Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forums Needs The Ability To Post Polls!

Malora_Sidewinder

I went to make a poll this morning, and realized that there's no obvious way to do so.

Am I missing something, or is there actually no way to post a poll on the WF forums?

Polls are usually part of the template for forums, so activating it probably can't be all that difficult, and I feel very strongly that the community would make good use of the polls.

or is there a way to post polls and i'm just bad at life?

You can't post polls. While I'm not sure being able to is entirely a great idea, I would love to see polls made by DE regarding game features (something like a weekly poll) so they have an idea what the community wants, rather than responding to a given volume of duplicate threads.

You can't post polls. While I'm not sure being able to is entirely a great idea, I would love to see polls made by DE regarding game features (something like a weekly poll) so they have an idea what the community wants, rather than responding to a given volume of duplicate threads.

DC has them, you should know ;P though people always complain that the option they want isn't on there...

but yeah they haven't unlocked them for us mere mortals (non-staff) for whatever reason

It should be very easy to allow us to post polls. Even several other forums which use the same Forum Software (IP.Board) have 'em. Look:

krvg.png

dq2k.png

It seems that the reason why we aren't allowed to post 'em now is because of concerns of Spamming, though.

It seems that the reason why we aren't allowed to post 'em now is because of concerns of Spamming, though.

Can you elaborate on that? Why would polls increase spam? Wouldn't it decrease spam since people might feel their vote is sufficient over a post? Currently, to voice an opinion you have to post...

Edited by VegetableBasket

Can you elaborate on that? Why would polls increase spam? Wouldn't it decrease spam since people might feel their vote is sufficient over a post? Currently, to voice an opinion you have to post...

I seriously have no idea. The concept of disallowing the use of certain BBCode to prevent Spamming/Cancer-giving posts is nice, but it appears that DE decided to lump Polls into the "Spam/Cancer-Giving BBCode category" and disabled them.

^^I have a lot of faith in DE, and i'm willing to wager that it wasn't actively decided that polls would be bad for the community to have access to. i'm thinking it's more along the lines of something they didn't set up at first and never got around to.

Let's face it, they have a lot of more important things going on at any given moment, although fixing this one issue could certainly only take about 30 seconds.

^^I have a lot of faith in DE, and i'm willing to wager that it wasn't actively decided that polls would be bad for the community to have access to. i'm thinking it's more along the lines of something they didn't set up at first and never got around to.

Let's face it, they have a lot of more important things going on at any given moment, although fixing this one issue could certainly only take about 30 seconds.

It's definitely set up, since they've used them in DC. All they need is to flip a switch somewhere to give permissions, but I'm pretty sure they have a reason not to.