Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dont want to set up an agenda to play Warframe

MobyTheDuck

AKA Timegates are stupid.

I dont want to put a timer to remind me I HAVE play Warframe at X time otherwise I will miss resources.

Nitain timegate was stupid. Eidolon timegate is stupid. Scarlet Spear timegate was stupid. Anomaly timegate was stupid, but that was fixed.

WHY is there a timegate? You cant hold more than 20 resonance. The next chapter will happen in weeks. People just cant rush the content if there is none to be rushed.

WHY cant the glass anomaly just change planets, like Kuva Siphons? Everyone agrees that timegates are stupid.

WHY cant people just play the game when they want?

• Like 15

I don't mean to be rude, but this complaint about the 25 minute timer for the glassed enemies is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like people are complaining just to complain.

In case you didn't know, the Nightwave will run for at least 12 weeks most likely, the enemies are meant to pop up as you play normally (i.e. you don't hunt them specifically), but not all the time as they'd ruin pacing if it was a random spawn.

25 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

You cant hold more than 20 resonance.

Plus, using this argument, why are you trying to get the 20 resonance as soon as possible? You can't hold more than 20, so why do you have to get on every 25 minutes to get 20 resonance day one when it can't be used until at least 2 weeks from now... ?

Just... play the game normally, you'll get the glassed enemies over time and you'll clear everything with an absolutely bucketload of time to spare, unless you have to do everything day one so you can complain about how there's nothing to do.

I have never hunted these things and they're just popping up when I play, giving me enough extra standing and resonance to continue.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 18

It impresses me that people are actually ok and defending a system where resources are locked behind a time gate, RNG to drop and a carry limit.

No wonders the updates quality has nosedived the last year, when they decided to artificially increase the content length by adding several layers of RNG, time gates, limits and punishment for failing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

Just... play the game normally, you'll get the glassed enemies over time and you'll clear everything with an absolutely bucketload of time to spare

thats the point tho......

some of us have literally NOTHING else to do in the game and have been waiting on a new nightwave to provide content.

Now we get to rely on another fkn RNG mechanic 

oh just keep playing .... why ? we were already bored 

Well how about i don't waste my fkn time and just watch youtube videos of it instead?
because people have already gotten further than others because they have been "lucky" to get ahead by getting drops.

you gotta start getting this right DE...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Eidolon timegate is stupid

Largely why I've yet to max out Quills yeah... just can't be bothered to schedule the grind, especially when I have to structure the rest of my life around it as a result. If I could simply decide that "I want to go do this now" it'd have been done many moons ago.

Not a fan of time gating either. In some cases it's less of a bother to me like the earth day/night cycle, but since that's for plant farming that I hardly need it's a minor thing. For anything bigger though, having an hour or multiple hours of wait is just... no. I dealt with scarlet spear on the premise it was presented, but I would have preferred a format that did not include a 3 hour reset that ended up eating multiple weeks because of having to wait in between waves. Tried to get the best out of it, but the result was basically to catch the start of a wave, grind for 2 hours on one to three flotillas then not bothering for the last hour because what's the point when it doesn't succeed anyway? Then try to use the last hour for something actually constructive before rinsing and repeating.

• Like 2

Idk, I don't see the issue.  If this is structured like previous series',  then the spawns will continue even during the next episode and with the catch up mechanic, players can burn through the content at their own pace, once they've built up a backlog of challenges. 

You can't run through this RIGHT NOW, no, it hasn't been out for more than a few days so there hasn't been enough time for any backlog to accrue. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Idk, I don't see the issue.  If this is structured like previous series',  then the spawns will continue even during the next episode and with the catch up mechanic, players can burn through the content at their own pace, once they've built up a backlog of challenges. 

You can't run through this RIGHT NOW, no, it hasn't been out for more than a few days so there hasn't been enough time for any backlog to accrue. 

this is not about the nightwave challenges, its that a resource needed to do a challenge is time limited and capped, and that the mission that its used for is also time limited and rng dependent in itself.... this has nothing to do with ranking up in nightwave

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-13 at 3:11 PM, MobyTheDuck said:

Eidolon timegate is stupid.

Calling it stupid is being classic, this timegate basically single-handedly managed to breed toxicity in-game, which is rare in Warframe. Also made it so any experienced player would rather just play it with other experienced players rather than teach newbies, because the clock is ticking, basically worked against the strengths this community has.

On 2020-05-13 at 3:11 PM, MobyTheDuck said:

Scarlet Spear timegate was stupid.

This is basically an event with timegates within it, not only that, they structured it so basically every 3 hours, the last hour is not worth running(because bonus becomes more unlikely). Yeah, quite #*!%ed up, the rewards were good i guess tho, so that's something

• Like 1

If you play for an hour a day, even if it's every other day, then you are going to get the 20 cephalite pretty damn quickly. Heck, it seems like they're only releasing the crime scenes every other week, so that people don't just blitz through them.

Also, all that it has offered so far is standing for nightwave itself; it's like doing an extra elite weekly.

You could very likely skip the crime scene thing altogether and still get rank 30 on the nightwave if you can complete everything else. i really do not see the issue here.

Complaining about enemies showing up every 30 minutes on a set timer, when there are things like Equinox requiring 166 hours to build (at minimum), or the god awful "Rising Tide" "quest" that requires you to do a god-awful horde-mode and then wait 6 hours for each part to craft.

Edited by Els236

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

If you play for an hour a day, even if it's every other day, then you are going to get the 20 cephalite pretty damn quickly. Heck, it seems like they're only releasing the crime scenes every other week, so that people don't just blitz through them.

I haven't seen a single spawn in my last 15 hours of gameplay.

