The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Abilities permanently bound to touchpad

(PSN)MrQuinine

I rebound my touchpad swipes to gear wheel slots to make accessing my Archwing and archgun faster. But with the Glassmaker update, abilities have been permanently bound to the swipes, and they override the gear slot assignment. Further, there does not appear to be a way to unbind them. I tried resetting my controls to default and then assigning the gear slots again, but it didn’t work.

• Like 6

Confirm... and here's details:

PS4 controller swipe pad setup:

vbvASrV.jpg

which links gear items to my swipe pads, so when I need Life, Archwing Launcher, Energy, ect... It's at my fingertips instead of going through a whole gear wheel where I could potentially mess up what I select.  This worked fine until yesterday.

After patch yesterday hotkey swipes are now back to abilities... I was thinking okay, no problem, I can just reset them back and everything should be fine.  It worked fine until I restarted the game for one reason or another.  The hotkey swipe pad reverts back to Ability A,B,C and D every time.  Also, when you open up the Options button > Options > Customize Controller and select any of the swipe pad options and look they are all located in two different places every time.  Here's a screenshot that shows the down swipe twice:

6knMgHQ.jpg

It's like that for up, left and right swipes as well just further down the scroll menu.

I also changed the Right D pad button from Inspect to a gear item as well, because I just use the chat menu or type /profile (player name) to do what that does, so I found it useless.  The Right D pad option hotkey WORKS fine right out starting the application, which is kind of confusing considering it's not first on the list like the swipe keys:

6QkMJ0m.jpg

As you can see the Right-D pad is still in two places... the Right-D pad option in the list works when application starts.  Though, for the swipe options you have to reconfigure the whole thing back to default then circle out/save, then go back in and change it back to hotkeys gear numbers.  This only fixes it until you restart the game.

This PS4 bug so far is driving me bonkers!  I hope it's an easy bug to fix and please fix it soon.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Poestis said:

Here's a screenshot that shows the down swipe twice

Damn, reminds me of the "Destiny" story where someone supposedly tried to get super rocket homing by equipping Gallajorn and a helmet with the rocket homing perk; apparently, the game quit because it couldn't decide which perk to enhance, and gave him dumbfire rockets instead.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Damn, reminds me of the "Destiny" story where someone supposedly tried to get super rocket homing by equipping Gallajorn and a helmet with the rocket homing perk; apparently, the game quit because it couldn't decide which perk to enhance, and gave him dumbfire rockets instead.

lol, well the game doesn't crash but it only sets off just one of whatever was there or what was assigned... Touch pad seems to be the worst part though.

If you want to temporarily fix it until you close the game: 

1. Assign the Ability buttons back to the swipes,
  2. then back out and SAVE it. 
  3. After that, go back in and re-pick the swipe shortcuts you had and back out and SAVE it.

Until you crash, or restart the game it works.. Still annoying that you have to reconfigure it EVERY time.

Hope they fix this soon.

Edited by (PS4)Poestis
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, (PS4)Poestis said:

3. After that, go back in and re-pick the swipe shortcuts you had and back out and SAVE it.

Until you crash, or restart the game it works.. Still annoying that you have to reconfigure it EVERY time.

Hope they fix this soon.

I actually tried that. It was my first thought when I noticed the issue. Didn't help at all.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

I actually tried that. It was my first thought when I noticed the issue. Didn't help at all.

Try it again and follow steps exactly.  Everyone I have explained it to in PS4 Party chat has been able to fix it if they rebind the ABILITIES and CIRCLE back to save them, Then go back in and change it to hotkeys.  If you are seeing that there is STILL two direction swipes, like the two same down swipes assigned (Ability B and Gear Hotkey 1) to two different things in this screenshot below, then you will still have the issue.

6knMgHQ.jpg

My buddy did assign it correctly, but what he got confused by is when he went into his gear wheel and looked, the symbol was a different swipe direction for him, BUT in game, the hotkey worked how he set it up. 

This is a Temporary fix for until you log out of the game... then you have to do this whole process over again when you turn back on the game.

Yeah, hope this helps you though.

Edited by (PS4)Poestis
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, (PS4)Poestis said:

Hope they fix this soon.

This is excellent, thank you. I'll give this a shot the next time I fire up my game. I have my scanner, Samaris target traps, and healing pizza's bound to these; the frustration at not being able to quickly choose any of these options is very real!

• Like 1

It seems DE looked into it and unable hotfix it. We have to wait for next Cert.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Known issue: 

We have investigated ‘Touch Screen’ related issues (with swiping to be specific) where custom bindings are not registering assigned commands and instead performing the default ability cast, as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1192457-button-binding-conflict-investigating/page/2/

Unfortunately, as we looked into the bug we discovered that the fix touches on code that can only be changed via Cert. We understand this is a frustrating issue, as most are when out of Hotfix reach. If you are affected by the bug, there is a temporary fix! If you chose to, reset your bindings to default and then reassign your ‘Touch Screen’ bindings. The newly assigned custom bindings should now work as intended until you close and re-open the game (rinse repeat after opening the game). 

• Like 1

Hello.

I noticed something while I was doing 6 perfect captuers for weekly nightwave. If you equip Tranq Rifle from wheel menu, then binding on touchpad/touchscreen (whatever) works without any issue. 

Also it can be done with fishing spears. 

Does not work with : scanner, drill, archgun

• Like 1

Idk if this is related, but just before the hotfix, I stopped by Maroo's, found my dpad-left showed 'Inspect' prompt. When looking at the controller diagram, it showed 'Switch Weapon' (as normal), but still assigned, but 'Inspect' was doubled up on it.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk