Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manually triggering alarms

Zoh_Veldae

I am sick and tired of having to wait for the enemies to finally realize MAYBE I'm enough of a threat to warrant alerting the whole tileset of my presence. If we could just hack into any console and manually trigger the alarm, I'd have a much easier time finding enemies to kill. Maybe even have it bump up the enemy's level if we do for the extra challenge, i don't know. I just want it available as an option instead of having to depend on the faulty A.I.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FreelanceTentacleMonster said:

Fun idea, but there's a bit too much griefing potential in multi-player sessions, especially in missions where you don't want the alarms raised. It'd definitely be a cool Solo-Only function, though.

What isn't griefing potential nowadays?

I've always thought there should be some on-the-fly adjustment from the consoles in mission. Perhaps call in new modifiers, increase or decrease difficulty, change mission parameters, etc. Feel like consoles could be used for far more than just shutting off alarms.

5 minutes ago, AshenHaze said:

You mean you have issues with their telepathy?

Seriously just walk in front  of some dude on the other end of the map. The entire base goes nuts.

There was a rework to undo the hive-mind last year. Though it had always been like that before then, it's far far less now. It's particularly noticeable with Grineer, as they take a full second to react, and are often far more forgiving and ignorant of noise detection than they seem they should be.. but still better that than the actual hive-mind they used to have.

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

I would do this for every mission so those who have unveiled rivens "exterminate without triggering alarm" lol Troll master is my name

Usually people just go solo for those with stuff like Loki or Ash. I have no idea why you even think you'd accomplish anything "trolling" in this situation.

5 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

Usually people just go solo for those with stuff like Loki or Ash. I have no idea why you even think you'd accomplish anything "trolling" in this situation.

Because Ive done this before in public runs. Let the other player kill all enemies while you follow so you don't trigger or alarming enemy sight. Shoot the stragglers before they see you :)