Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yual

Spoiler - Glassmaker "quest"

Pleas remove the timer in this quest, I lost all my Cephalites because I didnt know I had to make a choice and I panicked thinking it was a parkour.

This is very misleading and there is nothing telling you that you have to choose in a correct order .

||sorry for my bad english||

It's day one of however long we'll have to do this, at least until the end of the week, probably a fortnight or more before we get the next part.  I think you'll be able to get another 10 and try again in time.  Stay calm, review the clues again before you go in and pay attention to words in bold.

I totally agree, the whole thing is confusing, and I get that it maybe SHOULD be (after all, it's solving a murder mystery we are talking about) but please don't punish us for trying to learn what this system is about, as OP stated, the first confrontation is really panic-inducing.

For me it probably means just waiting for someone on YouTube to explain everything, as I do not have enaugh time to hunt glassed enemies over and over again to even understand what I'm expected to do.

How the hell does it work? I thought it WAS a parkour puzzle.

came to say the same, you cant hear the guy because the mission is timed and if you fail the damm quest you lose everything, is pretty annoying, i was all day to gather the 10 resonances, the mobs appearance suck

7 hours ago, Yual said:

Pleas remove the timer in this quest, I lost all my Cephalites because I didnt know I had to make a choice and I panicked thinking it was a parkour.

More importantly, cephalite should not be consumed upon failure. Other content in Warframe doesn't work that way (e.g. Void Relics, Grendel missions), and for good reason.

From what I can tell, it's you reviewing the clues first before you go into the parkour room.

Then they do that whole thing like it was Phoenix Wright putting together details.

Jump onto the platform that has names/icons/items/people, that matches the clues you read from before. Repeat til you get to last one.

I admit it felt kinda crappy failing this and having to get more Resonance. 

1st time, I panicked when I saw the timer and jumped on first platform I saw, causing me to fall.

2nd time, I noticed 3 platforms and chose what I thought was right and moved on. After 2nd platform I realized this is where all the clues we observed before this came in. Failed on 4th jump because couldn't recall a symbol.

3rd try, went back to study clues. Passed without any issues!

I'm guessing be couple weeks before we get 2nd episode so gives plenty of time to farm up more since I don't see this resource being used for anything else. It only took me 30 Resonance and I'm sure I'll naturally get more than that before next episode just running missions normally.

Only thing I would change however is if these enemies really are on a "25min server time spawn", either add in-game timer telling their next attack or change how their spawn is determined all together. Also a mini-map icon would be nice.

1 hour ago, Maj-Cero said:

"25min server time spawn"

I'd doubts that the case until I hear something official.  If it is the case then I must spend a lot of time hunting Marks/Seeds in Syndicate missions!

Am I the only one who did it on the first try without any problems? One can go in the maze only after finding all 5 evidence, so I wrote them down and went farming the resonade. The only problem I can see here is the timer, preventing us from listening Glassmaker's speach

The platform bit should require 10 cephalite to be able to enter but they shouldn't be consumed until success. This would be a major improvement to the quest and make it much less annoying.

7 hours ago, Mephane said:

More importantly, cephalite should not be consumed upon failure. Other content in Warframe doesn't work that way (e.g. Void Relics, Grendel missions), and for good reason.

Unfortunately, this event is built more in the vein of the Ambulas / Kayla de Dayum / Mutalist Alad V, where you do in fact lose your entrance fee resources whether you win or lose. It's annoying and clearly designed to be a time-sink grind. All I can say is this substantially sours my experience of the event. Can we at least get a few attempts, like we do on Mastery Rank tests?

After learning here, on the forum, what I was supposed to do, the sequence went rather smoothly. Not a huge fan of the fact that (as always 🙂) we don't get anything resembling a guide on the first try.

Luckily 10 Cepha-wololos is not really hard to get, that's something.

But yeah, DE menaged to pull the same trick on me again, not letting me know how to interact with something, and I, once more, menaged to not see it coming, but still love you DE ♡