Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void, Vault Drop Tables Drive Me Crazy


TommY27
 Share

Recommended Posts

They never give you the ones you need the most.

They always give you the ones you already have a lot.

I currently don't have heavy caliber and fleeting expertise,

so i have been doing vault runs for more than 50 rounds and still.........

 

I think DE have made the system to drop those you already have more and those you don't have less to drive us crazy.

 

Orokin void rewards and BPs too.

 

 

If you needed system, you keep getting stupid helmets and chassis.

 

If you needed orthos prime blade, you keep getting orthos prime handle.

 

 

The drop system should be revamped so that it prioritize those you don't have at the moment.

 

If you agree with me, vote this post up and leave a comment below!

Edited by TommY27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree with the last sentence, and pretty much the entire post. I doubt the drop table somehow prioritizes those drops you already have. Its all random, you're just getting the short end of the stick. I've heard people complaining about not getting all the parts they need for Nekros, I got all mine in 3 runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I disagree with the last sentence, and pretty much the entire post. I doubt the drop table somehow prioritizes those drops you already have. Its all random, you're just getting the short end of the stick. I've heard people complaining about not getting all the parts they need for Nekros, I got all mine in 3 runs.

I know it's all random, but it makes me feel like the chances are adjusted as if DE wants to make players angry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's all random, but it makes me feel like the chances are adjusted as if DE wants to make players angry.

 

I understand the feeling, I had to do a couple runs before I stopped getting spoiled strike's and finally got fleeting expertise, now I just need overextend and I can (for the most part) stop running these derelict missions and focus on upping my core and credit count.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first 12 corrupt mods here always one that i didnt have, so i think the system doesnt even know what you have or dont have, i also had tough that the vault drops here somehow improved from the rest of the game.

The last few here the most dificult to get (Overextended/corrupt chance), but still, in 32 mods i got, the 16 are amoung them, so i think its better than other parts of the game.

 

Edit: my runs here always solo bc i wasnt in home and using wi-fi connection didnt want to host crap games.

Edited by Rapxtor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My first 12 corrupt mods here always one that i didnt have, so i think the system doesnt even know what you have or dont have, i also had tough that the vault drops here somehow improved from the rest of the game.

The last few here the most dificult to get (Overextended/corrupt chance), but still, in 32 mods i got, the 16 are amoung them, so i think its better than other parts of the game.

 

Edit: my runs here always solo bc i wasnt in home and using wi-fi connection didnt want to host crap games.

 

So you have been carrying E key right? It's the most likely the vault type you encounter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it doesnt prioritize what you dont have....you just have most of what can be dropped there hence it's harder to get what you dont have since most % of probability of drops goes to all that stuff you already have.

 

For example if you have every drop in t2 exterminate possible except the systems, since there is only a 1% chance of drop for the systems in t2 exterminate that gives you 99% chances of getting something you already have....

 

The system doesnt prioritize what you already have it's pure math and chance nothing more nothing else. The 1% chance of drop was still 1% chance of drop the first time you ran t2 exterminate and will still be 1% after you get the systems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you have been carrying E key right? It's the most likely the vault type you encounter.

 

Like i already post it, the most common Vault door is the extinguished (Exterminate), so i only equiped this key and never change it in my runs, i still faced some decaying doors (only one hooble), but most of the time the door key was the extinguished key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be random if it wasn't random, though.

 

Well, the problem is that it really isn't random. In the case of things like void rewards, the dice are very much loaded.

 

For example, note the fact that nobody complains about say, drowning in Dakra Prime Blades. Why? We know from datamining that its chance of appearing even in T3 Ext's is only about 10%. By contrast, the handle has a better than one in three chance of dropping in a T2 (where the blade only has about a 1% chance of dropping).

 

It's the same for other items, including the OP's case; the odds are identically rigged. Better than a 1/3 chance of getting the handle in a T2, only a 1 - 10% chance of getting the blade depending on whether the mission's a T2 or T3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Well, the problem is that it really isn't random. In the case of things like void rewards, the dice are very much loaded.

 

For example, note the fact that nobody complains about say, drowning in Dakra Prime Blades. Why? We know from datamining that its chance of appearing even in T3 Ext's is only about 10%. By contrast, the handle has a better than one in three chance of dropping in a T2 (where the blade only has about a 1% chance of dropping).

 

It's the same for other items, including the OP's case; the odds are identically rigged. Better than a 1/3 chance of getting the handle in a T2, only a 1 - 10% chance of getting the blade depending on whether the mission's a T2 or T3.

that still is considered random just that you have better chances of getting a prize then an other....the lottery works in the same way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that still is considered random just that you have better chances of getting a prize then an other....the lottery works in the same way

But only one person may win lottery, and generally speaking we know it's going to be entirely random. When you play a space ninja shooter are you expecting everything to be random? From drops, to enemies you fight to maps you fight in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that still is considered random just that you have better chances of getting a prize then an other....the lottery works in the same way

 

Actually, it isn't; by most definititions of the term, "random" requires equal probabilities.

 

For example, in the case of your lottery example; a given ticket has an equal chance of winning as any other single ticket. Likewise for say dice, there's an equal chance it'll land on any given face. The drop tables don't work that way - certain outcomes are weighted far more heavily than others. There's a reason very few people call loaded dice "random", they call them fixed.

Edited by Taranis49
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, it isn't; by most definititions of the term, "random" requires equal probabilities.

 

For example, in the case of your lottery example; a given ticket has an equal chance of winning as any other single ticket. Likewise for say dice, there's an equal chance it'll land on any given face. The drop tables don't work that way - certain outcomes are weighted far more heavily than others. There's a reason very few people call loaded dice "random", they call them fixed.

well might be different in the USA but here anyway there is a money prize even if you dont have ALL the numbers...just that it's gonna be a lower ammount of money but since you need less numbers you also have a higher chance of getting it which is the same as current RNG for void

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...