Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glassmaker investigation

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I kinda disagree, honestly. A virtual world meant to test how much you've been paying attention, but that isn't supposed to last more than 2 minutes or so? Sounds to me like it could describe a mastery test or the killer's mind palace equally

it seems you missed my point "my point is, it doesnt grant you MR progression, i gives you NWR progression... they are 2 different systems."
or you might as well compare it to various other things from MR tests too.

im just saying, treat it as a new different mission, after all, that is what it is.

46 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

it seems you missed my point "my point is, it doesnt grant you MR progression, i gives you NWR progression... they are 2 different systems."
or you might as well compare it to various other things from MR tests too.

im just saying, treat it as a new different mission, after all, that is what it is.

Again, I'm going to have to disagree with you, but from a different angle. To me, your argument can be translated into "one mission gives you Steel Meridian reputation, the other gives you Perrin Sequence reputation, therefore they are different" to which I could only agree on the most superficial of levels. On the practical level they are very much the same, and thus I disagree with you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Again, I'm going to have to disagree with you, but from a different angle. To me, your argument can be translated into "one mission gives you Steel Meridian reputation, the other gives you Perrin Sequence reputation, therefore they are different" to which I could only agree on the most superficial of levels. On the practical level they are very much the same, and thus I disagree with you

lol... no offence, but if that is really how your mind operates, im not surprised you dont understand what im saying.

i will try put in a little more detail.

"one mission gives you Steel Meridian reputation, the other gives you Perrin Sequence reputation, therefore they are different"
no, in this case they are the same, they both use the same type of missions to gain standing.
if one ONLY gave you defence and the other ONLY gave you disruption, then they would be different and trying to argue they are the same is kind of dumb.
yes they both give you standing, but the mission (how you get it) is COMPLETELY different.

you and everyone is trying to compare MR tests to a totally different type of mission.
saying things like "this doesnt happen or that doesnt happen in MR tests", the obvious answer will be "yes you are right", you ask why?, because its not a MR test, its a PUZZLE.
the fact that both reward points has no value in the argument about how you get them.

you're trying to compare apples with oranges and im trying to tell you that you shouldnt, because they are not the same thing.
then going on to say, "but they are both green at some point", although that may be true, the texture and taste are still different.

bottom line seems to be, everyone just wants something else to use in their argument to try make it more legitimate, so they think using MR tests is the best thing, meanwhile there is absolutely no link between the two, you dont even need to do NW missions, it has NO impact on your MR.

using your type of example, its like trying to argue that your syndicate standing should impact your MR, because syndicate missions are longer and harder.
even that is closer to compare than NW to MR.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

5 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

you and everyone is trying to compare MR tests to a totally different type of mission.

Again, I do not agree that they are a different kind of mission. I mind that MR Tests and the Glassmaker Mind Palace are, fundamentally, incredibly similar experiences. To quote myself, "A virtual world meant to test how much you've been paying attention, but that isn't supposed to last more than 2 minutes or so." The human mind cannot be blamed for drawing a direct connection

And I don't feel that it's getting off-topic either. If one was told that you can aim-glide in Steel Meridian but not in Perrin Sequence, that would also cause a lot of comments on the forums about it

26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Again, I do not agree that they are a different kind of mission. I mind that MR Tests and the Glassmaker Mind Palace are, fundamentally, incredibly similar experiences. To quote myself, "A virtual world meant to test how much you've been paying attention, but that isn't supposed to last more than 2 minutes or so." The human mind cannot be blamed for drawing a direct connection

And I don't feel that it's getting off-topic either. If one was told that you can aim-glide in Steel Meridian but not in Perrin Sequence, that would also cause a lot of comments on the forums about it

giphy.gif

i have nothing further...

38 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

giphy.gif

i have nothing further...

You have your train of logic and I have mine. I can at least see why you would argue that they have fundamental differences -- because "a calm but firm test from the Lotus" and "a chase through a killer's mind as he tries to push you out" are definitely different flavors from a non-gameplay perspective

Not sure if this is the place to post this but I do have complains and possible improvement suggestions. So far I have wasted 50 cephalite resonances and I'm losing my enjoyment with this update. 2 from falling off the platform (yes, I'm still horrible at parkour) and 3 from no knowing all the warframe jargon. Having to jump on a platform to select the answer is not very optimal and hard for someone like me who still find fast warframe movement very difficult to control after 800+ hours. My suggestion for this is either having the fall (when a player didn't touch the platform) to respawn and try jumping again instead of outright mission fail or change the platform to a corridor and eliminate that failure point.

