Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear / Railjack performance

I've noticed that it often seems like the longer you stay in a Railjack mission, the drastically worse performance gets. I was in a Space Scarlet Spear mission earlier today and we got stuck waiting for kill codes. Eventually it got to the point where it was an absolute slideshow even though no one was really doing anything,

Is it possible that there's a performance leak somewhere? It seems to happen mostly when I interact with enemies on a Murex / Grineer base / Boarding party. 

This video shows the performance issues. Mostly just running around since I needed one hand to hold the camera. The framerate is NOT because of twitter, that's what it actually looks like while playing - https://twitter.com/ohgodzilla/status/1260653500947550209?s=19

Edited by (NSW)ohgodzilla

9 hours ago, (PS4)Razgriz_Wolf26 said:

Murex is currently broken. I have experienced the bug you've experienced. I'm not receiving kill codes even though the chat system said so. Also, the ranking is bugged to. Man, final day of Scarlet Spear and many bugs appeared.

I wasn't pointing out an issue with kill codes, just framerate. 

We were getting kill codes still, there just wasn't enough Ground squads so we had to wait a lot. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Razgriz_Wolf26 said:

Murex is currently broken. I have experienced the bug you've experienced. I'm not receiving kill codes even though the chat system said so. Also, the ranking is bugged to. Man, final day of Scarlet Spear and many bugs appeared.

I've had this issue as well, actually, it's like your instance falls off the map and is totally ignored.

Regarding the original issue though, I'm pretty sure this occurs due to how Scarlet Spear works. From what I can tell, it loads in all the player models in the relay in the background, for the purpose of the "We have received/sent a kill code!" screens, and as I'm sure you know, the Switch already struggles with 4 player squads.

Amplify that issue up in Scarlet Spear with however many players there are per flotilla, and you get really laggy missions, regardless of ground or space. Space does seem worse though, which I am going to assume is an issue with railjack.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

I've had this issue as well, actually, it's like your instance falls off the map and is totally ignored.

Regarding the original issue though, I'm pretty sure this occurs due to how Scarlet Spear works. From what I can tell, it loads in all the player models in the relay in the background, for the purpose of the "We have received/sent a kill code!" screens, and as I'm sure you know, the Switch already struggles with 4 player squads.

Amplify that issue up in Scarlet Spear with however many players there are per flotilla, and you get really laggy missions, regardless of ground or space. Space does seem worse though, which I am going to assume is an issue with railjack.

Yeah makes sense, I think railjack missions in general have optimization issues too. Like I said, they always seem to get worse as time goes on. 

• 1 month later...

My game got frozen on my 7th railjack mission in a row so I'm really pissed off all my quit missions are because the dam game keeps freezing. I don't think I'm going to buy next month's vault just because of that I have lost so much stuff in the game I can't find it enjoyable anymore and I play it across 4 platforms