Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesn't DE's marketing display ever have any kind of video displaying the contents of a bundle

weirdee

Whenever I pull up a prime access page, or a prime vault page, or any number of package deals over the years from starter packs to digital tennocon packs, the description of those bundles is, at the low end, a text list of the items, at the midrange, a group of static item thumbnails that are the size of a postage stamp each, and at the very most, a more detailed static image that shows only some of the items at one angle.

And the emotes are always a thumbnail that doesn't describe anything at all. The motion lines are basically useless.

Then they list a price of like, 15, 20, 49 dollars, more for prime access/vault full packs.

I've been wondering: how long would it take for DE to like, poke a marketing intern, and get them to screen record cosmetics, edit a bunch of clips together maybe at different angles or rotating around the display, and post it on the same page that the items are being sold. Like, just to humor the curiosity of prospective customers, so they don't have to rely on a single, 15 minute long meandering video posted by a random player to see what they're getting.

• Like 2

Most items you can just preview in-game with ease - and those exceptions like Tennocon stuff you can still preview using chat commands.  [TennoCon 2020 Syandana] and I can see it and gaze at it's beauty. 

I think the better option would to just make it so you can actually preview PAs and TennoCon Packs without having to use chat commands - that would give you the truest representation anyway as you'd see it in-game. 

Just doesn't seem like it's really a major issue to warrant making somebody spend time on the site when the in-game functionality could be improved. 

You're assuming that the people who do marketing spreads are the same people who make ingame content, which.....well, actually might be the case on a team of DE's size, but highly unlikely in general. I don't get why people keep thinking that, like they think that somebody who does graphic arts and web design works on a game engine lol