[DE]Megan

Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker: Hotfix 27.5.2

Ty for the hotfix.

Also please increase the spawn rate of glass enemies or make the spawn timer visible so we don't have to wait a lot of time to kill them. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed inability to exit the Railjack for a while after returning to the Dry Dock from a Railjack mission.

Finally...this has been a problem for ever...like...since Railjack revisited came out...a couple week ago?

Seriously, glad this is fixed. Was annoying.

hi, there was an issue related with the "l" menu in railjack, if you are piloting, and press L to use tactical menu, the teleport/ use avioncs / use WF skills are not shown  

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Swapped the ‘Friendly Fire’ Act to be a Weekly challenge and the ‘Explorer’ Act to be a Daily challenge, as the latter is the easier Railjack Act to complete thus making it a Daily.

Did you mean you swapped 'Friendly Fire' with 'Confiscated'? I don't understand why hijacking a Crewship and getting 3 kills with said Crewship would both be considered weeklies. Confiscated sounds like a better fit for a Daily Act.

Posted (edited)

@[DE]Megan

Excited to play the new Glassmaker mystery. Got enough Cephalite Resonance to see what it did. Glassmaker talked for a bit, then presented me with a couple of choices.

Do you know what happened next? I went to bullet jump to the one I thought was correct, only to miss the platform by a foot.

Thought it wasn't a big deal, thought I would try it again, because usually falling into a bottomless pit means nothing in Warframe.

But the mission kicked me back into the starting area, and to my surprise, all of my Cephalite Resonance had been used.

This sucks. No way around it. If I failed because I got the questions wrong, that would be one thing. But for falling? Really?

In MR Tests they even give you a couple of attempts if you fall, and they at least warn you ahead of time that you could fail and be punished for it.

But I never even got a chance to play the Glassmaker. And now I have no Cephalite Resonance, and I'm not sure if I even want to get more.

This feels like a "Gotcha" mechanic, and it sucks. Hopefully that wasn't the design intent behind this.

A simple fix would be to respawn the player at the beginning if they fall, you know, like for literally everything in Warframe.

Or if you fall, you get sent back to the scene with your Cephalite Resonance intact.

But please don't punish your players for playing your game. Most of us want to enjoy the stuff you guys make, but its terrible mechanics like this that lead to bad first impressions.

Please remove this unnecessary punishment from Glassmaker.

Edited by DariusMcSwag
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  •  
  • Potential fix towards Cephalite enemies remaining invulnerable even when their glass has been destroyed.

For the invincible enemy I ran into yesterday, the shard itself never actually even broke after 14 minutes of pumping every form of damage I had available into the enemy (primarily that shard, but also all the rest of him in case the shard was displaying in the wrong place). Will watch today to see if it happens again.

Edited by Andvarja

Who thought it would be FUN to lose 10 resonants you earned over the span of 4 hours because you missed a jump?

Did anyone ever playtest this

• Like 11

The glass puzzle is very complicated. I have tried many different ways and still end up falling. 

1 hour ago, Zhuinden said:

Who thought it would be FUN to lose 10 resonants you earned over the span of 4 hours because you missed a jump?

THIS.

At the very least, give us our normal, 'in mission' movement. It's extremely irritating having to move at a crawl while unable to aim glide and being expected to perform any amount of timed parkour, without initially being aware of those limitations.

• Like 6

Theres a glitch where the Mimica shawzin looks like the Corbu shawzin with a swapped color pallete. is this intentinal?

uhhh i fell asleep on my keyboard on this one X_X hahaha...  Thx guys keep it up ❤️ 

Please EITHER:
Remove Cephalite time gating.
OR
Remove the requirement to keep farming cephalites if u fail the platform quiz, as it makes zero sense as to why a quiz can be FAILED by slipping off the edge, a completely irrelevant accident to the actual objective.

• Like 4

Can we possibly have the chat window disabled during the crime scenes for Glassmaker? I accidentally opened it and fell off the edge, wasting my cephalite.

• Like 1

This is all great stuff, keep up the great work guys I just wanted to bring up two things> I'm not sure if these might have been removed or mentioned in previous patch notes but I have noticed the Domestik drones have become awfully quiet in my orbiter were their buzzing cleaning sounds made quieter? 

I have also noticed that you can no longer pet your moa pet anymore?! I'm not sure if again this was removed or perhaps was too buggy with a moa pet and kubrow/ kavat active but i do miss not petting my moa. 

I hope to hear more updates/ bug fixes keep up the great work guys!

I'm not sure if the time limit for the Glassmaker puzzle is a good idea. I too missed the platform on my first attempt - fine, picked Zephyr next time - and completed it on my second attempt, but I was so focused on not messing up the jumping again that I barely managed to listen to the narration. So now I feel that I completed a jumping challenge, but not the first clue of a murder mystery.

• Like 3

Honestly I'll just run this current season for the rewards and thats it.

The story side of it can go die in a fire, not gonna sit around for yet another timegated enemy. 

The launcher has tooltips? I'm hovering over the options and see nothing... oh well.

15 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Command Intrinsic when

It's been 6 months, you guys have made Railjack better, now make it complete.

Cannot agree enough.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Cleaned up Profile Stats by removing the list of scanned items since that information is in the Codex already.

Sad to see this go, it was the easiest way to find out if another player cared about scanning things; Now there is no way to find out except asking.
Before the "order by name" change a few updates ago it also served as a scan log.
And no, that information is not (completely) in the codex, as was mentioned before, not all things that had an entry there are in the codex.
(The splintrix during SS was scannable for example, but never showed up in the codex).

Please consider reverting this change(or give us a statistics page in the codex that hosts this info)

• Like 1

Thanks for the hotfix! Love you DE!

in case this has not been raised yet,just noticed that players are able to go back to the Weave after finishing it, and while it consumes 10 cephalite resonance, it doesn't provide any rewards. Not sure if intentional or not. :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

DE are you considering Unreal engine 5 for a full graphical/scalable updated on War Frame? I think that your game would benefit a lot from this engine moreover when there are no tight polygon budget restrictions and direct import from Z brush. Plains of Eidolons and Fortuna will look epic with such upgrade. Please make it happen. The game deserves to enter the next generation. ^^. 

Edited by Felsagger