Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoilers] So.. did DE just pull a D2/Bungie and gave as a community puzzle to solve?

Vit0Corleone

Not going into details not to spoil anything, but I'm getting from Glassmaker vibes of "corridors of time" event that D2 did recently.

As in, we have a labyrinth, that will take a long time to solve, unless we .. lift together?  🤔🤔

Or maybe not. Thoughts? 😄 

Edit:

Should have explained better what I meant.

Not long ago, Destiny 2 had a sort of a event/quest that they added ("corridors of time"), that turned out to be a huge labyrinth that people had to solve.

This labyrinth was so complex, that it would take a person forever to solve it. So the community banded together and coordinated with multiple groups of players working together to solve it. Essentially each player would map small sections of the labyrinth, and the organizers would put everything together.

This went on for some time ( I think maybe a week or so? ), and you would see very organized groups leading the effort and streaming online so everyone would follow the progress ( including maps, spreadsheets, whatnot ).

I didn't participate myself, but I followed it on the news/streamers/youtubers/etc. It was quite impressive and drawn dozens of thousands of twitch viewers during that period.

I remember at the time thinking "would be cool if Warframe did something similar". And now we have Glassmaker with a "labyrinth" to solve, which is why I got vibes from "corridors of time".

( if anyone has better knowledge about how "corridors of time" went, feel free to correct me/fill the gaps, I was only a spectator )

Edited by Vit0Corleone

Seems extremely self contained to me. The game straight tells you to come back till you have enough material to progress and the material has little rhyme to it spawning, its just whever it feels like. Unless theres something later on, its probably going to continue with the trend of "we give you a base scenario. Come back later to pay for the rest of it" for all 5 episodes.

It also doesnt seem to even take that long to get overall.

Edit: guess i stand corrected give some things ive heard. Ill have to wait and see for myself.

Edited by Annnoth

6 minutes ago, Annnoth said:

Seems extremely self contained to me. The game straight tells you to come back till you have enough material to progress and the material has little rhyme to it spawning, its just whever it feels like. Unless theres something later on, its probably going to continue with the trend of "we give you a base scenario. Come back later to pay for the rest of it" for all 5 episodes.

Edit: guess i stand corrected give some things ive heard. Ill have to wait and see for myself.

Sounds like you haven't reached the labyrinth yet.

28 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Not going into details not to spoil anything, but I'm getting from Glassmaker vibes of "corridors of time" event that D2 did recently.

As in, we have a labyrinth, that will take a long time to solve, unless we .. lift together?  🤔🤔

Not necessarily. I haven't played Destiny 2. At the same time, this doesn't feel akin to a community event as much as it's for all players independently. It would be a community event, in my opinion, if it involved players gathering a set number of stuff to progress the story and unravel the puzzle on their respective consoles (or platforms [e.g., xbox one, ps4, switch, pc]). Glassmaker isn't that. 

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250

7 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Not necessarily. I haven't played Destiny 2. At the same time, this doesn't feel akin to a community event as much as it's for all players independently. It would be a community event, in my opinion, if it involved players gathering a set number of stuff to progress the story and unravel the puzzle on their respective consoles (or platforms [e.g., xbox one, ps4, switch, pc]). Glassmaker isn't that. 

Maybe I should have explained what I meant, since of course not everyone knows what I'm talking about.

I'll edit the OP

No idea since I'm still trying to get the rifts to spawn. Which there is zero clarification on regarding where they can spawn. Been running a mix of syndicate missions, kuva siphons/flood, kuva fortress survival/fissure, been in orb valis and it has only spawned once with no glass corrupted mobs, and that was during a syndicate mission.

Do we really need to run trivial S#&$ for these things to spawn?

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

No idea since I'm still trying to get the rifts to spawn. Which there is zero clarification on regarding where they can spawn. Been running a mix of syndicate missions, kuva siphons/flood, kuva fortress survival/fissure, been in orb valis and it has only spawned once with no glass corrupted mobs, and that was during a syndicate mission.

I managed to spawn them fairly easy, but no idea if it's the most efficient way.

This is what I did:

Went to Orb Vallis, enrichment labs. Stayed there for a while, letting the alert raise, so enemies kept spawning.

Some time after, the "thing" shows up and starts turning enemies into glass. Since the alert is high on the Vallies, enemies keep coming in and getting turned into glass.

My first time I got 7 resonance , second I got 6.

When you turn 10 of them is when you get to the next phase that has the labyrinth.

Each attempt at going through the labyrinth, you have 60 seconds and it will consume 10 resonance.

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Or just do your normal routine and just let it happen. Seriously, is it not occurring to people like you that DE doesn't want you to finish it this in short time?

• Like 1

Just now, NekroArts said:

Or just do your normal routine and just let it happen. Seriously, is it not occurring to people like you that DE doesn't want you to finish it this in short time?

"people like you"? 

I'm just expecting all parts of the game to have the same probability of spawning the mobs. If you had actually read what I wrote you'd see that I've run plenty of different missions since the update and had one single fracture spawn that did nothing. If DE didnt want people to finish it in a short time they wouldnt put heavy weight on the most trivial content in the game as the source for this, they'd distribute it evenly. You'd think doing the whole week's acts would atleast yield some of these.

