Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new speedrun Nightwave challenge is exactly what this game needed

dsagent

I am talking about the:

"Finish a Capture mission in less than 90 seconds"

It is better to reward players on skill / overcoming a challenge as opposed to mindlessly grinding for a goal.

Personally I would have preferred 60 seconds instead but this is a good start.

I hope this is a prelude of good things to come. Very refreshing.

• Like 27

S P E E D M E T A harshly punishes people who dont or cant subscribe to it though. I havent done it yet, but if it turns out 90 seconds requires a speedframe build and a specific mission node... thats simply bad design. 

DE really shouldnt fall into the path of exile trap. 

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ARC_Paroe said:

S P E E D M E T A harshly punishes people who dont or cant subscribe to it though. I havent done it yet, but if it turns out 90 seconds requires a speedframe build and a specific mission node... thats simply bad design. 

One single nightwave challenge rewarding a playstyle is not harshly punishing anyone. You can skip like 60% of the nightwave challenges and still get to 30...

And don't worry, you could do it with unmodded excal if you wanted to. An actual speed build is for if you want under 30 sec.

• Like 14

hace 16 minutos, (PS4)ARC_Paroe dijo:

" but if it turns out 90 seconds requires a speedframe build"

No .

"and a specific mission node"

No .

Its not bad desing ... you are just a bad player .

• Like 1

Nah it cost too little time to be an elite weekly. 

Considering DE has the nerve to put Lich eliminate in elite challenges, this should change to complete a capture mission with time no less than 2 hours.

Edited by dEjAvU5566
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, (PS4)ARC_Paroe said:

It doesn’t require a speedmeta frame... I did it fine with my Valkyr P on earth... the only mod affecting her speed was armored agility and even then I did it in 1 min 6 seconds, well within the 90 second time limit 

• Like 3

Isn’t this challenge a gear check? 🤔 

It doesn’t sound difficult to do, but that’s because I can do a capture on Earth with my OP equipment. The gear check may be small, but it’s there.

If my observation is correct, does this reflect what many are looking for? Enough damage numbers to do a thing faster?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dsagent said:

I am talking about the:

""Finish a Capture mission in less than 90 seconds"

Honestly I wouldn't call that a challenge.

I just jumped into a capture mission on earth. I got stuck on terrain and self-staggered myself about 10 times and still had 5 seconds to spare.

• Like 2

It doesn't, I was able to do it as a harrow in 70 sec just bullet jumping in cassini. Very easy really 👌

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Isn’t this challenge a gear check?

No. Unless you don't know how max a few elemental mods and put them in your weapon, you can do this with any frame in any map.

I'd just avoid Corpus and Void maps tho, because of those goddamn lifts/elevators. I hate them slowing me down, even when I'm not doing something time-based.

• Like 3

Considering I just ran my Valkyr prime with my normal load out within 1min I don’t think you need a specific speed build.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Isn’t this challenge a gear check? 🤔 

You don’t need any sort of speed mods or speed frames... You simply go into Earth with any frames free of speed mods or abilities, and you can do it. There is literally no gear checking. There would be if it said it had to be in a higher level mission though. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SleepingVictors said:

You don’t need any sort of speed mods or speed frames... You simply go into Earth with any frames free of speed mods or abilities, and you can do it. There is literally no gear checking. There would be if it said it had to be in a higher level mission though. 

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying that this singular challenge is not a gear check if a player chooses a node where the default equipment is strong enough to overcome it easily, but it is a gear check if a player chooses a node where they’d need to equip additional power?

Wouldn’t that make it a gear check, it’s just that our standard gear is beyond the base requirements (low-level Earth mission) and by default has been checked already?

edit: Perhaps we don’t have a shared interpretation of the term “Gear Check” 🤔 I’m open to getting on the same page if needed

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

You can make it using in game movement mechanics. New players should learn how to slide, bullet jump, and mid air roll early on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying that this singular challenge is not a gear check if a player chooses a node where the default equipment is strong enough to overcome it easily, but it is a gear check if a player chooses a node where they’d need to equip additional power?

Wouldn’t that make it a gear check, it’s just that our standard gear is beyond the base requirements (low-level Earth mission)?

Nah, low level missions are a recomendation to doing it fast if you have trouble with your gear. You can do it on mercury (first planet) and you"ll be fine too, even without mods, how that can be a gear check?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xHeretic said:

Nah, low level missions are a recomendation to doing it fast if you have trouble with your gear. You can do it on mercury (first planet) and you"ll be fine too, even without mods, how that can be a gear check?

Sorry, I edited the post in an attempt to clarify a bit more (adding “and by default has been checked already”), and it happened while you were responding to it.

My thinking is that if the default equipment were weaker to the point where we’d need to add power for the most basic node, that’d be a gear check. The game’s gone and cut out the middleman by making our stock-standard equipment powerful enough to do the basic node with no problem, and thus our gear check has been done for us

2 hours ago, (PS4)ARC_Paroe said:

I did it with both my normal Mesa prime build and my loot radar khora. It's not that hard 

One of the few Nightwave that I did not enjoy. Especially with having the Map button no longer taking the config of my Action Button. This led to having to place my Action Button on Sprint....and having Titania go slow as all molasses was not fun.

Finished with 3 secs left.....

Speed runs are not my thing as I explore and actually have time to do the game instead of being a speeding bull getting one cow.

Don't do this again DE....you are better than that

• Like 1