5 minutes ago, zuraja said:

I haven't seen a single spawn in my last 15 hours of gameplay.

You must be doing something horribly odd with your playstyle or rushing missions in 2 minutes and then spending 30 minutes talking in chat or hoping for paydirt in the trade channel. Play some endless or back to back bounties in an open area using the tents or the mission guy so you stay outside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hobie-wan said:

You must be doing something horribly odd with your playstyle or rushing missions in 2 minutes and then spending 30 minutes talking in chat or hoping for paydirt in the trade channel. Play some endless or back to back bounties in an open area using the tents or the mission guy so you stay outside.

I've done multiple 30+ minute endless missions with nothing to show for them but a bigger pile of worthless fodder relics.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Except the fact you have to stick around in a mission long enough for nora to speak up that some are present and you cant really do it in very particular mission types like kuva missions. Where do you think most pug runs are going to last longer then 5-15 minutes, outside of special content where said cephalite fissures can NOT spawn in? Correct me if im wrong, but if my current understanding is that you need to wait a full 25 minutes, start a mission and then rng-sus has to decide if it will spawn some, pray the enemies near those fissures which could spawn anywhere in the giant sized map are close by and then rinse and repeat the process just for a small instance.

It would of made way more sense to have random enemies in most missions spawn as cephalite infected, nora would speak up if there is one present at the start of the mission and preferably mark how many are present in the mission via sub-objective which would then double as a way for people to know if no more are present. Enough with this whole ripping the meme straight from REGULAR fissure mechanic and keep it bare bones simple.

Which is similar to the same gag as what borderlands 3 has done for all 3 of its mini event period for Bleeding hearts, Halloween & Cartel event, enemies would straight up can have unique apperances which when killed, would spawn an object which would result in additional effects, the Cartel one literally summoning up a buncha Cartel variant enemies and sometimes a unique mini-boss which can drop event specific loot and all 3 are EASY to enjoy because they do not go out of the way to demand some overcomplicated b.s. and they even let you go to a special BONUS MAP for the halloween and cartel events, where you could reap a bunch of loot and have a more effective way to farm the event bosses for the event specific drops.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Also, all that it has offered so far is standing for nightwave itself; it's like doing an extra elite weekly.

Literally the SAME gag as what the first 2 night waves, saturn six and the acolytes in phase 2 did and you know sure as heckle that people learned to make use of that for massive amounts of standing farming to get a head quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

You could very likely skip the crime scene thing altogether and still get rank 30 on the nightwave if you can complete everything else. i really do not see the issue here.

Yet thats the thing, huge hocks of bonus standing is still tempting especially when D.E. is clearly going to hide some extra bonus item behind it. Similar to how you could get the WOLF SLEDGE by repeatedly killing the Wolf & going to fight the acolyte`s prelate boss netted people that pathocyst glaive weapon. So it stands to reason that more then likely, we will get a new boss, likely the Glassmaker or some powerful minion of his to net a glass-themed weapon of sorts and since the first two were melee weapons, we can expect another fancy melee weapon, likely tied with a unique gimmick that might allow us to glassify enemies, probably even brownie points if it creates a specter with any enemy we kill with say a HEAVY attack with said weapon.

1 hour ago, Els236 said:

Complaining about enemies showing up every 30 minutes on a set timer, when there are things like Equinox requiring 166 hours to build (at minimum), or the god awful "Rising Tide" "quest" that requires you to do a god-awful horde-mode and then wait 6 hours for each part to craft.

Its ultimately a matter of not keeping the system simple. Atleast for Equinox, its still following the same original formula: You kill the boss and you get one particular part 100% guranteed, no time gates, no random spawn locations, no guranteed drop chance on the loot which is more disatisfying then getting a duplicate part drop. Since atleast you can just mash the repeat button and keep killing the boss again and again, so your immediately re-rolling to get the part you need, then having to get b-slapped with no respect to people doing pre-prep work.

I mean, would it not be nice if we could sacrifice excess resonance for small bits of standing instead of having this 20 cap gag? Would it NOT be nice that we only have to pay once to unlock the puzzles and not have to god dang recollect a buncha more resonance to try again because not all of us got the idea we should of saved the notes, nor would everyone be patient enough or maybe even read the subtitles or have the volume up to see what the voice says since D.E. kind of needs to make a better NPC talking HUD system then having a massive obstructive mugshot with sometimes barely even able to read text at the bottom of the screen where certain locales can make said text extremely annoying to read, especially when very bright sfxes can be going on due to certain weapons, actions from enemies or warframe abilities?

Ultimately many things can be complained about the entire thing, but the point is that plenty of things could of been done but have yet to be to improve the quality of nightwave to the point it is as unobstructive on doing it as little as possible and we can just progress on it regardless of what we are doing.

Such as maybe do X missions, Do a SINGLE full round of sortie(Not 3 of them in a week), do 3 syndicate missions(NOT. TEN OF THEM) and more generalized missions instead of ones that get frustratingly specific to clear if you do not purposely go on a earth/venus node map and use some cheesy solo method to get thru it EASY.

Eidolon's supposed to be a boss not a special enemy, on real wars one side attacks for x time, if the attack fails or didn't gave a critical hit they retire to regroup, nitain is "fixed", anomaly is fixed so you can't complain about it, and if you are a experienced player you know that the open worlds are the best place to farm nightwave random encounters and why you need more than 20 cephalite? right now has no use and when nightwave ends you will have +99999 cephalite for what?

I can understand if you complain about the time that needs to craft something but this (except for scarlet spear, wich let's be real, the attack would last way longer) is nonsense.