As @Vit0Corleoneshows in the post above your's a very simple run in OV yields them. And there are people running Ophelia for roughly 1/min. My point was not regarding efficiency or having it given instantly, it was about being able to do what we want while getting it. Which should be natural given the wide gap when it comes to progression in the game. It isnt one bit interesting to sit in completely trivial content.

So exactly what would "people like you" really mean here? Someone who wants to enjoy all parts of the game and not get pigeon holed into something that is well below their progress?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

Edit:

Should have explained better what I meant.

Not long ago, Destiny 2 had a sort of a event/quest that they added ("corridors of time"), that turned out to be a huge labyrinth that people had to solve.

This labyrinth was so complex, that it would take a person forever to solve it. So the community banded together and coordinated with multiple groups of players working together to solve it. Essentially each player would map small sections of the labyrinth, and the organizers would put everything together.

This went on for some time ( I think maybe a week or so? ), and you would see very organized groups leading the effort and streaming online so everyone would follow the progress ( including maps, spreadsheets, whatnot ).

I didn't participate myself, but I followed it on the news/streamers/youtubers/etc. It was quite impressive and drawn dozens of thousands of twitch viewers during that period.

I remember at the time thinking "would be cool if Warframe did something similar". And now we have Glassmaker with a "labyrinth" to solve, which is why I got vibes from "corridors of time".

( if anyone has better knowledge about how "corridors of time" went, feel free to correct me/fill the gaps, I was only a spectator )

I heard about this via a Destiny Youtuber. To go back to what I said, Glassmaker doesn't seem like that as it will unravel for players based on their respective progress and how DE has set up how, and in what speed (for lack of a better word), the info is presented to us. What you are describing is a community event where many players have to unite to solve the puzzle. Glassmaker is for each of us to solve independently. 

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

So exactly what would "people like you" really mean here? Someone who wants to enjoy all parts of the game and not get pigeon holed into something that is well below their progress?

Like I said

15 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Or just do your normal routine and just let it happen.

I never went off the assumption that you would have to do specifics, your OP gives off the impression that you're impatient of just letting it happen. That you're actively trying to find it when by design it's random.

• Like 2

Just now, NekroArts said:

Like I said

I never went off the assumption that you would have to do specifics, your OP gives off the impression that you're impatient of just letting it happen. That you're actively trying to find it when by design it's random.

Yes and apparently you didnt read my post since my routine obviously yielded none over a time period of near 4 hours. While trivial lowbie content yields about 1 per minute. You dont see the imbalance in that?

Impatient after 4 hours when I've tried to stay away from actively farming them? Hence my question "Do we really need to run trivial S#&$ for these things to spawn?", where the answer seems to be yes according to the info on the forums.

Also, it obviously isnt random when people can farm specific places for it. Random by design would mean all places would have a % chance to spawn them equally, which isnt the case. The info in the game implies it is common from mission without any specification. Nearly 4 hours with only a single broken spawn is not common in my book. They may wanna be clearer with the info.

as long as they don't pull a Bungie anywhere else...last cool thing D2 had IMO was that halloween event where you fought in that Infinite garden or whatever it was called on Mercury (can't remember it's name, it was the big Triangle Portal thing in the Osiris expansion.) that was the last time I had fun with that game.

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

DE tried this with Buried Debts

Their website contained four slide puzzles, and while the general public was technically given access the URLs were sent straight to prominent partners. The puzzles were obviously partial maps of the Orb Vallis, and when solved they would reveal the approximate locations (within ten meters) of hidden scannable Easter eggs. When players scanned them, a progress bar on the star chart would start filling up. When all sixteen progress bars were maxed, it would reveal a special hack panel similar to the ones used in the Sacrifice quest. But instead of hints, we were just given a 16-letter code wheel, with every letter in the Corpus alphabet. We had to decipher them, realize it was an anagram, and plug the de-anagram'd passphrase in. When finally solved, it would unlock the Exploiter Orb boss fight

The entire thing was a disaster. The map was assembled within minutes, but the rate of actual scanning was so slow that we would never actually finish it -- turns out, not enough of us cared to spread the word. Within seven days, DE just gave up and set all the progress bars to 100%. As a result, I don't think DE are going to try ARGs again anytime soon

Edited by TARINunit9

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yes and apparently you didnt read my post since my routine obviously yielded none over a time period of near 4 hours. While trivial lowbie content yields about 1 per minute. You dont see the imbalance in that?

Impatient after 4 hours when I've tried to stay away from actively farming them? Hence my question "Do we really need to run trivial S#&$ for these things to spawn?", where the answer seems to be yes according to the info on the forums.

Also, it obviously isnt random when people can farm specific places for it. Random by design would mean all places would have a % chance to spawn them equally, which isnt the case. The info in the game implies it is common from mission without any specification. Nearly 4 hours with only a single broken spawn is not common in my book. They may wanna be clearer with the info.

Random doesn't always mean equal chance. Even after doing that Ophelia run, literally only got 1 spawned right after the 5 minute mark in a 20 minute run. I ran it again, this time I only stayed a little over 5 minutes and it didn't spawn.

As unfortunate that not everyone will be as lucky, it's arrogant to think that the system is rigged because of luck. Almost every mission we can do in this game is trivial, but that doesn't mean they have a better chance of spawning the Glass things. It just happens.

4 hours ago, Annnoth said:

Except if you fail the trial you have to refarm that resource to try again. There’s also a 1min timer, so you know no pressure or anything.