Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acersecomic

I just hate riven rolling....

It is just so depressing, disappointing, and a waste of time and resourced 99% of the time...

I just.... eh.... I always close the game after a waste of time playing...

DE once said, "we want players to always come out of missions with something" but this is not just nothing, this is a loss.

I just... ehhhhh....

Especially when you roll like 10 times and 10 times it rolls the same stats... like some rivens are just pre-programmed to be bad... ehhh

I feel depressed now... nice end of a day...

Don't do it, i roll it 5 maybe 10 times till something decent, if not, let it be, they are not mandatory and just another bandaid DE failed to buff instead old things thne this crap system.

A false feeling of having something to do.

Now you know why rivens are just endo to me 😛 Get rivens or kuva from sorties, be salty for the wasted time with horrible reward. Then I dissolve them.

The game got so much better when I dumped rivens/kuva and quit using them. No more weeks of farming kuva, no more playing the riven slot machine.

That’s RNG for you. It’s best you just roll that thing when you got Kuva from Sorties. Farming Kuva isn’t that profitable.

I said it before and Il say it again... Dont Roll Rivens for weapons you are not interested in.... I've got 80 Rolls on my Corinth (I don't like the Prime) and honestly... it doesn't bother me... only because I like the Corinth.... now If I got a Rubico/Bramma Riven and kept rolling that then I would be miserable... because as much fun as they are and as good as they are... They just arent the Corinth.... I've gotten a Rubico and Fulmin riven... I sold those for good Platinum without even thinking of Rolling them... 

You gotta do whats good for your Sanity 😉

6 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Now you know why rivens are just endo to me 😛 Get rivens or kuva from sorties, be salty for the wasted time with horrible reward. Then I dissolve them.

The game got so much better when I dumped rivens/kuva and quit using them. No more weeks of farming kuva, no more playing the riven slot machine.

Best Response and Words To Live By :)

Ok, just don't use the system then? They're 100% optional to the game.

But if you want to insist using them anyways then do what I do and only get Kuva while having a login booster active and/or only run Requiem Survivals.

Looks at the 50 to 100 plus times ive had to roll to get something worth while.

Lol.

I admit a bad luck protection would be nice. At least the kuva costs cap at 3500.

Dont always look for 'top' roles that's my advice. If it comes it comes but you can get very good/useful roles regardless. Some of my favourite rivens are actually unconventional utility rivens 

it's just like playing a slot machine: enjoy the lights and prepare for disappointment. still, now that Nightwave is back, you can buy and rank up to get Kuva, so it's just a question of how patient and lucky you are. but usually I get nothing but trash rolls, and eventually after like 15 rolls something serviceable might come up. if I get something good, I stick with it until I feel "lucky" again.. and end up wasting Kuva (though it's not like it gets used for anything else when you've got the items you build with it, so *shrugs*)

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

It is just so depressing, disappointing, and a waste of time and resourced 99% of the time...

I just.... eh.... I always close the game after a waste of time playing...

DE once said, "we want players to always come out of missions with something" but this is not just nothing, this is a loss.

I just... ehhhhh....

Especially when you roll like 10 times and 10 times it rolls the same stats... like some rivens are just pre-programmed to be bad... ehhh

I dont know how many times I've thrown 20+ rolls on 1 riven and ended up with complete and total poop.

And even if you do get a lucky roll, you don't know if the dispo is gonna get nerfed or not. 

Meanwhile i have over 100 rolls on my Corinth riven and the best thing i got is a +reload speed and +multishot riven (that i got twice, but the second had slightly more multishot than reload speed, while my first has the opposite).

It always sucks coming out of an hour long requiem kuva survival (opening a bunch of requiem relics and choosing the 1.2k kuva for even more kuva), getting like 20k-40k kuva (with a booster, and depending on how nice my Smeeta feels) and then blowing the entire lot on a riven and not getting a single worthwhile. Does feel like a waste of time when you gain all that kuva and then end up wasting the whole lot and not getting something decent.

6 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Don't do it, i roll it 5 maybe 10 times till something decent, if not, let it be, they are not mandatory and just another bandaid DE failed to buff instead old things thne this crap system.

A false feeling of having something to do.

ahh my heart why

Sometimes you have a bad streak and you end up with the best riven you ever had. It's roll the bones content. Except it is the most profitable thing in the game if you want to F2P.

