Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Swipe Touchpad Hotkeys Always Reset When Restarting Game

Hello,

(Edit) I just realized I may have posted this in the wrong place...  When I read Game Translations, I thought it was referring to PC to PS4/Xbox/Switch, not language.  My bad, but I will leave this here just in case that was right?

So, I assigned my PS4 controller swipe pad to do gear items a LONG time ago because PS4 players don't have as many luxury hot key options as the computer players do.  Here's the setup:

vbvASrV.jpg

which links gear items to my swipe pads, so when I need Life, Archwing Launcher, Energy, ect... It's at my fingertips instead of going through a whole gear wheel where I could potentially mess up what I select.  This worked fine until yesterday.

I log in yesterday, for the new Glass Maker and Railjack stuff and my hotkey swipes are now back to abilities... I was thinking okay, no problem, I can just reset them back and everything should be fine.  It worked fine until I restarted the game for one reason or another.  The hotkey swipe pad reverts back to Ability A,B,C and D every time.  Also, when you open up the Options button > Options > Customize Controller and select any of the swipe pad options and look they are all located in two different places every time.  Here's a screenshot that shows the down swipe twice:

6knMgHQ.jpg

It's like that for up, left and right swipes as well just further down the scroll menu.

I changed the Right D pad button from Inspect to a gear item as well, because I just use the chat menu or type /profile (player name) to do what that does, so I found it useless.  The Right D pad option hotkey WORKS fine right out starting the application, which is kind of confusing considering it's not first on the list like the swipe keys:

6QkMJ0m.jpg

As you can the Right-D pad is still in two places... the Right-D pad option in the list works when application starts.  Though, for the swipe options you have to reconfigure the whole thing back to default then circle out/save, then go back in and change it back to hotkeys gear numbers.

This PS4 bug so far is driving me bonkers!  I hope it's an easy bug to fix and please fix it soon.

Thanks DE!

-Poestis

P.S. Just bought the Tennocon Digital Pack like I do every year.  No reason I even needed then or now, only to support all the hard and creative work you guys do year after year.  You guys keep it updated and I love how I never run out of stuff to do in the game... Though still working on that impossible J3 Jordas Golem scan, lol to get that Codex to 100%.

Edited by (PS4)Poestis
Wrong wording, wrong place?
  • Like 1