The other issue I have is that warframe is full of makeup jargon and most of the quizzes I have encountered were choose the right warframe jargon. I even screenshoted all 5 clue items and their descriptions or messages and tried to memorize them but then I faced with a completely random jargon that I have not even seen or read from the clues. If CSI investigation was the inspiration then the questions should really be from the clues and not the warframe wiki. Or give me the warframe wiki entry as a clue, I don't mind reading more into the warframe lore.

I wish this feedback could help shaped The Glassmaker experience a little better and more enjoyable for other who may have similar problem.
PS. Apology if there is any grammar or spelling error, English is my 2nd language.

Everytime I jump my game will lag a little and I end up missing the platform and fail. This is pissing me off. Can't DE make the platform bigger or give us a reset if we miss the platform?

Edited by Frysalt
  • Like 2

I went to jump onto the first platform, and fell into space because, apparently, parkour mechanics are not enabled. I don't even know which parkour technique I tried because jumping is so instinctive at this point.

Either remove the need to jump, or make missing a platform restart the level, but not fail it. We should not be farming additional resonance just because we missed a jump to the correct answer.

Edit: I should add that a large part of my annoyance springs from the fact that there have been other similar environments where parkour did still work, so the fact that it wouldn't work in this puzzle only seems obvious in hindsight.

Edited by Lurker37
addendum
  • Like 1

Le 17/05/2020 à 18:47, teemerae a dit :

The other issue I have is that warframe is full of makeup jargon and most of the quizzes I have encountered were choose the right warframe jargon. I even screenshoted all 5 clue items and their descriptions or messages and tried to memorize them but then I faced with a completely random jargon that I have not even seen or read from the clues. 

OK:

Clue 1: The Weapon - Staff, Dagger, Z (can't remember the other one) = When that plattform shows up, choose the weapon you saw.

Clue 2: - The Ayatan Star - Take note of the symbol shown. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct symbol.

Clue 3: The Corpus Tablet - Take note that there is a name in BOLD. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct name.

Clue 4: The Market Tablet - It will show a well-known Warframe character in the top-left, Baro Ki'Teer, Maroo or Darvo. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct character.

Clue 5: The Burned Note - Take note that there is a name in BOLD. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct name.

Every time you attempt the puzzle, the order of the platforms WILL change.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lurker37 said:

I went to jump onto the first platform, and fell into space because, apparently, parkour mechanics are not enabled. I don't even know which parkour technique I tried because jumping is so instinctive at this point.

Either remove the need to jump, or make missing a platform restart the level, but not fail it. We should not be farming additional resonance just because we missed a jump to the correct answer.

Edit: I should add that a large part of my annoyance springs from the fact that there have been other similar environments where parkour did still work, so the fact that it wouldn't work in this puzzle only seems obvious in hindsight.

what are you trying to do that REQUIRES "parkour mechanics"???

seriously, most of these complaints make me think this challenge is some kind of, insane run for your life through corridors, through air vents and up walls or some kind of intense acrobatic and gymnastic competition.

THIS IS ALL YOU DO!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

what are you trying to do that REQUIRES "parkour mechanics"???

seriously, most of these complaints make me think this challenge is some kind of, insane run for your life through corridors, through air vents and up walls or some kind of intense acrobatic and gymnastic competition.

THIS IS ALL YOU DO!!

And I failed to reach the platform twice already. Its great that you got the hands, eyes, and keyboard coordination going well, but some of us have difficulty with simply that.

On 2020-05-19 at 5:13 PM, Els236 said:

OK:

Clue 1: The Weapon - Staff, Dagger, Z (can't remember the other one) = When that plattform shows up, choose the weapon you saw.

Clue 2: - The Ayatan Star - Take note of the symbol shown. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct symbol.

Clue 3: The Corpus Tablet - Take note that there is a name in BOLD. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct name.

Clue 4: The Market Tablet - It will show a well-known Warframe character in the top-left, Baro Ki'Teer, Maroo or Darvo. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct character.

Clue 5: The Burned Note - Take note that there is a name in BOLD. = When that platform shows up, you need to select the correct name.

Every time you attempt the puzzle, the order of the platforms WILL change.

Thanks, I will keep this in note when I'll make another attempt but sometime the answers are not images or character's name, that's the part I'm having difficulty with. Random words that I don't even knows what they means and its not like I have the time to write it down and do a search later.

Il y a 8 heures, teemerae a dit :

Thanks, I will keep this in note when I'll make another attempt but sometime the answers are not images or character's name, that's the part I'm having difficulty with. Random words that I don't even knows what they means and its not like I have the time to write it down and do a search later.

They are not "random words" though, they are literally names that appear in the clues themselves (in bold as well). In the video above, there is "Havera" and "Tubular Array"; both of those appeared in the clues that that guy had.

Your clues could be different, but everything you need is in the clues. Look at them again and look at the name in BOLD.