32 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Sometimes you have a bad streak and you end up with the best riven you ever had. It's roll the bones content. Except it is the most profitable thing in the game if you want to F2P.

Is it really that? Cause I do not think that time invested justifies the plat results in anyway over the long run of things. (In case you are prone to being given the middle finger by rng gods on the daily!)

ive rolled over 100 rivens and its never taken me more than 20 rolls to get something thats an upgrade. I usually get something good enough in 10. You're not supposed to roll "god roll rivens" every time just to run to trade chat to make plat. If you're not chasing plat, i dont see why some people would get so stressed over an optional power boost. 

I don't believe Rivens are completely optional. For some weapons, they can be mandatory.

Recent example I had is Astilla. 

I really like the weapon but it's recoil is too strong for me and my head starts to hurt. The real problem is that DE forgot to put Recoil dampening mods for shotguns in the game, so my only choices were to stop using the gun or get a Riven with -Weapon Recoil.

That said! Rolling Rivens is exercise at futility. I had a Battacor Riven with 300 rolls and all were S#&$e. Imagine the wasted Kuva and effort...

The problem solved itself when I bought the Riven I wanted, and that's what I do since then. Sell stuff I don't need and instead of wasting my time and effort on RNG, pay for someone else's good luck.

I highly recommend doing the same.

It's sad most when you roll for a bad weapon that you like just so you can make it useable for fun. 😞 Rolled a Supra like 50+ times cuz I love the gun so much but really wanna make it as strong as my main weapons or at least close but no luck so far.

il y a une heure, Nehra96 a dit :

Is it really that? Cause I do not think that time invested justifies the plat results in anyway over the long run of things. (In case you are prone to being given the middle finger by rng gods on the daily!)

Last week I rerolled a bad Quaratakk riven and got the nuts affixes with high rolls. Those things sell extremly well on trader sites. You can't win if you don't spin the wheel.

Just take the roll count as a number of how much you like this weapon. 

I look at rolling rivens like I do all gambling. Don't bet on the team you want to win, bet on the team you think will win. Also, Don't bet more than you are willing to lose.

I normally don't roll rivens for weapons I use. I roll rivens for weapons I know I can sell for a profit. Take whatever weapons that are the current meta and invest your kuva/plat into those. Roll it as many times as you are willing. If you get a good roll you profit. If you get trash rolls you can at least break even or make a small profit to cover your time/investment. 

When you start rolling rivens for weapons you use looking for specific rolls you not only have your kuva/time invested into it but also emotions. It will lead to rolling it too many times and you will feel like you wasted your time. idk. just how I look at it and it works for me. 

After the Safi'Jiiva update for Monster Hunter World, I feel like DE should take a page out of Capcom's book when it comes to augmenting/rolling regarding the Riven system.

For example, in MHW, if you level up your Safi weapon and do not see any stats you want, you can store that used Dracolite (in Warframe's case, Kuva) to increase 'potential'. Meaning, when you level the weapon up once more (use kuva to do another riven roll) your chances of rolling for better, higher stats increases. The more stored potential, the better the chance.

20 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Dont always look for 'top' roles that's my advice. If it comes it comes but you can get very good/useful roles regardless. Some of my favourite rivens are actually unconventional utility rivens 

I know what you're saying mate but... most rolls I roll are not worth keeping. I mean like really idiotic rolls that have no place or worth on almost any weapon or are just wrong for that weapon...

I have some utility rivens that are just such joy. I'm not looking for god rolls, just improvement. Like... having CC on my riven. But that doesn't happen unless the riven also has -150% damage or nonsense like that you know... it's just... Or when I rolled a perfect roll for a weapon with three perfect stats for that weapon and.... -130% something damage.

Getting mixed results is still fine but... complete and utter trash rolling for hours of work is just... so... deflating... If we could turn rivens into kuva, there would be a booming market for people who have like a 100+ rolls on their rivens. I have a clanmate with meh rolls on HIS 150+ ROLLS, MULTIPLE RIVENS! Tell me how you roll over 300-400 times on rivens and get nothing?

21 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

Don't make yourself crazy with it. Rivens are one of those things that if I get one, that's great, but definitely not worth going insane trying to constantly reroll. It's doubly crazy considering some of the unlock requirements being ludicrously difficult.

It would be nice if they were spec based (ie: rifle, shotgun, melee, etc) versus being locked to ONE specific weapon. That gets to where they're more hassle than simply building with existing mods.