Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Series 3 — The Glassmaker

[DE]Helen

On 2020-10-23 at 9:56 AM, master_of_destiny said:

You know, this is why veterans get to hating newer players.  People who cannot see the nose past their face, and act like entitled jerks because they don't know any better.

Let me explain to you why you're being a more entitled and whiny person than anyone you claim to be entitled.

We've gotten a total of 5 Nightwave chapters in about three years.  That is to say almost 3 chapters and two intermissions.  The system replaced was the alert system.  The reason that the alerts "had to be replaced" was because they were "a relic from a different time."  That's all DE, not my words.

Now, what was promised as a replacement?  Well, they'd be copying what Fortnite and similar games were doing, and that was a season pass system.  How does that work?  Well, you string smaller daily an larger goals together to accumulate points, points unlock rewards, and if they've planned things out you can earn all of the rewards with some wiggle room in a defined and rigid "season" time period.  That sounds great, right?  I mean, the only way you could screw this up is by dragging out the season for an indeterminate amount of time, so that the rewards effectively could not be earned....oh, right.  That's what DE did with season 1, then they had weeks with nothing, then they introduced the intermission, which was not a defined length, before finally doing season 2, another huge and undefined intermission, started season 3 on track for one segment every 4 weeks, and have officially gotten to the last segment with way more than 4 weeks and no end date in sight.  

So, let's look at the rewards.  I'll ballpark this out, so we can simply understand the setup.  The Alert system could have literal months where you wouldn't earn a reactor, catalyst, Vauban part, or other things because they only lasted for a couple of hours at most.  If that alert happened while you were asleep too bad for you.  Theoretically then the season model could offer much better rewards, that you choose.  That is until you lose access to all cosmetics, most aura mods, and most importantly Nitain.  They took away the randomness of things, but the truth is that they also decreased your rewards by giving you the illusion of complete choice.

For veterans the choice is to get the meager new cosmetics, or the catalyst/reactor.  Everything else is repeated, so completing the challenges becomes a joke.  For new players you've either got the ability to purchase necessary aura mods, items for mastery rank, or cosmetics.  That very limited quantity of event credits can quickly be expended, and because it's on an unknown duration you're simply out of luck.  Yes, it is choice.  Despite this choice it's less rewards period.

Now, is the above OK.  No.  If DE dedicated people to this and it was a set length it would be fine.  They don't.  DE took a system that wasn't broken, and fixed it such that it was beholden to their bass-ackwards release schedule inconsistency.  That's hooking a brand new wagon up to a horse with a leg you know is broken, and being utterly surprised when you don't suddenly have a better experience in this new wagon.

So, let me give this to you in a sentence because most people who lack any ability to understand others need TL;DR.  Nightwave is less rewards, hidden behind the illusion of choice, and because of DE's failings they drag on for too long.

If you missed the point, explain how the dumpster fire of Fallout 76 managed to get this right.  Release content, have an end date, make everything rewarding, so people come back.  Alternatively, release with no end date.  Have people grind until they get the one unique non-cosmetic, then disregard because the work to reward ratio sucks (that's umbra forma BTW).  Bethesda is a flaming dumpster fire, and managed to understand this better than DE.  That's comically depressing, and points to DE having ambition but no planning or management skills.  They broke something already working, then fixed it to be worse.

Let me catalog the alternatives I've heard proposed, as high level thoughts.

-Galleon/Corpus treasure ship weekly missions to replace the alerts for large reward caches.

-Longer duration alerts, with more rewards, but less of them.

-Hourly alerts, instead of completely RNG scattershot.

-Alerts rewarding tokens to allow you to purchase what you want from a new vendor.

-Alerts not offering garbage rewards.  That's credits, common resources, and the like.  The idea here being less of a pool of stuff, so more of them are rewarding.

-Relic like rewards from alerts.  You could make them radiant, and open them like Engrams in Destiny.  This way it's all rewarding, but you don't have to be time bound.

Fill in your own ideas, but the truth here is that Nightwave is not better than alerts.  It's different, and would have been worth overlooking, but the issue is weeks upon weeks of thumb twiddling for no rewards....which is what we were promised to have when the alert rewards were removed.

Damn me this is really well worded and sooo true.. thank you for putting down here what a lot of us know and agree with.  This NW is just crap to be blunt.. the first few months it seemed to be on track then the broken leg on the horse made the wheels fall off the DE wagon..  DE must have fired the one person who actually had a plan to keep WF going forward, cause atm WF is burning through players old and new, and DE dont really seems to care anymore.

Edited by -AncientWarrior-
  • Like 1

I got drunk with FPS, so searching for evidence was only a pain.
Being moved in a creepy scene also made me nauseous.
It was also very unpleasant for NORA to come in during the mission.
Why did you implement such a long-term restraint event?
Please refrain from events to increase the number of simultaneous connections.
WARFRAME needs neither NIGHIWAVE nor an OPEN WORLD.
It is a test play that is close to the user.
I want you to know this feeling.
If UNBRA FORMA had sold for $ 100, I wouldn't have played nightwave.

Translated from Japanese by Google Translate.

On 2020-10-26 at 1:30 PM, GEN-Son_17 said:

People then vets started complaining about the lack of "meaningful" rewards while others complained about "not enough variety" of rewards. DE, once again, obliged and offered special mods, rotations per week and even tossed in a good lore story for good measure.

What are you talking about? The mods are from the conclave selection of mods, they just made them usable in PvE. Rotations were always per week and the stories were always lore oriented. 

