there's some sort of event.  Again, move with speed.  You have 60 seconds, if you fall off a platform you are ejected, and if you make the wrong choice the platform despawns.  

OK, now that you've received a basic tutorial, go out and do what you're supposed to.  Hopefully DE can figure out that this being plopped out without any explanation of the mechanics is a failure, but I'm not holding my breath.  Given that the entire story seems to be text boxes it seems like this will either be an impressive bit of lore, or more likely given the rewards being heavily weighted to cosmetics after half a year of intermission this is going to be an exponentially increasing requirement for a new one time use resource that's going to make the mystery less interesting than the frustration of timer spawning waits.

Beacons to spawn Vay Hek on Earth

Tremba Essence

Limbo Fragments

Injectors - for the defection boosters

Nakak Pearls

All of the Nightwave credits that are simply credit fodder if not spent

Yeah, the list of items that are one and done is pretty long.  I know my list is incomplete, but at this point going on is tiring.  Oh yeah, when is the next relay going to be rebuilt...?  Never?  No second chance to earn the Zylok...(snicker)...  Sorry, can't say that with a straight face. 

My point would be that this is a great time to rebuild a relay focused around the railjacks, where you could introduce an entirely new setup.  We had special relays for the Scarlet Spear.  Reuse the assets you already have, have an event that lets us rebuild 2-4 relays, and you've got 2 months of event that would require only a few bits of new content to bring to the table.  The presence of Railjacks would explain why invasions couldn't destroy them, but allow for the regular relays to still be in peril from the fomorians and razorback armadas.  Add on two or three character areas, allow us to trade wreckage, and you can even introduce the refresh to archwings (modular archwings are still planned?) as an uplink from the new relays to the dojos.  Oh look, an organic explanation of the complete change to the system, that links the dojo, relays, railjacks, and archwings to start melding the content.  The only thing missing is regular mission integration, but that's a bit much to ask considering that my idea is functionally recycling 90% of what you already have.

I've noticed a minor quality of life issue where clicking on the investigation button doesn't open the steam page for Return of the Obra Dinn but instead involves some wonky timed 3d platforming by mistake. I'm confident this is just an unfortunate mishap and will be fixed as soon as possible.

22 hours ago, ADHE710 said:

They said that deadlock protocol was going to drop on may too so I was hopping that they were dropping all the content the same day. Also, When you go to the kitgun seller ( aftermath this hotfix) you Can See that they are specifying that those kitguns parts are used to build a secondary kitgun 

Well ... they also mentioned June ... and then July, so, yeah, color me unsurprized that it didn't drop with glassmaker, and honestly, I doubt they'd give us filler content and some actual content immediately afterwards, wouldn't make much sense, now if they'd dropped glassmaker much earlier, say April, I could see Deadlock protocol dropping in may, but as it stands, I find that Highly improbable..

On 2020-05-12 at 4:37 PM, SocialFox said:

Boggles the mind is what it does. Like, they want a challenge, they want tougher enemies, but they also want everyone else to face the same tougher enemies, I swear it''s like people enjoy watching others struggle only to say "GitGudBoi" and complain that they get all these leechers that can't oneshot a lvl 200 bombard or whatever.

This is exactly the kind of toxicity that I hope will be segregated from the rest of the community with their new "Difficulty" modes.

Yup yup. Player choice is important. Honestly though. The reason the rest of the community thinks of them as try-hards? In part, I'm sure, due to the fact that there's no benefit to running the missions longer other than the added challenge. Only Fissure Missions have anything resembling scaling rewards as time goes on. There's little/no reason to do anything other than 4 rotations and reset, in most cases. Having Hard Modes that give better rewards would feel far more rewarding than pointlessly waiting around for the same tiers of rewards for an hour, just to get harder enemies.

Archived