• Like 2

Yeah after 2 tries that didn't go far, and reading the comments here, this is more frustrating than inventive. As a game developer I say this is fake difficulty that has a poor user experience. This is the Deadly Towers of Nightwaves--yes there's a great idea in there somewhere, but the presentation is frustrating and poorly explained.

Edit: Good fix, now at 5 per attempt and falls just cost a bit of time, it feels like how it should have been from the start. As it often happens, design and QA teams become complacent in difficulty testing because they come in knowing the mechanics and how to get through, so it is too easy in testing--I've fallen in that pit many times--and I feel like that might have just been the issue as to why it was so poorly balanced at first.  

Edited by LegendaryNeurotoxin
Good fix is good fix.

I attempted this for the first time while having no idea what was going on and then oh my god there's a timer what the hell is going on. Then platforms appear and the timer is counting down and the dialogue is also happening all at once, so I randomly choose one and jump on, thus wasting 10 cephalite in less than 1 minute.

Better onboarding please. I thought the 10 cephalite requirement was a key, not a ticket, and I did not reinvestigate the crime scene before diving in.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

On 2020-05-20 at 6:06 PM, Els236 said:

They are not "random words" though, they are literally names that appear in the clues themselves (in bold as well). In the video above, there is "Havera" and "Tubular Array"; both of those appeared in the clues that that guy had.

I have had names show up that did not show up in my clues today. Neither Havera or Pravegtha (?) were names for my scene.

My clues are: Sword, Eye/Triangle, Tiltshifter, Kaveet, and one without bolded names that talks about some Venusian trouble.

On 2020-05-30 at 6:27 AM, wtrmlnjuc said:

I have had names show up that did not show up in my clues today. Neither Havera or Pravegtha (?) were names for my scene.

My clues are: Sword, Eye/Triangle, Tiltshifter, Kaveet, and one without bolded names that talks about some Venusian trouble.

Each stage gives three options.  Kaveet, Havera and Pravegtha are all potential answers from one clue but each player will have been given a random one.  For you it was Kaveet and for me it was Havera.  The one without a bolded word has a picture you need to pay attention to (either Maroo, Baro or Darvo).

@5p33dy_01, Thanks for the video.

I had a completely different problem. I was panicking because of the timer and was jumping before the new island would generate. The platforms seemed unstable and some wierd instinct kept telling me that I should jump off as soon as I landed on a platform lest it colapses. ... Well, the platform did collapse, but I didn't know it was BECAUSE of my jumping.

Another proposed solution:
Let the first clue be presented. Don't start the timer. Put a barrier around the island. The player can start the timer (and disable the barrier) whenever they're ready by using a console in the middle of the first island.

A bit of advice:
Timer in a puzzle is fine. Limited access to a puzzle is fine. Limited access to a timer is not fine. At least not when a timer starts by itself, during some conversation.

And don't introduce new controls or camera angles controls or any limitations in general. Not with a timer present. Not when the change is unrelated to anything. It just feels unnatural.

Edited by Uthael

Related to the title, so I guess it fits in the topic...Please flip the triangle formation upside-down. Ideally, make it match the irregular pentagon shape in the background.
CwAzGtx.png

Edited by Uthael
  • Like 1

A couple general notes of improvements coming with the next update (based on feedback here, and in general):

• Upon falling/jumping off a platform in the Weave, you’ll now be teleported back to the main platform instead of failing the Weave. 
    The non-existent aim-gliding in the Weave was the root of many Weave failures, which is why we have added the teleport. It’s still the Glassmakers game though, so use your time wisely! 
  • The amount of Cephalite Resonance to enter the Weave has been cut in half. The requirement is now 5 instead of 10.
  • Your Cephalite Resonance count, as well as the amount required for the Weave, is now displayed upon hover on the Glassmaker crime scene Episode selector. 
  • Like 44

2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • The amount of Cephalite Resonance to enter the Weave has been cut in half. The requirement is now 5 instead of 10.

Is the max cephalite also cut in half to 10 or is it still 20 and I don't need to farm it again to complete the next four games?*

*if they work the same as the first one, 5 to enter etc.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A couple general notes of improvements coming with the next update (based on feedback here, and in general):

• Upon falling/jumping off a platform in the Weave, you’ll now be teleported back to the main platform instead of failing the Weave. 
    The non-existent aim-gliding in the Weave was the root of many Weave failures, which is why we have added the teleport. It’s still the Glassmakers game though, so use your time wisely! 
  • Your Cephalite Resonance count, as well as the amount required for the Weave, is now displayed upon hover on the Glassmaker crime scene Episode selector. 

As another QoL to add, make it so that Nora warns the player before entering the Weave to double check their clues if they need to. I understand we need to pay attention, but going in blindly caused confusion and frustration for others.

• Like 3