On 2020-10-26 at 1:30 PM, GEN-Son_17 said:

People complained about not having enough time to earn the rewards. DE then extended the time intervals.

De didn't extend the time intervals to what they have been because of anyone. They just don't have the next part ready. I doubt anyone needed over 6 months, at that point if you miss it, you miss it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

Damn me this is really well worded and sooo true.. thank you for putting down here what a lot of us know and agree with.  This NW is just crap to be blunt.. the first few months it seemed to be on track then the broken leg on the horse made the wheels fall off the DE wagon..  DE must have fired the one person who actually had a plan to keep WF going forward, cause atm WF is burning through players old and new, and DE dont really seems to care anymore.

I don't know if anyone remembers the main thing that was behind Nightwave. DE was tired of making quests for Warframes and tying it to lore-rich missions. But still wanted a way to make more exposition for lore in-game and came up with Nightwave, a magical place where inconsistent storytelling can take place. And then tied artificial rewards to it.

That's why we are where we are. Stories that would be good if not told over couple months. Rewards that would be good if they were obtainable (newcomers) or interesting (vets). And challenges that effectively cause burnout because of initial FOMO.

Just another example of a grand idea and vision but tragic execution and mismanagement. 

Edited by Wawus
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Wawus said:

I don't know if anyone remembers the main thing that was behind Nightwave. DE was tired of making quests for Warframes and tying it to lore-rich missions. But still wanted a way to make more exposition for lore in-game and came up with Nightwave, a magical place where inconsistent storytelling can take place. And then tied artificial rewards to it.

That's why we are where we are. Stories that would be good if not told over couple months. Rewards that would be good if they were obtainable (newcomers) or interesting (vets). And challenges that effectively cause burnout because of initial FOMO.

Just another example of a grand idea and vision but tragic execution and mismanagement. 

This is totally accurate .. great ideas being poorly executed and managed badly, with a lack of any quality communication.  DE or 10cent(DE) needs to rethink what this game is about because at the moment it feels like its all about the money not the game!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Aikonce said:

Can someone explain me the difference between these 2? 

2aQPLWcbbk8.jpg

If i have this: 
9DXZRycfVaQ.jpg

...which should i pick?

Choose the one on the left.

Why?  Look at the glowy green bits in the center.  The one on the left is an open, closed, closed pattern.  The one on the right is an open top with a solid bottom.

While you're at this, make sure you know the pattern of the other item.  It's not the overall investigative piece, but the bit suspended in the middle.

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 1

Please put Snipetron blueprint on Nabelus event as well!! I can't reach mastery 30 because i'm missing this weapon,  since it was related with the plague event and you put plague zaw on nabelus event, you should put snipetron as well!! We can't reach mastery 30 without it.

Edited by InForma1

1 час назад, SpicyDinosaur сказал:

no you don't. You are entering the fight via the wrong way if you do this. The direct fight entrance is not exactly hard to see lol.

How?? can you say please :( Im pressing 5 number in menu, go to place with clues and pressing statue again...then jump puzzle,alot of talk, and only then boss :( 

21 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

How?? can you say please :( Im pressing 5 number in menu, go to place with clues and pressing statue again...then jump puzzle,alot of talk, and only then boss :( 

Did you not see the crystal floating in front of the statue that appeared after the first successful clue run through. Go straight to boss fight no sephilite required after first failed attempt at boss!! Go to crystal on second attempt and future trys. Ps DE worst boss ever if you don't have good timing or you have lag. Never have i sworn so much as this game. Swords great

• Like 1

22 часа назад, (PS4)camwyn-xenos сказал:

Did you not see the crystal floating in front of the statue that appeared after the first successful clue run through. Go straight to boss fight no sephilite required after first failed attempt at boss!! Go to crystal on second attempt and future trys. Ps DE worst boss ever if you don't have good timing or you have lag. Never have i sworn so much as this game. Swords great

yeah, found it myself but anyway ty alot for answer. It seems im blind :'D  
also finaly beat this boss and yes sword is nice. A bit sad that aoe smash attack has 4 radious (when War or Gram has 8 on normal and 9 meters on heavy attack), but anyway. :3 

I just want to provide some feedback on the Glassmaker story content gameplay itself:

- story was neat!

- cosmetics great

- like the lore about where cephalons come from, that's dark

- HATE the investigation mechanic. Not the idea of it, mind, but the slow movement speed, the not being able to see what the items are or where they dropped... I know the idea is to look for things but they are SO hard for me to see. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I waste forever on the crime scenes, I like the idea of it but the execution is just not enjoyable to me. The actual act of playing these scenes feels terrible to me.

• Like 1

Ran out of cephalite resonance trying to get to the boss fight. Was totally confused about one of the clues, the Orokin Legem. The one on the platform looked nothing like the one I found and I kept guessing wrong. I'm honestly probably just going to give up on the event. Please add a non-annoying way to get the unique weapon in the future! Thanks.

Edited by (XB1)Earth Nuggets

2 hours ago, (XB1)Earth Nuggets said:

Ran out of cephalite resonance trying to get to the boss fight. Was totally confused about one of the clues, the Orokin Legem. The one on the platform looked nothing like the one I found and I kept guessing wrong. I'm honestly probably just going to give up on the event. Please add a non-annoying way to get the unique weapon in the future! Thanks.

Pay attention to the clues. The icons are different. You just have to memorize them. The clues are a bit more difficult in this one compared to the previous ones, but ultimately not that hard.

• 1 month later...