10 cephalite resonance dumped into the trash can ? (Spoilers..kinda)

Got the 10 cephalites, jumped into the new whatever thing is and.....

No problem with the clues and was doing fine with the timing and all, but my keyboard just thought it would be a GREAT idea to just bug itself and make me fall from the platforms at the very last moment.

So after the fifth "quiz" platform I fell and i don't know if i missed something and just lost 10 cephalites for nothing.... if that's the case, then it's a huge F. Don't get the idea about this platform thingy.....must be the sour taste due to my absolute bad luck tho'.

EDIT: After farming 10 cephalites again, managed to do the trial with no unfortunate issues on my end, and here's the summary:

• Every player has a different scenario to memorize and answer for the puzzle
  • You get 7k standing
  • You don't "advance" to a next level, it's just that single shard in the NW interface, gotta wait for next one.
  • There's some Lore reveal with
Spoiler

a Rock, something about the Unum, "Legem" word which means "Law" in orokin, and that's it, no cutscene, nothing else

cliffhanger much?

il y a 8 minutes, Xenox_Ilz-ot a dit :

So there's a platform puzzle when giving the 10 Cepha-something?

From what I saw before I randomly jump on a platform with the face of baro on it and lost everything. Its 5 platform with 5 differents icones that you have to jump on the one that match the most what the "guy" is descripting. And you have to do it in a specifics order like the lich systeme. Oh you also have a 1 min timer to make sure you panic.

24 minutes ago, Yual said:

From what I saw before I randomly jump on a platform with the face of baro on it and lost everything. Its 5 platform with 5 differents icones that you have to jump on the one that match the most what the "guy" is descripting. And you have to do it in a specifics order like the lich systeme. Oh you also have a 1 min timer to make sure you panic.

Oh great, was that the only way they could think of to extend this nightwave?

EDIT: What just happened? What kind of bullsh*t did I just see? I barely had time to react to what I was supposed to do that 30s was already gone

You know what, I'll just wait until someone posts the answers somewhere. I have an extremely short temper & I acknowledge it, but this isn't helping, I don't want to grind again just to get a chance at doing it again, I have other stuff to do

My thought was, after the fourth/fifth platform you run out of more platforms because you don't have more clues to go on.
The other 4 parts of the whole pentagon will unlock one at a time, each giving us more clues etc.
I surely hope that some random lucky (?) person would be able to somehow solve the mystery in the first week, let alone the first day of the new nightwave 😉

hace 3 minutos, Spookmineer dijo:

My thought was, after the fourth/fifth platform you run out of more platforms because you don't have more clues to go on.
The other 4 parts of the whole pentagon will unlock one at a time, each giving us more clues etc.
I surely hope that some random lucky (?) person would be able to somehow solve the mystery in the first week, let alone the first day of the new nightwave 😉

I managed to answer the 5 puzzles with the "underlined" features of the clues,

Spoiler

first was the "old man's name" (Kaleet or something like that), then the ayatan symbol (cross), followed by the obvious dagger, the Baro icon, and finally the verb "Transmo-something else".... but as i said, my keyboard bugged and i fell down.... big Oof...

4 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

I fell off at the same place, I chose the left platform I think. Not sure if that was wrong, but I sure hope we/someone would not be able to solve it this early.
That would mean, tomorrow it'll be on youtube, and during the weekend everyone would have beaten it...

11 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

Hide contents

first was the "old man's name" (Kaleet or something like that), then the ayatan symbol (cross), followed by the obvious dagger, the Baro icon, and finally the verb "Transmo-something else".... but as i said, my keyboard bugged and i fell down.... big Oof...

I believe each person has different clues, which correspond to the clues found in the crime simula. I completed mine and mine were:

I dont recall his name but it began with an H, the ayatan on mine was an eye, his weapon was a polearm zaw, his contact was darvo, and I'm not sure I recall the final one but it was called a tubular something

So it seems everyone has something different which isn't going to make helping friends with it very easy. 

42 minutes ago, Yual said:

Suddenly I just lost all interest in this NW.

I'll just rank up like normal, get that landing craft, move on. I refuse to put up with that kind of BS.

2 minutes ago, KCToxic said:

I believe each person has different clues, which correspond to the clues found in the crime simula.

Sounds like it.  3 out of 5 of mine matched yours.

36 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You know what, I'll just wait until someone posts the answers somewhere.

The answers are in the 5 clues you have to look at to be able to access it.  More details below:

Spoiler

The logo projected by the Ayatan Star, the weapon, the three correspondences (the picture on one, the boldened name and item on the others).

Completing it gives a little bit of cryptic story and 7,000 points.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The answers are in the 5 clues you have to look at to be able to access it.  More details below:

Reveal hidden contents

The logo projected by the Ayatan Star, the weapon, the three correspondences (the picture on one, the boldened name and item on the others).

Guess I'll just have to write them down before doing the test

Honestly the whole thing sounds kinda interesting, until I remember that each attempt costs me whole 10 cepha-things.

I'm probably going to have a PTSD of sorts now, since I literally jumped down from the first platform, expecting to be teleported back up 🙂

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this jumping puzzle sounds brutal.. anyone tried using Titania or Zephyr? lol.

It's not a platform puzzle, it's a memory one, you have to remember the clues that you saw in the scene & answer correctly

Wait so if everyone has slightly different sets of clues..... which is the canon scenario? Do they just choose one at random? 

Is this gong to be another heccin XCOM2 where, uhh it's hard to write for a scenario where you beat the game by essentially becoming a psionic god sooooo none of that happened and ummmmm this is the worst timeline, GG. Which gives me exactly zero incentive to bother with actually playing XCOM2 because nothing I do will be canon anyhow. 

15 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

It's not a platform puzzle, it's a memory one

Even more annoying than platform puzzles if you ask me.

If I want to play a memory game I'll dig out the frickin Memory set I got stuffed in a 15 year old box somewhere.

Seriously I can't believe we waited half a year for this.

• lukasystem changed the title to 10 cephalite resonance dumped into the trash can ? (Spoilers..kinda)
1 hour ago, mrbubblepants said:

What the heck does a jumping puzzle have to do with crome scene investigation? Its these stupid design choices that make me wonder why the hell these people atill have a job. 

Obviously you have not ever played a game in the 80s....

Platformers were almost every game.

Mega Man

Mario

Castlevania

Contra

Have you not realized that this game is made by video game players from back in the day? Pac-Man is Fissures. K-Drive is Tony Hawk. Railjack is Star Trek(which DE also made).

We ain't playing one game but an arcade with fashion in it

I was curious how bad the 'platforming' was and it's like, a basic jump/doublejump. It's not really platforming. If you've gotten past jupiter then you have nothing to worry about besides over complicating it yourself. The platforms are just how you make your 'choices' in a multiple choice quiz regarding the victim's history.

That being said, sucks to lose an oppurtunity due to hardware fidangliness. :/ at least the traces are numerous at 5 per nearly every mission (or so)

4 hours ago, Yual said:

This was me just now. I didn't know it was a puzzle at all so I saw a platform and just jumped on it. Figured it was gonna create another platform or something for me to continue. Nope! Fell to my doom and lost all of it. And yes, the timer made me panic and fueled my desire to jump instead of look around.

Gotta admit, rubbed me the wrong way a little but eh, I'll collect them and try again some other time.

Archived